ADVERTISEMENT

World Championships - Oct. 20-28

Dhesi vs China's Deng on Mat B.
Dhesi and Zeng furiously trade passivity points, with Deng leading 1-1 on criteria with a minute left.
Dhesi goes for a leg, misses, steps out, Deng 2-1.
0:23 left.
Dhesi stuffed on a shot, can't get anything going, slips, Deng gets an easy two and that's it. 4-1.

Last edited:
Reactions: CropDuster507
Gwiz up on Mat A, vs Zolboo Natsagsuren of Mongolia. He's beaten him before for bronze at this tournament last year.
Gwiz looking relatively svelte. Natsagsuren gets to his leg but Gwiz stuffs it, pops out and goes behind for two. 2-0 Gwiz. Wait, what? Natsagsuren given two, and Gwiz gets one for reversal. Gwiz down 1-2.
Gwiz converts a nice single to go up 3-2.
Break.
Gwiz needs an additional toweling off.
Gwiz catches Natsagsuren on both ankles and gets an easy 2. Looks lace but that's not happening.
Gwiz goes behind for another easy 2, now up 7-2.
Gwiz looks shot, bails, then gets pushed out. White paddled, no points.
Natsagsuren shoots, whiffs badly, Gwiz jumps behind, 9-2.
Gwiz has an ankle but can't convert. Stalemate.
Natsagsuren with two, Gwiz up 9-4, and that's how it'll end.

US perfect all morning.

Last edited:
Alright, I bit the bullet and downloaded Proton VPN (won't solve the issue when I'm at work next week, though), created a free account (got access to a their "Plus" package for a week, though), and am watching through Switzerland. It works marginally better.
Great advice! Took just a few minutes to set up, and now I have all 4 mats streaming through France. Thanks!

Last edited:
JB on Mat D, trails on criteria 3-3.
JB goes up 1 on a pushout and he'll move on to the quarters too, 4-3 over Iran's Hosseinkhani.
Key moment was when Hosseinkhani had a lace and was cranking it. JB would've lost if he went over but refused to go. Looked painful.

I guess it shouldn't be a surprise JB won, but he didn't seem to care until the final 30 seconds. Gave me a bit of a scare.

If you didn’t already know, DT is 2-0 against this Cuban this year, but they were his two closest bouts of the year (4-4 Criterea at Yarigin, and another close one in Pan Am finals).

If you didn’t already know, DT is 2-0 against this Cuban this year, but they were his two closest bouts of the year (4-4 Criterea at Yarigin, and another close one in Pan Am finals).

Great reminder - Has me nervous .... but ... hopefully that’s Cuba’s version of “closing the gap”.

Reactions: lionlover
Just woke up and this is first place I checked

Awesome job DT!!! Let’s GO BABY!!!

Let’s Go USA!!

Thanks for all those updating for those who don’t have track!

Reactions: diggerpup
Here we go, DT and Torreblanca on D.
DT shoots, misses, switches legs, and pushes out. 1-0
And now a Bausch & Lomb moment.
DT gets to a leg, chases and converts, 3-0.
DT keeping some distance, Torreblanca not doing much.
DT hips over from a seat belt tieup and it's 5-0 at break.
Torreblanca looking to tie up, DT not so much. DT warned for passivity.
Torreblanca gets deep on a leg but DT turns that into 2 of his own. 7-0
Now a pushout, 8-0.
And that's how it'll end. DT onto semis.

Smart match by DT, risked little, gave Torreblanca nothing, converted nearly every time he tried.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT