ADVERTISEMENT

Worst Concert/Show/Movie/Play you ever saw...

"Springtime for Hitler". Awful. Gotta admit, the 2nd half was kind of funny.
Watched that during the COVID lockdown. Even stranger is this foreign film about Hitler coming back to life in modern Germany............

I was there too. You are correct. I was stationed overseas when they returned in 81 My buddies said Mick apologized for 78.

Peter Tosh was 3rd act

I enjoyed Peter Tosh. Unfortunately he and all the openers got booed off the stage.

Bit of meaningless trivia: 5 of us went that day which was the birthday of 3 of us.

Reactions: Obliviax
I didn’t know whether to laugh or cringe during the Ape mating scene- gawd that was awful lol

couple months ago I wasted $2 to rent the last Rambo movie. I thought, well, I’ve seen all the others, let’s see how this ends. Uggh.
Interesting you say that....one of the channels has been playing Rambo and the first movie holds up. But you can see the progression: Rambo is tough and cool. Rambo is tough and cool with an exotic Vietnamese chick. Rambo is tough and cool with a kid. Grisham follows the same path with The Firm, The Pelican Brief and The Client.

because we need some content on this board....

Worst (most disappointing) concert - Van Halen Spectrum 1981. They were just out of it, and the audio was bad. I was 16 and it was a waste. Really disappointed. I know they have done a lot of great shows but that one was just bad.

Worst Movie - The Birdcage. I know it's a remake of La Cage Aux Folles, and had Robin Williams, Nathan Lane, Gene Hackman. But it was just boring. May be the only movie I ever walked out on.
I tend to agree with you on Van Halen. I was a big VH fan in the day, but they never seemed to care what they sounded like live. Probably didn’t even practice.

Tool in Raleigh for their Lateralus tour, 2002 I think. They came out dressed in black, with their faces painted black, and not a light on the stage. Played the entire show that way with out saying a word. They sounded so damn album perfect that to this day I'm not sure it was actually Tool on the stage. I think it may have just been some random dudes on stage with the album recordings playing on the PA.

Reactions: Sproul
A tie: Tony Bennett and Johnny Mathis. We were expecting so much and were let down by the off nights by both. they performed like they just didn't want to be there.

My wife and I went to the movie Eat, Love, Pray back in the day. Ugh. Hey, I do enjoy a good chick flick, but this was pure agony.

Concert, the Who. I was sitting in Three Rivers Stadium and thought why am I at this stadium. The guy next to me was frekaing out that we were watching the Who and I was wishing I was at home listening to the albums. Stadium Concerts are the worst thing ever.

Concert, "Fleetwood Mac" at the Syria Mosque. It was before Buckingham and Nicks joined and I had seen them a couple of times before and really liked them. So the show starts and I realize that the person I thought was Christine McVie was a dude with hair like hers! Turns out they were involved in litigation with their manager who claimed he owned the rights to the name "Fleetwood Mac". The manager put some goofs on tour as the real thing. We had no idea! Left after two or three horrible songs.

I recently made the mistake of watching something called An Evening With Beverly Luff Linn on Netflix (I think).

Dave Matthews Band. I guess it was 2008 or so. Just awful.

Even the DMB groupies at the show said it was a bad show.

My wife and I saw Elvis at the Meyerhof Symphony Hall in Baltimore (a small venue) and he was great. It was all acoustical.
That would have been great. The Hershey Theater may hold 3 thousand. He had acoustical gaiters on stage never touched them.

Reactions: Nittany Ned2
I would say I’ve got you all beat for worst concert... but it was Milli f-ing Vanilli that I saw, so that doesn’t even count as a “concert.” Worst fake lip synch fest then, I guess.

And please don’t even ask what I was doing seeing MV. It’s a painful memory involving a woman, lol

Reactions: Obliviax and ewb75
I would say I’ve got you all beat for worst concert... but it was Milli f-ing Vanilli that I saw, so that doesn’t even count as a “concert.” Worst fake lip synch fest then, I guess.

And please don’t even ask what I was doing seeing MV. It’s a painful memory involving a woman, lol

You win. Lock the thread.

You win. Lock the thread.
Yes, that beats 6-4.

Last edited:
Can't remember exactly, but I went to at least 7 concerts at the BJC and they all sucked. The acoustics were horrible. The worst being Alabama. Puke.

Worst (most disappointing) concert - Van Halen Spectrum 1981. They were just out of it, and the audio was bad. I was 16 and it was a waste. Really disappointed. I know they have done a lot of great shows but that one was just bad.

Worst Movie - The Birdcage. I know it's a remake of La Cage Aux Folles, and had Robin Williams, Nathan Lane, Gene Hackman. But it was just boring. May be the only movie I ever walked out on.

I've seen a lot of concerts with performers from the 60s and most have been great.
  1. Richeous Brothers. Sadly Bill Medley has lost it.
  2. Chuck Negron from 3 Dog Night. We saw him about a decade ago and he was great. We saw him again last year and he was horrible. Negron kept turing his back to the audience and it appeared he was snorting something on stage. It sounded like he was singing a death metal version of his songs. It was horrible. FWIW we saw Dennis Tufano of the Buckinghams at the same concert. He was great.

Haven’t seen any awful concerts but haven’t been to many.

Rocketman and extraction are both absolutely terrible movies.

Well, "The Grudge" was pretty bad, imho.

reminds me of the time I went to see Phyliss Diller and got to go back stage, afterwards, with a friend. He was carrying an album of her comedy. When he was introduced to her, he said "Mrs. Diller, can you autograph a copy of your album that I bought?" She stopped and looked at him and said "So you're the one!? I've been looking for you."

Counting Crows, BJC, circa late 90's / early 00's. Half-full, maybe less...band seemed to be pissed off about poor attendance and took it out on those of us who were dumb enough to buy tickets.

Years ago, I had a friend from a local poker group who got a gig as a tour manager for major concert tours. He called us all to get a game going back stage during one of his shows at the old Star Lake Amphitheater. We parked where the tour buses parked, entered in the back, and played cards for 90 minutes. This was late 90’s....Brittany Spears before she went off the deep end. Never saw a moment of the show, but I’m pretty sure it sucked. Oh, and backstage, she was just as HOT in person, as she appeared in her videos.

Saw Willie Nelson, John Mellencamp and Bob Dylan at a baseball venue in Texas outside. It was well over 100 degrees, I thought Will Nelson may die of heat stroke but he was excellent and Mellencamp was good. Dylan came on last and within 20 minutes into his set half the audience walked out. You couldn’t understand anything he sang and he had changed the arrangement of all his songs. Worst performance I had ever witnessed!

K C and the Sunshine Band. I walked out on them in Las Vegas at the House of Blues. I’m pretty tolerant but they were awful.

George Clinton at Rec Hall. Horrible. 0/10.

Runner up, Bob Dylan at BJC, which was supposed to be at Medlar Field. Stevie Ray Vaughan’s brother Jimmie opened and was fantastic. Bob was so bad that some of the songs were unrecognizable.

Worst concert(s)
1. Dylan in ~2012 maybe at Meadowbrook in Rochester MI - way past his prime. Wish I has seen him in his prime.

2. Bare Naked Ladies at Pine Knob Clarkston MI 2-3 years ago. Again, way past their prime - they were a fun show maybe 20 years ago, now they are just old

RE: MC Hammer - I saw Hammer time in Worcester MA in 88 or 89 and thought it was ok, but a huge fight broke out on the main floor with people throwing chairs - that scared the crap out of me

Concert: Chicago a few years ago on tour with Earth Wind & Fire. The band was great, but the lead singer was awful. He sounded like Joe pesci with a sore throat. At the end when EW&F singer sang their songs it was great.

Comedian: grandma Lee from NBC's comedian competition. She had the shakes and wasn't funny at all. I'm going to take heat from this, but George Carlin at Zembo in Harrisburg maybe 2 years before he died. He seemed to forget he was supposed to be funny. It was just an hour long rant.

Theater: Cats. Just a WTF was that experience.
Yeah...I loved George Carlin in his earlier years. As he aged, he seemed to get nasty and a bit preachy...still had some funny stuff, but overall, he was much better in his youth.

Bon Jovi around 2005. The band refused to cancel the show during a major snow emergency and it was very difficult to get the venue. Technically we were not supposed to be out on the roads, but I paid $320 for 4 tickets so I could take the family ( they wanted to go not me). We almost did not make it home after the show because the roads were nearly impassable and we left early. But that wasn’t the worst part. The constant squealing of Richie Sambora’s guitar (pinch harmonics) just made the music unlistenable. JB used the concert to constantly lecture the audience on politics and how his view was the right one for minutes On end between every song. He proved that his first name should be Dick, because that is what the guy truly is. He prolonged the concert at least an hour in a major snow emergency spewing his worthless drivel.

Carlos Santana. Saw him in Vegas a couple of years ago. He started off by insulting a good part of the audience in a political rant. About half the audience left immediately. He then went on to play just horribly. He was off the beat a good part of the time and out of tune. He was so out of tune with the rest of the band that it made the music dissonant. Finally his guitar tech who had been frantically motioning to him about being out of tune, just walked on stage and literally grabbed Santana’s guitar out of his hands and handed him an in tune one. Probably was fired after the show, however Santana’s performance was a flat out unprofessional and unforgivable. He needs to be put out to pasture. He obviously is too old and deaf to play performances anymore. I am not knocking his age as Les Paul played unbelievably well into his 90’s, but Santana has lost it.

Did someone really say Pulp Fiction was worse movie they ever seen.
If that's the worst I can't even imagine what this person thinks is good, probably the Twilight Saga.

Please tell me you didn't have high expectations going into it
I’m sure I had zero expectation. It failed to meet that low standard. I honestly remember NOTHING about the movie other than I’m scarred for life having watched it

Since I haven't ever attended a concert, I can's chime in.
However, there are so many movies I have disliked. First, I agree with most of your movie dislikes. My worst movie is "Streetcar Named Desire" followed by anything else by Tennessee Williams. Also "Sunday, Bloody Sunday." Other than "Mash" I've hated everything by Robert Altman

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT