ADVERTISEMENT

Woods to play Aronimink. So who's all going?

IIRC, Aronomink was Donald Ross’s last design. Also, I think Gary Player won the PGA there way back. I know that Scott Simpson won the US Amateur there in 197? (my Hogan Apex 5 iron was used by a kid from Minny in that Amateur - long story).

Reactions: PSU-PITT/NY
I used to caddie at Aronimink. Great track. Lots of character!

I also caddied at Aronimink. We're heading out Saturday. It's a great way to kill 10 hours before the game. I'm looking forward to seeing all the recent changes. They went from 102 bunkers to 176 in the past several years.

If #11 is rolling at 12 or 13 that will be a lot of fun. Hope the rains hold off.

What years did you caddy ?

Only 1998 at aronimink. I caddied at Saucon Valley before that, but lived in havertown while doing an internship with the PGA in Plymouth mtg in 98. If you knew any of the Sciotto brothers, I am friends with John, who got me in to loop on the weekends.

Reactions: Kmase21 and Relayer
Only 1998 at aronimink. I caddied at Saucon Valley before that, but lived in havertown while doing an internship with the PGA in Plymouth mtg in 98. If you knew any of the Sciotto brothers, I am friends with John, who got me in to loop on the weekends.

You and I must have crossed paths. I caddied in the late 90's when finishing school at West Chester. Got a loop in the US Junior Amateur in '97. Good field with Adam Scott, Lucas Glover, Hunter Mahan and Trevor Immelman to name a few. Somehow at the Philly Open in '98 I ended up with Gene Fieger's bag and he finished second.

Reactions: kevin310
Man am I old ... i caddied there from 83 to 87 during Sr year at conestoga hs and PSU ( summers and weekends) ...played it a year ago ... changes to the course are amazing they took down over 1000 trees maybe more... . Great times caddying at big A and great money for back then. May try to go Friday as I live close.

I was talking to a local club pro yesterday who was out there Tuesday and he said the course is playing soft and we should see low scoring. Looking at the early scores he appears to be correct. Tiger 5 under after 8, just eagled 16.

I live in the area and I'm volunteering it. I was there yesterday and will be back tomorrow. Going as a spectator Saturday & Sunday.

I used to caddy at Springhaven in Wallingford.

Last edited:
Reactions: lionbacker
I got kicked off Aronimink on the first tee for not having a caddy badge. Most private country clubs did not have the security on Mondays that Aronimink had back in the day...

I live in the area and I'm volunteering it. I was there yesterday and will be back tomorrow. Going as a spectator Saturday & Sunday.

I used to caddy at Springhaven in Wallingford.
Member at Springhaven since 1996; went to a house membership this year as I was not playing much golf and also b/c I am a member at the Union League of Philadelphia which recently has acquired several golf courses. I grew up in Wallingford.

Reactions: Nitwit and Kmase21
Member at Springhaven since 1996; went to a house membership this year as I was not playing much golf and also b/c I am a member at the Union League of Philadelphia which recently has acquired several golf courses. I grew up in Wallingford.

Awesome. There's a good chance we've crossed paths then. I also worked at the bagdrop for Jim Newlon while I was in high school at O'Hara (2002-2006).

Played the course the first week in june. the last monday before they shut it down to prepare for the bmw. conditions were phenomenal with all the rain. Had to play from the tips so the scores were too high to post :) I birdied #2 tho. Something Tiger couldn't do today :)

Rose Valley boy in the House

Glad we didn't leave yet. Play has been pushed back and will not begin before 11am.

Reactions: kevin310
Yesterday was an amazing day at Aronimink. It was a ghost town and you could follow any golfer, including tiger, without much of a crowd. such a memorable day

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
ADVERTISEMENT