ADVERTISEMENT

Would you rather have Michigan or Ohio State....

Osu. At least they are there every year and not Michigan who thinks they are as good if not better than anyone else. Now would I like to see bama beat them by 40? Sure but I would rather not have them win the big. If osu wins who wins the east division.

Reactions: osu68
I would prefer neither. Last time a B1G team was allowed to play Ohio St quit and ruined the opportunity for a couple of years. I think the same would happen this year. If Purdue made them give up, what would Bama do? Mich at least would put up a fight and lose probably by only 2 to 3 scores.

To be honest I don't care. There is Bama and the field this year...maybe Clemson can stay with them just due to their DL alone. Neither UM or tOSU will stay withing 2 TD's of Bama. While UM has a good DL, that offense is still mehhh at best.

Reactions: N&B4PSU and BBrown
The ideal situation is OSU beats UM, creating a new match up in the B10 title game, instead of a UM/NW rematch. NW wins the B10 title, and goes to the Rose Bowl. B10 is down this year, and doesn't deserve a playoff spot.

I'd rather have Ohio State, this year it might look better Michigan though. Cant stand that weirdo, Harbaugh.

I'm hoping that Georgia beats Alabama, allowing 2 SEC teams into CFP. Then UM gets left out, and ND gets hammered by Alabama.

Reactions: fastlax16
Michigan. Even though my hatred for UM is greater than that for OSU, I want Meatchicken to make the CFP as the #4 team so they can get POUNDED by Bama. Also, putting a B1G team in the CFP theoretically moves PSU "up the B1G food chain" one notch.

Rooting against Michigan. Keep that streak alive of not beating OSU or winning a conference title. I'm ok with Ohio State being left out of the playoff though. The more times our champion gets left out, the greater the pressure there will be to expand the playoff.

Bama's certainly played well and the LSU win was impressive but Georgia has the talent to beat them. SEC championship may be the national championship again. Can't really judge Clemson because the ACC is so horrid. They've had a cakewalk to the playoff.. another reason it needs expanded. Notre Dame is going to get rolled if they get in. It will be funny. I'm rooting for Washington State to get in just to hear Mike Leach talk.

Reactions: NJPSU and N&B4PSU
I would love to see Northwestern throw a wrench into the works and win the Bigten. Why not? When was the last time a team that lost all of its non conference games win the Bigten?

Reactions: MrDibbs
I would love to see Northwestern throw a wrench into the works and win the Bigten. Why not? When was the last time a team that lost all of its non conference games win the Bigten?

Depends if you care about where Penn State plays it’s bowl game. NW in the Rose guarantees PSU doesn’t make the ny6.

Reactions: katchthis
I'm rooting for a Texas - Ohio State bowl matchup with Jerry Springer doing play by play and Zach Smith color.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrDibbs
I’ve been thinking about this ever since we lost to MSU. Have gone different ways. At this point Michigan is the team with the best resume, and I think this would take away from the negative perception from when Michigan kicked our ears in.

OSU, just because they are legitimately viewed as best and most competitive team in BT, even on years when exposed in CFP. I just want to puke at new UM hats that come out in years like this. It would help recruiting if Jimmy loses and you can point to choke yet again. That just feels more satisfying for some reason.

So do I, but if NW makes the playoffs our chances of making a NY6 bowl take a huge hit.

NW might win the B10, but there is ZERO chance they make the playoff with 4 home losses. Two of those losses were to Akron and Duke.

Northwestern winning big ten would be just awesome. Man that would be great.

Were that to happen and the B1G get left out, I would trade a dozen free tickets to our bowl game for just a few minutes of time as a bug in Delany's office.

make the playoff....or have no team from the B1G make it this year?
Michigan, and it is not even close. I have had some great times tailgaiting on the golf course with UM fans at the Big House. They really know how to treat opposing fans right. I was even at Ricky's (a very popular bar/club with the students) and they allowed me to cut this huge line and waived my cover because I had my PSU jersey on and was a visiting fan.

I have also been to the Shoe 4 times, and let's just say I have NEVER experienced anything close to that for hospitality. Out of the 4 trips, only on 1 trip did I not have OSU fans hurling expletives at me and trying to fight.

Michigan, and it is not even close. I have had some great times tailgaiting on the golf course with UM fans at the Big House. They really know how to treat opposing fans right. I was even at Ricky's (a very popular bar/club with the students) and they allowed me to cut this huge line and waived my cover because I had my PSU jersey on and was a visiting fan.

I have also been to the Shoe 4 times, and let's just say I have NEVER experienced anything close to that for hospitality. Out of the 4 trips, only on 1 trip did I not have OSU fans hurling expletives at me and trying to fight.

ABSOLUTELY no question about being treated better in Ann Arbor vs Columbus.

To put it in “Fair” perspective, it’s like Diane Lane vs Moms Mabley.

Had much better experience at osu than Michigan. Man are they rude at Michigan. Especially if you lose oh my word. The cop on the corner of the stadium on the loud speaker berates fans of other teams when they lose. I was shocked. Played golf on golf course at Michigan it was nice and tailgated on the golf course. Was there for win in 1994 and 1996 and a loss in 2007.

I want NW to win the BT Championship. And if that happens no B10 team gets in. And I want that to happen as well as I want the playoffs expanded to at least 6 teams and only way that happens is if the power confs get gypped out of it. Actually rooting for 2 SEC, ND and ACC so Pac, B12, and B10 all shutout.

If the Big Ten gets shut out a couple years in a row, Delaney will fix that by forcing a playoff expansion. You think he wants to sit back and watch the SEC get 2 teams in and his conference 0? Root for that if you want to see expanded playoffs.

I would love it if neither made it, but if one does my vote is for tOSU and here is why. Recruiting...tOSU is already their and a known quantity and over the last few years PSU is the only team that has really challenged tOSU on an annual basis. Michigan is an also ran who has not won the BIG in forever...I would like to keep it that way as I think that may help PSU on the recruiting trail. Plus Bama will destroy either one in the playoffs and it won't be pretty.

I suspect Urban may retire or step down after this year anyway and that would be another uptick for CJF and PSU on the recruiting trail.

Reactions: pandaczar12
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT