ADVERTISEMENT

woodstock lineup revealed

77 bands listed and I want to see a whopping 8
Think I’ll stick to Peach Fest and Lockn. Pretty poor lineup. Guess they need to appeal to many

Nah, not a big DB fan There are many other jambands I prefer. Trying to get out to Red Ricks to catch a show or two.
Saw Joe Russo’s Almost Dead Friday night. They are an intense and and worth seeing if you like Dead music.
Just kidding. Bisco is when the "zombies" invade near my work if you know what I'm saying.

The HORDE festival headlined by the Allman Brothers was one of the best I've ever been to back in the mid 90's.

Judah and the lion is the worst band to walk this earth. This is the worst lineup I have ever seen.

This is supposed to be “Woodstock”. The best of the best.

I grew up going to the Beale Street Music Festival. That is a good time. And this years lineup isn’t the best, but it’s 10X better than “Woodstock”.

https://www.memphisinmay.org/events/beale-street-music-festival/line-up/

Some good acts there. rodrigo y Gabriella are fantastic guitarists.

Nobody from the original Woodstock and not at the same location as the original Woodstock.

By and large this looks like a fun solid representative line up covering the past 50 years. Good for them and I hope everyone that goes has a safe and fun experience.

I have no interest in going but for those that do I think the promoter lined up some great variety.

Still have the nickel-priced NY Post I bought the Sunday leaving the original, front page, :"Traffic Uptight at Hippiefest". You page through and they write about the Tate-LaBianca murders about 7 pages back. Go back to page 13 and tell B-52's (not the group) laying heavy ordinance on the north. All this as we were closing out the turbulent 60's.

I'm kind of surprised The Who isn't playing. They are on tour this summer in the US. That is near the end of their 2 month break, though. They always sound good in the middle of a tour. One off shows, not so much.

Saturday is the best days lineup for sure. Portugal the Man, Gary Clark Jr., Leon Bridges, Dead & Co (with John Mayer) and Edward Sharpe are worth the price of admission alone.

Chance the Rapper also.. pretty cool he and his brother, Taylor Bennett are performing the same day.

Last edited:
Reactions: BBrown
So basically it'll be like listening to Spectrum on XM.

I mean I'd be fine with that, but not the star power I was expecting.

I'm kind of surprised The Who isn't playing. They are on tour this summer in the US. That is near the end of their 2 month break, though. They always sound good in the middle of a tour. One off shows, not so much.
Daltrey addressed that recently in an interview. Basically he said he can no longer sing outside in heat, humidity, dust, etc. etc.

Reactions: berklion
Looks like Day 2 is best but pretty much garbage lineup. Where is the rock and roll, particurlary jammy kind?Who could forget 10m I'm Going Home by 10 years After? Only bands I would pay to see:

*Dead and co with John Mayer (iconic music)
*The Black Keys (grew on me after the outstanding Chulahoma; old blues lovers might appreciate as songs by Junior Kimbrough
*David Crosby (iconic and still has his voice)
*Gary Clark Jr (a must for Hendrix lovers)
*Marcus King Band (power blues like Warren Haynes)
*Amy Helm (great on her own but holding down The Bands music)
*Jack White

Santana? Love him but sorry I saw him 4 years ago and he was stale and uninspiring.

Where is Buddy Guy (still great and legend) or Tedeschi Trucks? Phish can bring 50k themselves but I believe closing Bonnaroo already.

Last edited:

Okay, I'm just gonna say it. You all are apparently old and lame...to be clear, I'm old and lame too, but apparently not as old and lame as all of you. Woodstock was a counter culture event and (using Sirius XM as a guide) this lineup is mostly bands you'd hear on their Alt Nation channel with a mix of old school that might have performed at woodstock in years past. This line up is stacked from top to bottom. Your oldness and lameness is not an "indication of how far music has fallen."

Here is my quick list of performers worth seeing(and there are others that are solid, but aren't my taste)
CURRENT
The Killers
Lumineers
Raconteurs (Jack White from White Stripes)
Nathaniel Rateliff
The Head and the Heart
Bishop Briggs
Flora Cash
The Black Keys
Portugal.The Man
Leon Bridges
Gary Clark Jr
Edward Sharpe and the Magnificent Zeros
Dawes
Jay-Z
Imagine Dragons
Cage the Elephant
Brandi Carlisle
Young the Giant
Courtney Barnett
Judah and the Lion

LEGACY
Santana
Robert Plant
John Fogerty
David Crosby
The Zombies
Canned Heat

Okay, I'm just gonna say it. You all are apparently old and lame...to be clear, I'm old and lame too, but apparently not as old and lame as all of you. Woodstock was a counter culture event and (using Sirius XM as a guide) this lineup is mostly bands you'd hear on their Alt Nation channel with a mix of old school that might have performed at woodstock in years past. This line up is stacked from top to bottom. Your oldness and lameness is not an "indication of how far music has fallen."

Here is my quick list of performers worth seeing(and there are others that are solid, but aren't my taste)
CURRENT
The Killers
Lumineers
Raconteurs (Jack White from White Stripes)
Nathaniel Rateliff
The Head and the Heart
Bishop Briggs
Flora Cash
The Black Keys
Portugal.The Man
Leon Bridges
Gary Clark Jr
Edward Sharpe and the Magnificent Zeros
Dawes
Jay-Z
Imagine Dragons
Cage the Elephant
Brandi Carlisle
Young the Giant
Courtney Barnett
Judah and the Lion

LEGACY
Santana
Robert Plant
John Fogerty
David Crosby
The Zombies
Canned Heat
It sounds like they all want to hear interminable jams and noodling by nostalgia acts. The Grateful Dead in particular should have been strangled in adolescence so they couldn’t have produced any equally lame progeny

ADVERTISEMENT