ADVERTISEMENT

World Championships - Oct. 20-28

Regarding Gilman, has any American without an NCAA title ever won gold at Worlds or the Olympics?

Cejudo obviously is an anomaly and Slay didn’t actually win it on the mat, Jackson won it on the mat 25 years ago. Not saying Gilman won’t, I’m pulling for him, but history definitely isn’t on his side.

Up here. The crowd--crowd is actually a bad word for it--looks like they're ready for a CYO girls basketball preseason scrimmage. Where are the people?

Reactions: CropDuster507
Well, apparently Heino from Campbell (FIN) beat Dom Abounader from Mich (Lebanon), already.

Here we go. Yazdani DT.
DT in blue. Already a warning. Pushout Yaz off a scramble. Now a throw by by Yaz, 3-0.
Yaz pushing DT around. DT gets some leverage and exposes. 3-2. Now 5-2 Yaz, TD near the edge. Pushout Yaz, 6-2 just before the break. DT is a monster.

Beautiful DT TD off a scramble that could've gone either way, 6-4.
Another DT TD off a scramble, tied 6-6.
Same thing, DT, gets to an ankle and has more gas to convert. 8-6 DT.
Yaz looks gassed. 9-6 now off a pushout.
Yaz in, DT over his back, grabs an ankle and converts. 11-6. He broke him. DT moves on. Hell yeah.

Last edited:
OK, THE WRESTLING GODS ARE CURRENTLY COMPLYING.

The Magic Man is up.

Rd 1: Yaz takedown attempt. scramble. push out to Yaz.
underhook. underhook. TD Yaz. 3-0.
go behind for Yaz. 5-0?
Frozen Screen as DT is going for a reversal?
Back and its 5-2.
Stream sucks.
Lots of hand fighting getting physical. DT fights off a take down at the end to only give up a push out. Down 6-2.

Reactions: 7brwnpsu
I should have just listened to diggerpup- between the early hole and track sucking I threw a little tantrum and woke up my old lady. She was good luck, however, as soon as she woke up so did DT! Never quit! USA
DO NOT LET HER GO BACK TO SLEEP. I REPEAT: I DO NOT LET HER GO BACK TO SLEEP! BIG IMPLICATIONS ON THE LINE. TELL HER THIS IS FOR HER COUNTRY.

Match in some ways was similar to last match, where it looked like Yaz was able to push DT around, then lost steam. But the pushing around didn't last as long this time. Even though it was 6-2 at break, you could see DT was looking better in the scrambles.

Then post-break Yaz kept getting in on DT's legs and DT had an answer every time. The scrambles weren't fluid, they'd happen in short bursts, but DT knew exactly where he was going and Yaz was probably wondering why he wasn't scoring before DT was behind him. Some of those scrambles looked like instant replays of the same thing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT