ADVERTISEMENT

WR play vs Iowa

blion72

Jan 1, 2010
on TV it was hard to tell if our WRs were having trouble getting open. Johnson had most of the yard from the WRs, and Hamilton had a few catches. not much else. we seem to have a very talented WR but not getting as much as i expected.

anyone who attended the game in person may have seen this better. for any of you who were at Iowa, what did you think or our WRs getting open?

Did you happen to notice how many passes were deflected by the Iowa DL ?

I guess this is the week for the WRs to make a statement. Herbstreit said Indiana had the best QB/ WR combo Ohio St would see all year. Plus another poster reported that David Pollack said on Sirius radio (?) that without Barkley PSU only wins 5-6 games. Hopefully this is the game that the WRs/ passing game prove them wrong.

Blacknall has an ez TD if Trace delivers. Gesicki on at least one occasion has a sea of green if the ball gets there. And others. Joe saw things and set Trace up.. he did not deliver. Had he done so, we blow that team out and we've got 700 yards of total O.

Gonna hafta find a way to get Trace clean throwing lanes.

Blacknall has an ez TD if Trace delivers. Gesicki on at least one occasion has a sea of green if the ball gets there. And others. Joe saw things and set Trace up.. he did not deliver. Had he done so, we blow that team out and we've got 700 yards of total O.

Kinda glad it didn't turn out that way because this game just built some character and got them ready to play OSU at the shoe because most of these guys have never played in an environment like Kinnick at night...imho

Reactions: N&B4PSU

True, but until this game, it really hasn't been a big problem. The size of Iowas
DL, (very tall) is not something we will see again unless we play them in the title game.

True, but until this game, it really hasn't been a big problem. The size of Iowas
DL, (very tall) is not something we will see again unless we play them in the title game.

I'm not sure... I was about to post on this issue prior to the iowa game about Trace having passes batted down/tipped... maybe i'm exaggerating it.. but it bothered me pre-game.. and a lot during it.

We might noit see too many 6/7 guys but he'll play against plenty of 6'5 with hops.

I'm not sure... I was about to post on this issue prior to the iowa game about Trace having passes batted down/tipped... maybe i'm exaggerating it.. but it bothered me pre-game.. and a lot during it.

We might noit see too many 6/7 guys but he'll play against plenty of 6'5 with hops.

I wish I could find it for you but someone yesterday listed the starting heights of the DL's we will face the rest of the season, Iowa was much, much taller than most.
I'll look around for it, I think it was worth it.

Kinda glad it didn't turn out that way because this game just built some character and got them ready to play OSU at the shoe because most of these guys have never played in an environment like Kinnick at night...imho
That's a pretty good point... we needed a game like this (not sure my heart needed it lol) for that reason. As I said sunday, the question is whether it is the beginning of something special or a harbinger of oh-so-close games to come.

Gonna be a ride!

Reactions: Cpeplion
I wish I could find it for you but someone yesterday listed the starting heights of the DL's we will face the rest of the season, Iowa was much, much taller than most.
I'll look around for it, I think it was worth it.
I appreciate that... I'm surprised but happily so :)

I appreciate that... I'm surprised but happily so :)

Here it is...thank you campbellLION and ptomaselli.

owa had more success batting down balls at the line than any team I can remember against Trace. I just checked the height on Iowa's 2-deep on the the D-line and found these guys:

Anthony Nelson 6'7"
Cedrick Lattimor 6'5"
Sam Brincks 6'5"
Matt Nelson 6'8"
AJ Epenesa 6'5"

I doubt we will see a D-line with as much height as we saw against Iowa so hopefully the batted balls don't become a trend. You're right. Iowa is BY FAR the tallest DL we will face from here out. Here's the starting DL (courtesy Ourlads) heights for the remaining schedule:

IND: 6-4 6-2 6-2 6-2
NW: 6-4 6-3 6-3 6-3
MICH: 6-5 6-2 6-4 6-3
OSU: 6-5 6-3 6-3 6-4
MSU: 6-4 6-3 6-4 6-3
RUT: 6-2 6-4 6-3 6-5
NEB: 6-4 6-5 6-2
UMD: 6-3 6-3 6-2 6-3

Maybe after Sat. night Limegrover will ahhh, ahem, "adjust" the technique for a jumping DLineman.;)

I guess this is the week for the WRs to make a statement. Herbstreit said Indiana had the best QB/ WR combo Ohio St would see all year. Plus another poster reported that David Pollack said on Sirius radio (?) that without Barkley PSU only wins 5-6 games. Hopefully this is the game that the WRs/ passing game prove them wrong.

WRs can't pass the ball to themselves (to quote a post from gameday)

LdN

ADVERTISEMENT