ADVERTISEMENT

Would you rather have Michigan or Ohio State....

Pros/Cons to Northwestern winning the Big Ten

Pros:
Ohio State nor Michigan get a title
Harbaugh still won't have a title
Possible Playoff Expansion if Delaney can get the Big XII/Pac XII to unite with him

Cons:
Eliminates us from a NY6 bowl
Doesn't help the Big Ten reputation if we go 12-1 next year

The best thing for Penn State is probably for Michigan to win out, play Clemson and give them a game. But I understand hating Michigan/Ohio State trumps that for a lot of people. Honestly, there's no real "pro" for Penn State if Northwestern wins. Maybe we could spin it to believe it would help our recruiting or at least maybe would hurt Ohio State or Michigan but that may be a reach.

PLAN A - Like to have tOSU slaughter UMich but still get left out by the Committee.
THIS^^^^ OSU slaughters Michigan and then falls apart v. NW in the B1G. Down year for the B1G. This season was a disappointment. Would be nice if the biggest program rivals capitalize little this time around.

Go Wildcats!

I can't stand either football program, but I'm gonna go with UM, because I look forward to seeing a whole lot of the Surrender Cobra when they play Alabama in the semis. No one does the Surrender Cobra like UM fans.

I want Michigan to go without winning a Big 10 title for as long as possible. Therefore, rooting for Ohio State to lose to Northwestern in the Big 10 CG and also hope no Big 10 team ever makes the college football playoff except us.

PLAN A - Like to have tOSU slaughter UMich but still get left out by the Committee.

That would be sooooo nice!

I doubt the Bucks will slaughter Michigan. But they might manage a close win, followed by a pretty much automatic victory over 4-loss (or more) Northwestern, which I don't think would be enough to jump a 1-loss Big-12 team into the playoffs -- or even a 1-loss Washington State if they win out.

Ohio State, conference champ, on the outside looking in. Michigan's dreams of playoff glory blown sky high in Columbus. Penn State winning out and finishing in the Top-10.

That scenario would go a long way toward making this year feel very successful indeed!

Would rather see OSU win...I enjoy Michigan never winning the conference. Their fans are still arrogant, but imagine if they actually won something.

I'm hoping that Georgia beats Alabama, allowing 2 SEC teams into CFP. Then UM gets left out, and ND gets hammered by Alabama.
If a BIG team doesn't get in ,we drop to a lower bowl. I don't care which one gets it.

If a BIG team doesn't get in ,we drop to a lower bowl. I don't care which one gets it.

That's not entirely true. Northwestern getting in drops us to a lower bowl. Ohio State and Michigan barring a shocking loss this weekend both will be in NY6 games. It doesn't matter if it is the playoff or one of the other 4.

Full agreement. I'll add, I hope Condi Rice is still on the committee. Not b/c she now or ever deserved to be, but so she can repeat her line about it being an easy choice to snub, in this case, the BuckNuts

make the playoff....or have no team from the B1G make it this year?

What "Playoff"???? It's nothing but a frickin southern beauty contest. If I hear the words "eye test" one more time, I think my head will explode. Just crown Alabama the Champion and be done with it. I didn't even waste my time with that farce last year.

They have TOTALLY fuc*ed this thing up.

What "Playoff"???? It's nothing but a frickin southern beauty contest. If I hear the words "eye test" one more time, I think my head will explode. Just crown Alabama the Champion and be done with it. I didn't even waste my time with that farce last year.

They have TOTALLY fuc*ed this thing up.
And Reece Davis was on the radio shouting that NW and Pitt are great examples of why there shouldn’t be automatic bids....what if they win their conference? Well Reece, that’s called sports. You have to win games that you’re supposed to win to play for a championship and if you lose, especially to a poor team, you don’t get to go. Only college football wants to determine who wins the championship based on how they look.

Reactions: BUFFALO LION
And Reece Davis was on the radio shouting that NW and Pitt are great examples of why there shouldn’t be automatic bids....what if they win their conference? Well Reece, that’s called sports. You have to win games that you’re supposed to win to play for a championship and if you lose, especially to a poor team, you don’t get to go. Only college football wants to determine who wins the championship based on how they look.
I think my favorite scenario would be if Ohio St beats Mich then either loses to NW or squeaks by NW but still gets left out of the playoff.

I think my favorite scenario would be if Ohio St beats Mich then either loses to NW or squeaks by NW but still gets left out of the playoff.

This is the worst scenario for Penn State as it takes us out of a NY6 most likely but it would be entertaining anyway

How about UMich loses to IU this week.... and OSU to UMd….

Then the winner of UMich / OSU loses to NW...…

Knocking BOTH 3-loss OSU and 3-loss UMich not only out of the Final Four - - - - but out of the NY6 entirely...…
While NW goes to the Rose, and PSU goes to the Peach/Fiesta

Now THAT would be nice :)

I like it, but probably about as likely as a meeting with aliens from the cigar-shaped probe.

How about UMich loses to IU this week.... and OSU to UMd….

Then the winner of UMich / OSU loses to NW...…

Knocking BOTH 3-loss OSU and 3-loss UMich not only out of the Final Four - - - - but out of the NY6 entirely...…
While NW goes to the Rose, and PSU goes to the Peach/Fiesta

Now THAT would be nice :)

That's an amazing fantasy lol I'm on board

ADVERTISEMENT