ADVERTISEMENT

Wow Cassiopi

I'm done with this thread except to say there's a reason I posted what I posted. What js and dan are calling me "being self righteous" is actually me a "marking" a post (El Jefes) that will be easy for me to find in the future when EVERYONE on HR tells me I'm full of shit when I say we police our own and that the mods won't allow ongoing posts here of people disparaging opposing teams programs a/o wrestlers without having some sort of proof to back up what they are saying... Especially something like steroid use. I've witnessed first hand our mods banning people for just that.

Btw, steroid accusations ain't even close to what I had in mind when I replied anyway. To be honest, I was thinking about how they all remained absolutely silent when a few over there called out John Brooks... said he was shopping his sons talents to the highest bidder and that Mr. Brooks named his price to Brands on what it would take Aaron to wrestle there. They go from accusing teams of cheating to then calling out athletes and their parents for taking bribes and payoffs. And I'll say it again, they ALL remain silent as if that's ok. There's no comparison between the two boards. There just isnt..
The self-righteousness comes when you act like people don't make those same callouts on HR, which they do. You get away with it because most people on here don't go over there and so you get to paint a nice picture about how terrible it is. I could also post on there and whine and complain about nasty things people say on here, but I understand what the internet is and don't waste my time.

There are 4-5 guys on HR that are garbage. They've been called out over and over again. They keep posting. They're annoying and they're mostly ignored at this point because they're annoying.

Dear Hawk fans,

Any idea what El Jefe just did here? Look closely...he stopped this board from becoming the low life scum that has overtaken your board. He stopped someone from disparaging the sport of wrestling, your program and one of YOUR athletes with an unfounded accusation. Simply put, HE POLICED HIS OWN.

Next time I'm accused of trolling HR, calling out your ENTIRE FANBASE and then lumping ALL OF YOU into one big pot of lunacy....REMEMBER THIS THREAD!

Oh..and yes...I've always agreed...I'm on your board way to much. Wanna know how you can stop all that? It's really quite simple. POLICE YOUR OWN!
GREAT POST 100%

I'm done with this thread except to say there's a reason I posted what I posted. What js and dan are calling me "being self righteous" is actually me a "marking" a post (El Jefes) that will be easy for me to find in the future when EVERYONE on HR tells me I'm full of shit when I say we police our own and that the mods won't allow ongoing posts here of people disparaging opposing teams programs a/o wrestlers without having some sort of proof to back up what they are saying... Especially something like steroid use. I've witnessed first hand our mods banning people for just that.

Btw, steroid accusations ain't even close to what I had in mind when I replied anyway. To be honest, I was thinking about how they all remained absolutely silent when a few over there called out John Brooks... said he was shopping his sons talents to the highest bidder and that Mr. Brooks named his price to Brands on what it would take Aaron to wrestle there. They go from accusing teams of cheating to then calling out athletes and their parents for taking bribes and payoffs. And I'll say it again, they ALL remain silent as if that's ok. There's no comparison between the two boards. There just isnt..
I should delete my post just to mess with you.

Nope. You do not get to play the lame false equivalency argument. It occurs on both boards, yes, but the massive extent that it occurs on HR, unchecked, makes it a ludicrous comparison. The frequency of occurrences is not even in the same universe.

Without a doubt, we have the best mods! (And I'm not saying this for a get out of jail card for future use....)

The self-righteousness comes when you act like people don't make those same callouts on HR, which they do. You get away with it because most people on here don't go over there and so you get to paint a nice picture about how terrible it is. I could also post on there and whine and complain about nasty things people say on here, but I understand what the internet is and don't waste my time.

There are 4-5 guys on HR that are garbage. They've been called out over and over again. They keep posting. They're annoying and they're mostly ignored at this point because they're annoying.
Not to stir the pot but I was banned two or three years ago for nothing. That's right nothing and the five years I was on HR over half of those dumb asses acted like morons no offense because I enjoy your posts and I know there are some good guys on Iowa's board but there are so many posters over there who are just over the top especially when bigs or nats comes around they crawl out of the woodwork with some serious off the all bs and when I said something to challenge them I get banned lmfao. F... HR

Reactions: SUPERTODD
We don't need a BWI vs HR debate. I think it's pretty understood BWI is way better. Ask @smalls103 He's a neutral party (despite what people joke about Willie being pro Penn State, Willie has said he LOVES Iowa fans that he comes across in real life and he loves the Iowa coaching staff)

Iowa fans on twitter often even disavow Hawkeye Report as representatives of them as a fanbase. It sucks because there are legitimately great posters on HR but their bad ones are loud.
HR would have told me 'this is OUR board. go pound sand, fester!'

haha.

i appreciate the Jefe's and IAChiefs who try to cut down on personal stuff. I get to know these wrestlers so when people make remarks i get...idk...emotional isn't the word...but defensive, i guess. whether it's the stupid slush fund argument or Daton's level of competition at worlds, or Cass' physique.

i'm all for criticizing and critiquing - i actually think there should be more of it in college wrestling (which, historically, has been super vanilla). but the pot shots....nah.

and for the record - yes - bwi is much much more level headed.

Last edited:

haha.

i appreciate the Jefe's and IAChiefs who try to cut down on personal stuff. I get to know these wrestlers so when people make remarks i get...idk...emotional is the word...but defensive, i guess. whether it's the stupid slush fund argument or Daton's level of competition at worlds, or Cass' physique.

i'm all for criticizing and critiquing - i actually think there should be more of it in college wrestling (which, historically, has been super vanilla). but the pot shots....nah.

giphy.gif

Steveson only needed a few months to go from Pillsbury Dough Boy to solid build.

Guess people can't remember 1 year ago when there's Iowa hate to be spewed.
Nonsense, Steveson's change wasn't nearly as pronounced, not to mention he was an extremely physically gifted 18 year old that really didn't need to work hard in high school, of course he is going to improve his physique in a Div I program, and this begs the question, why didn't Cass look any different after multiple years of intense work outs in the Iowa room, yet now after a few months he is a chiseled monster? I'm sure your naive enough to think DeChambeau could put 20 lbs of muscle on in a few months without assistance also.

Reactions: SUPERTODD
Nonsense, Steveson's change wasn't nearly as pronounced, not to mention he was an extremely physically gifted 18 year old that really didn't need to work hard in high school, of course he is going to improve his physique in a Div I program, and this begs the question, why didn't Cass look any different after multiple years of intense work outs in the Iowa room, yet now after a few months he is a chiseled monster? I'm sure your naive enough to think DeChambeau could put 20 lbs of muscle on in a few months without assistance also.
giphy.gif

I'm seeing a lot of people online (not just here) who don't understand what happened here. Cassioppi hasn't added a significant amount of muscle. That muscle was already there. He was a big dude. You just notice it now because he's lost a lot of fat and has definition now. This really isn't that drastic. You see it all the time when NFL lineman retire. It takes a tremendous amount of food to maintain that kind of size while training.

What realistically happened here: he made a decision 6 months ago that he wanted to slim down and get more athletic to match up better with Gable, Parris, etc... He made moderate, sustainable changes to his diet. He continued to train like an elite wrestler. The fat melted off. Now he looks jacked.

Hell, I dropped 30 lbs in 6 months after I graduated college, and I wasn't even doing cardio. I just changed my diet and lifted weights. All it takes is consistency and discipline. You really can't fathom that an elite division 1 wrestler is capable of that?
So up until recently, he wasn't interested in getting slimmer and more athletic?

Up until recently, he wasn't engaged in intense cardio training at a high level Div I wrestling program? Did he recently supplement his workouts with a membership at Planet Fitness?

Seems like you are the one missing the point. An athlete that loses a large amount of weight in a short period of time, will also lose strength. This is because it is virtually impossible not to shed some muscle along with the fat. "Supplements" would allow an athlete to maintain his strength, or even improve on it, during the period of drastic weight loss. Get it now? Or are you going to try to educate me some more based on the fact you were a fat college graduate?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: backdrft76
I have seen the before and after pictures of John Kruk when he trained at Mackie Shilstone's clinic in New Orleans, and Kruk's only supplements were hot dogs and beer.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
So up until recently, he wasn't interested in getting slimmer and more athletic?

Up until recently, he wasn't engaged in intense cardio training at a high level Div I wrestling program? Did he recently supplement his workouts with a membership at Planet Fitness?

Seems like you are the one missing the point. An athlete that loses a large amount of weight in a short period of time, will also lose strength. This is because it is virtually impossible not to shed some muscle along with the fat. "Supplements" would allow an athlete to maintain his strength, or even improve on it, during the period of drastic weight loss. Get it now? Or are you going to try to educate me some more based on the fact you were a fat college graduate?

Fwiw, I’ve lost 30lbs since May 1st. Some modest dietary tweaks (getting out of lockdown definitely helped), and a 45min swim 4/5 days a week is all it took. I feel terrific—I bet Tony does too, if he doesn’t also hate wrestling now, anyway…. Looking forward to see what he can do on the mat too. I think Kerk beats him this year, but Cass’s brute strength was too much to overcome last year. We will see. If he fails a drug test, I’ll get mad then.

The bigger they are, the harder they fall!!.......

Well...at least that's what my offensive line coach said back in 1966 LOL!!

Reactions: 7brwnpsu
John Kruk "I'm not an athlete, I'm a ball player". Said to some random women who said he didn't look like an athlete.
Almost as good as when a newcomer wanted his uniform number and all Kruk asked for in exchange was 2 cases of beer.

And that was before there was such a thing as good beer.

Anyway, I’m not really interested in how Cass went about his business during the offseason. If he has transformed physically as much as that single photo might suggest, then I’m more interested in 2 other questions:

(1) Was there significant weight loss?
(2) If so, will he be able to make the necessary technical adjustments (in short order) to remain as effective?

Re: #2 — Significant weight loss for a HWT changes the game in a big way. Style may need to be revamped to remain as effective, especially in top game and neutral defense. How quickly will that come?

Reactions: nitlion6
Fwiw, I’ve lost 30lbs since May 1st. Some modest dietary tweaks (getting out of lockdown definitely helped), and a 45min swim 4/5 days a week is all it took. I feel terrific—I bet Tony does too, if he doesn’t also hate wrestling now, anyway…. Looking forward to see what he can do on the mat too. I think Kerk beats him this year, but Cass’s brute strength was too much to overcome last year. We will see. If he fails a drug test, I’ll get mad then.
^^ Clearly on the juice.

Anyway, I’m not really interested in how Cass went about his business during the offseason. If he has transformed physically as much as that single photo might suggest, then I’m more interested in 2 other questions:

(1) Was there significant weight loss?
(2) If so, will he be able to make the necessary technical adjustments (in short order) to remain as effective?

Re: #2 — Significant weight loss for a HWT changes the game in a big way. Style may need to be revamped to remain as effective, especially in top game and neutral defense. How quickly will that come?
Finally some actual legit discussion!

He's always been a much better athlete than he was given credit for. I would expect him be more agile with 15-20 less lbs on him. With that being said, will the added athleticism make up for the loss of size and power. Will he be able to ride people the same way? The Kerk match up is especially interesting. He punished Kerk on the mat. Will he still be able to?

It's a nice wrinkle to think about coming into the season for a team with very little mystery. We'll get a preview of how he moves at U23 worlds in a bout a month.

Nope. You do not get to play the lame false equivalency argument. It occurs on both boards, yes, but the massive extent that it occurs on HR, unchecked, makes it a ludicrous comparison. The frequency of occurrences is not even in the same universe.
Hell, they don't even have monitors, and I deleted the post. There is no comparison.

4 to 5? Lmao. Go look at your football board while you're at it.

As far as trolls go you are fairly inconspicuous. Sometimes I'll say to myself this guy is just a Hawk fan he's not trolling. Then I read stuff like this. You lose credibility with those kinds of statements.

It's worth repeating, imo, that even a couple of HR's very best posters will hit the "like" button on some over the top crap that has no place on any team's message board.

As far as Cass goes, I'm happy for him. In 2019 I lost 40 pounds while going to the gym everyday. After Covid hit and closed the gyms I have since gained 30 back, but my muscle tone is surprisingly still there.
I wonder though, if being leaner will come at the price of less endurance.

4 to 5? Lmao. Go look at your football board while you're at it.
I'm surprised you brought up football boards. I wouldn't have. I check out the BWI board every week during football season. It's ugly even during wins for the Lions. Just my humble opinion of course.

Side note- Anybody from the wrestling board going to the football game this weekend? You are welcome at our tailgate. Good food and drinks for all. Near Finkbine golf course. I will be wearing my Hawkeye 2021 National Champs gear. Ask for WildTurk

Turk, can i come to your tailgate?
No CornFuscker fans allowed. If you do come to my tailgate they only thing you would have going for you is that my F-150 has an Aluminum body. It might be a little more forgiving than me😀

Last edited:
I'm surprised you brought up football boards. I wouldn't have. I check out the BWI board every week during football season. It's ugly even during wins for the Lions. Just my humble opinion of course.

Side note- Anybody from the wrestling board going to the football game this weekend? You are welcome at our tailgate. Good food and drinks for all. Near Finkbine golf course. I will be wearing my Hawkeye 2021 National Champs gear. Ask for WildTurk
This is iowa fans. This tHR. This is turk on a bad day.

#backtobeingmadatsomeoneelse

This is iowa fans. This tHR. This is turk on a bad day.

#backtobeingmadatsomeoneelse

Sure wish you didn't group me in with that crap. Not even sure why you posted that tweet here.
That is not Iowa fans for the most part, that is not HR for the most part and certainly isn't me even on my worst of days. Quit it with those broad strokes labeling Hawkeye fans as such.

I'm having a great day btw. Just giving some shit back to Willie, a known shit talker himself.

You don't have to poke your nose into every comment I make here Dunkej01. It's like you take it personal somehow. I came back for Worlds talk/info and ran into this gem of a Cassioppi thread.

What color pink?

Com on. Look at matches from the last 2 years. Cass was much more fit last year than the previous year. Not an Iowa lover.....but not an Iowa hater. There is video proof of the difference. First year Cass would never have beat Kerk at NCAA's. Calling like I see it.....on video :)

Reactions: PSUbluTX
Almost as good as when a newcomer wanted his uniform number and all Kruk asked for in exchange was 2 cases of beer.

And that was before there was such a thing as good beer.
Slush - I thought that was when Mitch Williams came to the club? Something about the number was the day he and his wife were married? I thought I remember hearing about that and then when Kruk was asked what happened he said Mitch was divorced and wearing #99 and the beer was gone lol

Slush - I thought that was when Mitch Williams came to the club? Something about the number was the day he and his wife were married? I thought I remember hearing about that and then when Kruk was asked what happened he said Mitch was divorced and wearing #99 and the beer was gone lol
Ha, you made me look it up for the details . . . Yeah, Mitch Williams. Apparently he had #28 on his previous teams, and so his wife had by then accumulated a bunch of #28 jewelry. According to Kruk, Williams didn’t want to have to replace her jewelry, and so the former gave up his number for beer.

I haven’t seen anything on the divorce part, yet, but I do remember “Wild Thing” being #99 (or 00?) at some point afterward (1993?). I also remember having a “wild bunch” t-shirt w/ caricatures of Kruk, Dalton, and Williams on the front. Good times. 🙂

Reactions: Herkuleez5

haha.

i appreciate the Jefe's and IAChiefs who try to cut down on personal stuff. I get to know these wrestlers so when people make remarks i get...idk...emotional isn't the word...but defensive, i guess. whether it's the stupid slush fund argument or Daton's level of competition at worlds, or Cass' physique.

You evidently missed the Suriano/Penn State/Slush Fund antics over there...and let's not forget the Ped State.

ADVERTISEMENT