ADVERTISEMENT

World Clubs Cup tonight -- Taylor and Gomez on Titan Mercury

Eastern times:

1:30 am vs Canada (mat c)
2:45 am vs India (mat c)
6:30 am vs Bulgaria (mat a)
9:45 am 2 semis and 1 consi semi
11:00 am 1 consi final.
It's unclear when finals begin, but I'd guess sometime after noon.

If of our slush fund is so flush, why are folks moonlighting with other clubs? Is the Titan room more f@# than ours? Why didn't the coach block the move by refusing to write a letter of recommendation? Why are peas green?

If of our slush fund is so flush, why are folks moonlighting with other clubs? Is the Titan room more f@# than ours? Why didn't the coach block the move by refusing to write a letter of recommendation? Why are peas green?
Titan Mercury is laundering our slush fund.

Sorry, not much here...just big picture. Follow Titan Mercury on Twitter for lots of detail.

Gomez had one of the Ls, but I don't know who it was against.

We complain about Flo, but at least they don't have to contend with Iranian WiFi. I tried to watch tmwc's live Instagram feed for DT's last match, and couldn't take the constant buffering.

Yep, tomorrow 10 am local time.

For most of us, I believe that's 1:30 am eastern.

More news, including result listings at link inside tweet.

Reactions: CowboyUp61
So Finals happening as we speak. Titan Mercury vs Easy Pipe (Iran). Gilman loses a close one, Waters lost, Futrell lost.

Iranian stream here works well, but you'd need to follow Titan Mercury on Twitter to know what the score is.

Last edited:
Franklin Gomez up now.
Loses, I think on criteria. Looked to have a 4 in first period but was only given 2.

Last edited:
Nazar up now with US down 4-0.
Nazar was down 5-2, wins late on edge of mat.

Dake up now.

Last edited:
Hey look at that, rooting for Dake here.

TD. Then a gorgeous ankle pick into a few laces. Then a gut for four. Tech.

DT up.

Reactions: diggerpup
DT up 1-0 at break over Karimi. Passivity point.
DT wins 3-1. DT converted a low leg attack, and Karimi was awarded Pushout point, which could be a difference at end w/ criteria.

Nick Heflin up.

Last edited:
Heflin losing late in third, but close. Think he's down 2 or 3.
Heflin goes down.

Easy Pipe up 5-3 with Snyder and Gwiz to go. Both would have to bonus I think to win on criteria.

Snyder techs. Gwiz can win it, just like last year but faces Georgia's Petrishvili, a world champ.

Gwiz comes up short but shows some spirit and gas tank late, loses 6-5. In some ways that loss was more impressive than last year's win for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: diggerpup
Tough loss by Gwiz. He was up in 3rd 3-2 and Petrishivili got a TD and turn to go up 6-3. Gwiz got a TD to make it close but lost 6-5. Gwiz was giving up a lot of weight to a world champ--an impressive showing even in a loss!

Reactions: Dogwelder
I hate to admit it, but I'm quickly becoming a fan of that D*ke fellow. Gwiz really gutted it out, gotta be a confidence builder for him, even in defeat.

Reactions: Dogwelder
I hate to admit it, but I'm quickly becoming a fan of that D*ke fellow. Gwiz really gutted it out, gotta be a confidence builder for him, even in defeat.
I don't know the quality of his Iranian opponent, but Dake was quite aggressive. He should represent the US well in the future. Nice to see a place for both he and DT! These extra weights are nice for getting more of our top level wrestlers in the line-up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT