ADVERTISEMENT

Would someone please splain to me the Quaker Valley win over Aliquippa

CattyGuy51

Nov 8, 2001
with a score of 2-0. Is that a misprint or was that the real score? I thought maybe a forfeit but I don't know what the score would be in that case.

Nope. The score is right. QV got a safety. And that was the extent of the scoring. 2 good teams plus bad weather probably lead to the defensive struggle. I caught a few minutes but not much more. I believe Aliquippa had a few red zone turnovers.

Aliquippa had 190 yards in penalties for a -5 yards in total offense. QV didn't do much better.

Quips had 20 penalties, for the aforementioned 190 yards.
QV did not complete a single pass.

I was once on the receiving end of a 0-2 loss in high school. Ou long snapper got hurt and the back up snapped the ball over the head of the punter and it bounced all the way through and out of the end zone.

with a score of 2-0. Is that a misprint or was that the real score? I thought maybe a forfeit but I don't know what the score would be in that case.
When Joe Gerencser was at Whitehall and Bob Stem was at P-burg, they played two 2-0 games, and two 3-0 games. They split 'em. They were great games to attend simply because one mistake, you lose.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT