ADVERTISEMENT

Wow Cassiopi

giphy.gif

No way that was natural. He is going to get nailed. Absolutely no way. He still won’t beat Gable or Kirk
C’mon, you don’t know. People can also work for similar results. He already beat kerk, so it wouldn’t have to be that much of a stretch. I’m with you, though, he probably won’t.

Reactions: 7Springs
Staying in the Western Addition Fillmore Street. It is fairly clean here but the wife and I walked to the Transamerica Building today as my son's office has moved there and wanted to see it.

Probably every third block you were dancing around remnants of animal or human waste. Didn't see too many homeless in this area, down by Geary and part of Russian Hill I saw a few.

I'm glad to see the Walgreens and CVS got around to have Security guards on premises. It has cut their losses greatly as many are off duty cops who don't take crap.

It was funny when I was at Walgreens yesterday a dude walked in and immediately two clerks screamed at him to get out. Apparently he was a habitual shoplifter. Within 2 minutes they the clerks were stopping 3 shoplifters from doing their tasks. Apparently some shoplifters time their actives to the break time of the security.

Different place than Pennsylvania.

Good night. Have a flight tomorrow early afternoon. I'd buy you a beer Cali if you were around here. Same for you Dog.

With the transformation Cass made. He might be in the next Body Building magazine. That takes years to make a drastic change like that, not months

Reactions: Flying_Tiger
His body didn't transform like that after multiple years training at Iowa, but now in a few months he is sculpted like the terminator?

Last edited:
No way that was natural. He is going to get nailed. Absolutely no way. He still won’t beat Gable or Kirk
Just stop with that. This isn't HR. Be better.

Dear Hawk fans,

Any idea what El Jefe just did here? Look closely...he stopped this board from becoming the low life scum that has overtaken your board. He stopped someone from disparaging the sport of wrestling, your program and one of YOUR athletes with an unfounded accusation. Simply put, HE POLICED HIS OWN.

Next time I'm accused of trolling HR, calling out your ENTIRE FANBASE and then lumping ALL OF YOU into one big pot of lunacy....REMEMBER THIS THREAD!

Oh..and yes...I've always agreed...I'm on your board way to much. Wanna know how you can stop all that? It's really quite simple. POLICE YOUR OWN!

Dear Hawk fans,

Any idea what El Jefe just did here? Look closely...he stopped this board from becoming the low life scum that has overtaken your board. He stopped someone from disparaging the sport of wrestling, your program and one of YOUR athletes with an unfounded accusation. Simply put, HE POLICED HIS OWN.

Next time I'm accused of trolling HR, calling out your ENTIRE FANBASE and then lumping ALL OF YOU into one big pot of lunacy....REMEMBER THIS THREAD!

Oh..and yes...I've always agreed...I'm on your board way to much. Wanna know how you can stop all that? It's really quite simple. POLICE YOUR OWN!
Not to mention @El-Jefe wears the uniform well!
giphy.gif

With the transformation Cass made. He might be in the next Body Building magazine. That takes years to make a drastic change like that, not months
His body didn't transform like that after multiple years training at Iowa, but now in a few months he is sculpted like the terminator?
Steveson only needed a few months to go from Pillsbury Dough Boy to solid build.

Guess people can't remember 1 year ago when there's Iowa hate to be spewed.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
Steveson only needed a few months to go from Pillsbury Dough Boy to solid build.

Stevenson transformed from a little doughy to a very sturdy physique, but it wasn't anything that made me go wow.
Cassioppi's transformation is a bit wow like. However, I have no idea what changes he made in diet, cardio training and strength training versus previous wow like physique so for me or anybody else to make accusations on a subject that I (or they) know so very little about would be stupid.
Of course, generally speaking stupid will do stupid.

I have to imagine being wrong with an accusation (veiled or otherwise) about PED use is pretty embarrassing and difficult to live down. Probably not worth the risk unless facts are known.

I have to imagine being wrong … is pretty embarrassing and difficult to live down. Probably not worth the risk unless facts are known.
I know the facts! Do you see how Cass’s face is darker than his body? Gullible people would buy the shadow explanation. Smart people like me know it’s PHOTOSHOP FAIL!

All the photos are photoshopped. No need to worry about them. :)

(Also, I can tell from the photo that Tom Brands’s right hand is squeezing Cass’s butt. And that’s just not appropriate! :))

If your around people who do it right and I am it's not that much of a stretch for Cass to look like that. It was mentioned above he was a big strong kid he just lost the fat. Muscle was always there. The right exercises and an extremely high amount of reps could do that easily. It comes down to speed that's what I want to see.

Reactions: js8793
I'm seeing a lot of people online (not just here) who don't understand what happened here. Cassioppi hasn't added a significant amount of muscle. That muscle was already there. He was a big dude. You just notice it now because he's lost a lot of fat and has definition now. This really isn't that drastic. You see it all the time when NFL lineman retire. It takes a tremendous amount of food to maintain that kind of size while training.

What realistically happened here: he made a decision 6 months ago that he wanted to slim down and get more athletic to match up better with Gable, Parris, etc... He made moderate, sustainable changes to his diet. He continued to train like an elite wrestler. The fat melted off. Now he looks jacked.

Hell, I dropped 30 lbs in 6 months after I graduated college, and I wasn't even doing cardio. I just changed my diet and lifted weights. All it takes is consistency and discipline. You really can't fathom that an elite division 1 wrestler is capable of that?

Dear Hawk fans,

Appreciate @El-Jefe, but he hasn't stopped anything. You still have a minority of posters on here insinuating PED use, just like HR has a minority of posters who have done the same over there. It's a message board. That's the nature of things. Just stop it with the self-righteousness. Plenty of a-holes who cheer for PSU and Iowa.

I know the facts! Do you see how Cass’s face is darker than his body? Gullible people would buy the shadow explanation. Smart people like me know it’s PHOTOSHOP FAIL!

All the photos are photoshopped. No need to worry about them. :)

(Also, I can tell from the photo that Tom Brands’s right hand is squeezing Cass’s butt. And that’s just not appropriate! :))
I thought for sure what you knew was the darker face was because he has working out with the Bucknuts in the tanning bed.

• Haha
Reactions: Dogwelder
A transformation like that was definitely diet driven in addition to lifting. You know the saying "Abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym" He definitely was eating very healthy and melted away a ton of the fat. My guess is Tony was a lot more lax with his diet before and just ate whatever since he didn't need to cut weight but changed it up this summer. Good for him!

Yeah this thread is just like the Zain,Cassar,DT PED accusations on HR where a couple guys hinted at something and someone spoke up to point out how stupid it is. It’s just harder for a guy to speak up over there when the very few guys have such hard evidence like a guy went to CA,his face got red while wrestling or the dead giveaway roid pimple on his back. I hope the mods tell JTS to cool it with the self-righteousness.

Reactions: Hoosier Lion
We don't need a BWI vs HR debate. I think it's pretty understood BWI is way better. Ask @smalls103 He's a neutral party (despite what people joke about Willie being pro Penn State, Willie has said he LOVES Iowa fans that he comes across in real life and he loves the Iowa coaching staff)

Iowa fans on twitter often even disavow Hawkeye Report as representatives of them as a fanbase. It sucks because there are legitimately great posters on HR but their bad ones are loud.

I don't know what Cass did, but I know from personal experience that a combination of diet, lifting and lots of intense road biking will make a BIG difference in a fairly short period of time. It helps to live in an area like Southern California where the climate and roads are conducive to the biking part, but I'm sure those long flat roads through the cornfields in Iowa will work well if the weather cooperates. I say good for Cass. Another wrestler sets a good example of what's possible if you want stick with it.

Dude is completely committed to being the best. Kudos to Cass. He knows where the improvements need to be made to beat Steveson and Paris. He needs to get stronger. We’ll see about Kerk but Cass is #3.

I think Gable has entered untouchable territory. We are seeing an explosion of really good athletic heavies and as good as Paris, Cass and Kerk are I just don't think Gable is going to be challenged at all this year.

let me clarify - i can easily see how that transformation might elicit those comments - i just mean, lets (us wrestling fans) be better than that and not jump to conclusions or judge prematurely.

Agreed. We have zero evidence that he did anything other than work hard.

Appreciate @El-Jefe, but he hasn't stopped anything. You still have a minority of posters on here insinuating PED use, just like HR has a minority of posters who have done the same over there. It's a message board. That's the nature of things. Just stop it with the self-righteousness. Plenty of a-holes who cheer for PSU and Iowa.
Nope. You do not get to play the lame false equivalency argument. It occurs on both boards, yes, but the massive extent that it occurs on HR, unchecked, makes it a ludicrous comparison. The frequency of occurrences is not even in the same universe.

Nope. You do not get to play the lame false equivalency argument. It occurs on both boards, yes, but the massive extent that it occurs on HR, unchecked, makes it a ludicrous comparison. The frequency of occurrences in s not even in the same universe.
I'm done with this thread except to say there's a reason I posted what I posted. What js and dan are calling me "being self righteous" is actually me a "marking" a post (El Jefes) that will be easy for me to find in the future when EVERYONE on HR tells me I'm full of shit when I say we police our own and that the mods won't allow ongoing posts here of people disparaging opposing teams programs a/o wrestlers without having some sort of proof to back up what they are saying... Especially something like steroid use. I've witnessed first hand our mods banning people for just that.

Btw, steroid accusations ain't even close to what I had in mind when I replied anyway. To be honest, I was thinking about how they all remained absolutely silent when a few over there called out John Brooks... said he was shopping his sons talents to the highest bidder and that Mr. Brooks named his price to Brands on what it would take Aaron to wrestle there. They go from accusing teams of cheating to then calling out athletes and their parents for taking bribes and payoffs. And I'll say it again, they ALL remain silent as if that's ok. There's no comparison between the two boards. There just isnt..

I'm done with this thread except to say there's a reason I posted what I posted. What js and dan are calling me "being self righteous" is actually me a "marking" a post (El Jefes) that will be easy for me to find in the future when EVERYONE on HR tells me I'm full of shit when I say we police our own and that the mods won't allow ongoing posts here of people disparaging opposing teams programs a/o wrestlers without having some sort of proof to back up what they are saying... Especially something like steroid use. I've witnessed first hand our mods banning people for just that.

Btw, steroid accusations ain't even close to what I had in mind when I replied anyway. To be honest, I was thinking about how they all remained absolutely silent when a few over there called out John Brooks... said he was shopping his sons talents to the highest bidder and that Mr. Brooks named his price to Brands on what it would take Aaron to wrestle there. They go from accusing teams of cheating to then calling out athletes and their parents for taking bribes and payoffs. And I'll say it again, they ALL remain silent as if that's ok. There's no comparison between the two boards. There just isnt..
Sorry JTS, thought you’d catch the sarcasm. Guy was calling you self-righteous and comparing a couple comments here to HR accusations

Last edited:
Sorry JTS, thought you’d catch the sarcasm in my comment about the self-righteousness.
Lol. I thought you were but wasnt completely sure. But to be honest, after reading reading my post again it 100 percent came across as being self rightous and maybe deserved a bit of ribbing for it.

ADVERTISEMENT