ADVERTISEMENT

Wow, CJF at his PC didnt want to talk about the USC job.

He must be gone.

Let’s go after Narduzzi, he knows the big 10 and has won an ACc Coastal title.

Or Barbers from Syracuse or Jay Wright.

Or Bill Cowher he knows Pittsburgh Football. Maybe Coach Tomlin, his son could turn down MD and come to State College with his father.

He must be gone.

Or Bill Cowher he knows Pittsburgh Football. Maybe Coach Tomlin, his son could turn down MD and come to State College with his father.

No way, Babers is off the list. Same with Brohm. Let's get Canada. Did you see the way he carved up the OSU offense? Genius.

Reactions: PSU Soupy
Didnt give an "I'm here to stay" answer. Blew the question off in just a few seconds. Very questionable denial.
I wouldn’t read too much into this. It’s probably him not trying to dignify the rampant speculation (what it is at this point). If he starts side stepping questions at his final PC after the bowl, then it’s time to talk scenarios.

Funny, university of Buffalo head coach said that same thing today in his press conference. OMG!!!

2f360c659f89b223a4527a1da2cae99e-original.jpg

He's gonna get mentioned for every major job in the universe. Does he have to answer questions about every single one of them. At some point isn't he allowed to say, "stop asking."

When someone calls from a place like USC he has a right to listen and not tell anyone. Or tell Sandy. He has every right to earn as much as he can, at PSU or somewhere else.

Right now I would assume he's staying at PSU because he has a chance to do something really special. But it he plateaus out at PSU, if recruiting levels off and he realizes he'll never really compete with Ohio State on an even footing, then maybe it's time to leave. But that would be a couple years off. The job openings will always be there.

Franklin is ambitious, still learning, still in the prime of his career. He is not Paterno obviously so you can't assume he'll want to stay in the same job forever. On the other hand he is building something pretty cool at PSU and don't we all want to see how far he can take it?

These guys will use to get more money for themselves, facilities and their assistants so they can compete at the highest level. Its called leverage, hope he uses it to his and ultimately our advantage so we can get on the level playing field paying a ton of $ to have the best. Ours is pretty good, but lets have the best.

More than likely his end game if he teeters at all. Hes no dummy.

The irony is, this hasnt been his best peformance personally this season. And he will get a raise just for being mentioned in the rumors perhaps. A lot of times these things are the coaches agents name dropping or leaking something when nothing is there for reasons above. Its the agents job.

Reactions: Minerva1903
Tim Owen/BWI staffStaff
Staff

NewSpeculation of USC job...

CJF said
It's that time of year where all this stuff happens. It's that time of year, the crazy mad time of year. As always, focused on Maryland. Not even fair or right to be talking about that job, from what JF understands about it. Completely focused on Maryland

I wouldn’t read too much into this. It’s probably him not trying to dignify the rampant speculation (what it is at this point). If he starts side stepping questions at his final PC after the bowl, then it’s time to talk scenarios.
If there is even a decision for CJF to make about the USC job, it will be long before the bowl game. Early signing date is mid-Dec. Those recruits will certainly know his plans before they sign the LOI.

Tim Owen/BWI staffStaff
Staff

NewSpeculation of USC job...

CJF said
It's that time of year where all this stuff happens. It's that time of year, the crazy mad time of year. As always, focused on Maryland. Not even fair or right to be talking about that job, from what JF understands about it. Completely focused on Maryland
makes sense to me. If I was a coach all options would remain open unless they are closed. If USC comes back and gives him Diddy's mansion, $20m per year and the right to be Paris Hilton's next fiance he may rethink things.

0059f58b663a40a6cba8

Didnt give an "I'm here to stay" answer. Blew the question off in just a few seconds. Very questionable denial.

Franklin is floating the idea of CJF to SC via his agents or confederates - it is being picked up by all the CFB writers - there is a lot of chatter on this. I think O'Brien did the same thing his 1st year around this same time of year. I think it is a very calculated move. I think he is leveraging for more program resources - either more salaries for staff, facilities, possibly more money for himself.

Maryland, Maryland, Maryland, Maryland, Maryland, Maryland

other spin...from Footballscoop.com....
Notice what Franklin does not say: “I’m going to be at Penn State in 2019.”

This is Franklin purposely leaving the door open to the possibility he could leave for USC.

The USC job is a completely different landscape than Penn State — and not just in terms of climate. Rather than battle annually with Ohio State and Michigan, Franklin would have the top brand in a talent-rich environment, all while living in Los Angeles.

Whether or not Franklin even hops at prospective USC offer remains to be seen, but he’s definitely leaving the door open.

Reactions: grinagrin
"FootballScoop"?

Every time I might even consider that "stoopid" may have been maxxed out...…

I am proven to be abundantly WRONG..... As entirely new levels of "stoopid" are excavated daily.

Obviously :)

SMH or LSHIPM?
it wouldnt surprise me you peed your pants, but probably not from laughing.

This is Franklin purposely leaving the door open to the possibility he could leave for USC.

The USC job is a completely different landscape than Penn State — and not just in terms of climate. Rather than battle annually with Ohio State and Michigan, Franklin would have the top brand in a talent-rich environment, all while living in Los Angeles.

Whether or not Franklin even hops at prospective USC offer remains to be seen, but he’s definitely leaving the door open.

The less he says the better. The more he says the more the press will pick it apart. he said he's focused on MD, which has been his messaging every week (dont' get distracted, focus on winning this week).

Whether or not Franklin even hops at prospective USC offer remains to be seen, but he’s definitely leaving the door open
giphy.gif

He must be gone.

No way, Babers is off the list. Same with Brohm. Let's get Canada. Did you see the way he carved up the OSU offense? Genius.
DECIDED. SCHEMATIC. ADVANTAGE. :eek:
giphy.gif

"FootballScoop"?

Every time I might even consider that "stoopid" may have been maxxed out...…

I am proven to be abundantly WRONG..... As entirely new levels of "stoopid" are excavated daily.

Obviously :)

SMH or LSHIPM?

They are actually very reputable about coaches changing jobs and informative. The writers there do blame Paterno for Sandusky though, almost made me unfollow.

The less he says the better. The more he says the more the press will pick it apart. he said he's focused on MD, which has been his messaging every week (dont' get distracted, focus on winning this week).
I agree he is in a no win situation no matter what he says, but maybe he's really saying, 'Sandy...'

ADVERTISEMENT