ADVERTISEMENT

WR Coach

Graham Harrell is a OC and QB coach at North Texas why would he want to be WR coach here.

Justin Lustig is a Special Teams coach.

Kasey Dunn? I would assume if he wanted to leave Stillwater he would have a while ago.

I'm not predicting it will happen, but it would be intriguing to have Terry Smith move back to wide receivers and bring in a new CB coach. Smith played WR at PSU and coached WRs at Temple for a year before moving to Franklin's staff. He was willing to go to defense because he thought the experience on the other side of the ball would help him land a coordinator or head coach job some day.

I get the whole alumni angle, but not every coach wants to recruit HS kids. Not sure of not if that is the case, but the ex players coming back to PSU to coach rarely ever happen FWIW...it's just fan talk.

Exactly why would he give up his NFL gig for a college job that probably makes him less money.

I like the idea of Tee Martin but your probably going have sweeten the pot for him as he will likely need a bigger job title then just WR coach.

Reactions: JoeFi
Other than Wash St. i was impressed with Iowa St., Hakeem Butler was outstanding , their receiver coach is Bryan Gasser.

Tee Martin, Associate Head Coach/WR Coach.

Cant name him Assistant OC because that only works when you have a really, really good offense.

PSU has one of the premier, young receiver groups in the nation, with the very real possibility of adding another top talent in Julian Flemming.

Any exceptional WR coach who really enjoys his work should be anxious for the personal opportunity and privilege to come to PSU and work with these young men.

I expect nothing less than an excellent WR coach to join the staff.

Last edited:
I'm not predicting it will happen, but it would be intriguing to have Terry Smith move back to wide receivers and bring in a new CB coach. Smith played WR at PSU and coached WRs at Temple for a year before moving to Franklin's staff. He was willing to go to defense because he thought the experience on the other side of the ball would help him land a coordinator or head coach job some day.

Terry was one of the most underrated receivers in PSU history in my opinion. Tough for a smaller player and never dropped anything (that I remember which might not be saying much). Should be an option imo. Opens up the field of candidates for sure.

Reactions: 2atpsu
I get the whole alumni angle, but not every coach wants to recruit HS kids. Not sure of not if that is the case, but the ex players coming back to PSU to coach rarely ever happen FWIW...it's just fan talk.
It's slightly more than just fan talk: Kenny Jackson came back to Dear Old State to help develop Bobby Engram, Freddie Scott, Joe Jurevicius, Chafie Fields and Bryant Johnson among others as WR Coach from 1993-2000.

Mike McQueary coached up Deon Butler, Jordan Norwood, Derrick Williams, Derek Moye, Terrell Golden, Justin Brown, Graham Zug, Brett Brackett (and even Allen Robinson for one season) from 2004-2011.

Just sayin'

Josh Gattis. He will want his old job back (a demotion) and less pay and less chance of winning a ring. He wasnt mad at all for being passed over for OC. Perfect fit!!

It's slightly more than just fan talk: Kenny Jackson came back to Dear Old State to help develop Bobby Engram, Freddie Scott, Joe Jurevicius, Chafie Fields and Bryant Johnson among others as WR Coach from 1993-2000.

Mike McQueary coached up Deon Butler, Jordan Norwood, Derrick Williams, Derek Moye, Terrell Golden, Justin Brown, Graham Zug, Brett Brackett (and even Allen Robinson for one season) from 2004-2011.

Just sayin'

well i'm not sure how much coaching up he did for either Golden, Brown, Brackett outside of Brown none of them did much of anything.
He also doesn't get credit for Robinson.

How about a former PSU coach Stan Hixon. He's been at temple since O'Brien let him go at Houston.

I think this hire is very critical like to me it will show if Franklin truely is good at hiring coaches or does he lean more to guys he coaches with.

expect WR coach to be announced next week with interviews held this weekend. at the convention.
I'M NOT WAITING THAT LONG, CANUCKHAL!
I want answers now. Someone please start talking. One of you for certain knows who Franklin started following on Twitter, or who just started following Franklin.
NOW I SAY!!

(sarcasm emoji)

OL

I think LJ’s point was that if it was left up to most “fans”, PSU’s Coaching Staff would be:

Kerry Collins
KiJana Carter
Bobby Engram
Kyle Brady
John Urschel
Lavar Arrington
Devon Still
Paul Posluzny
And, of course, Tom Bradley and Al Golden :)

And Sean Lee down-the-road!

Since it will be two years at minimum before we'll know how good the hire is, I'm just going to trust that it goes well until it doesn't.

Reactions: psuluvr1
Graham Harrell is a OC and QB coach at North Texas why would he want to be WR coach here.

Justin Lustig is a Special Teams coach.
I would suggest WR coach at PSU makes more money than the OC at north Texas. Also I assume he understands how to coach wideouts.

Reactions: Shpsu
ADVERTISEMENT