ADVERTISEMENT

Woo Hoo!!!! Today is Blue Monday....the most depressing day of the year.

BW Lion

Apr 9, 2020
The third Monday of January has been awarded the gloomy title due to a combination of post-Christmas blues, cold dark nights and the arrival of unpaid credit card bills.

Apparently, a university professor managed to precisely calculate the most depressing day of the year, using the following formula:

[W+D-d]*T^q
M*Na

Where weather=W, debt=d, time since Christmas=T, time since failing our new year’s resolutions=Q, low motivational levels=M and the feeling of a need to take action=Na. ‘D’ is not defined in the release, nor are units.
Supposedly the date was calculated by using many factors, including: weather conditions, debt level (the difference between debt accumulated and our ability to pay), time since Christmas, time since failing our new year’s resolutions, low motivational levels and feeling of a need to take action.

The third Monday of January has been awarded the gloomy title due to a combination of post-Christmas blues, cold dark nights and the arrival of unpaid credit card bills.

Apparently, a university professor managed to precisely calculate the most depressing day of the year, using the following formula:

[W+D-d]*T^q
M*Na

Where weather=W, debt=d, time since Christmas=T, time since failing our new year’s resolutions=Q, low motivational levels=M and the feeling of a need to take action=Na. ‘D’ is not defined in the release, nor are units.
Supposedly the date was calculated by using many factors, including: weather conditions, debt level (the difference between debt accumulated and our ability to pay), time since Christmas, time since failing our new year’s resolutions, low motivational levels and feeling of a need to take action.

Hmmm, so in order to minimize my debt I need to solve for d and take the first derivative ... Jim, I need your help!

It makes a move to the Caribbean all the more appealing. OTOH, the cold weather would be replaced by hurricanes. Can't catch a break.... 💨☔

Something I heard on the weather was that this week is the coldest average temperature week of the year so I wonder if that is what they're referring to in the weather portion of the formula.

If more people followed the Gambits and left their Christmas Tree and decorations up longer they would not be depressed. A light snow fell in Pittsburgh last night and I am sitting here with the tree aglow and my outside lights soon to create magic against the snowy landscape. I will have a bit of eggnog and drift off into peaceful slumber.

c9ef4fd0a1b46330b54fba489fae3b31.gif

(Not my house. For illustration purposes only.)

Last edited:
If more people followed the Gambits and left their Christmas Tree and decorations up longer they would not be depressed. A light snow fell in Pittsburgh last night and I am sitting here with the tree aglow and my outside lights soon to create magic against the snowy landscape. I will have a bit of eggnog and drift off into peaceful slumber.

Our HOA recently sent out an unfriendly reminder that all holiday decorations must to be removed by January 21st.

For some reason, I think you might clash with the HOA’s BOT ....in a good way ;)

Reactions: fairgambit

Oh I am sure that the CEO and Pres/Founder of Gambit Global Enterprises, LLC would have a much more palatial estate. Unless this is the guest house or getaway cabin in the woods.....

Reactions: fairgambit
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT