ADVERTISEMENT

WNO

Should Willie take back WNO & do things the right way?

• Yes

Votes: 31 75.6%
  • No

Votes: 10 24.4%

• Total voters
Barr is the type of kid that will jump levels in this room.

Kasak definitely has to work on scrambling a bit and some IQ but very excited for him as well. He had kind of D'oh moments at both Worlds and now.

As FloWrestling guys said in Cael's doc, everyone gets kids as good as Cael coming out of high school, why does only he put him numbers. Combination of scouting, development and game planning bottom line that you get nowhere else.

Kasak definitely has to work on scrambling a bit and some IQ but very excited for him as well. He had kind of D'oh moments at both Worlds and now.

As FloWrestling guys said in Cael's doc, everyone gets kids as good as Cael coming out of high school, why does only he put him numbers. Combination of scouting, development and game planning bottom line that you get nowhere else.
Barr will be fine. Has a little Facundo to him right now where everything is straight on and it leaves him in some vulnerable spots. Must be a Davison thing ;)

Don’t tell Buckeye fans on 247 that. The Ryan fans on there poor mouth all the top 10 recruits they get - Cael gets the can’t miss ones of course.

The mat IQ thing really worries me. I don’t know how you teach that. It’s one thing if Spencer Lee gets a hold of you in the middle of the mat; another thing entirely when you don’t have the good sense to drag yourself out of bounds.

I was screaming “GET OUT!” and my wife thought a home invasion was happening.

Reactions: Petch and fronk71
The mat IQ thing really worries me. I don’t know how you teach that. It’s one thing if Spencer Lee gets a hold of you in the middle of the mat; another thing entirely when you don’t have the good sense to drag yourself out of bounds.

There was a time when I questioned if Nick Lee would ever be able to clean up his sloppiness.

This year one of our elite, college wrestlers got caught on the edge when he could have easily stepped out of bounds and it cost him the match and a chance to go to the national finals because it changed his seed and forced him to wrestle Steveson in the national semifinals. It happens. I don’t think it is IQ-related.

This year one of our elite, college wrestlers got caught on the edge when he could have easily stepped out of bounds and it cost him the match and a chance to go to the national finals because it changed his seed and forced him to wrestle Steveson in the national semifinals. It happens. I don’t think it is IQ-related.
No guarantee he beats Cassioppi though either. Talking about then, not now. I think this season he clears the final hurdle with respect to that.

Reactions: hlstone
first one was one of the worst i've seen in a long time. i'd have to see the second one again, but i think he got it. forrest is a hammer who will look quite dapper in black and gold one day.
Come on dude. That kid wrestles with scoring intent and imagination. Why the hell would anyone hope to see him lose that.

Clearly Taylor needs to spend more time teaching his kids to crawl out of bounds.

I think I came away most impressed by Jax Forrest. Ended up really close but even with a controversial Td against him he didn’t get rattled and beat a very high level guy in Jesuroga. I was really interested to see the difference in this match being folkstyle from their previous matches in free. I had thought that Jesuroga might actually have the upper hand in folk but I didn’t realize how good Jax is on top. His length at that weight gives people fits and his scramble game is even more effective in folk where he can expose himself using leg passes. At a school with a bunch of hammers he seems to have moved ahead of the pack. Don’t think there is any debate he is better than Bassett at this point. What’s scary is that he doesn’t really have a great leg attack yet. He gets in on shots but it’s usually off his pass-by or a re-attack. If he can develop a go to leg attack to add on to all the stuff he already does at a high level the kid is going to be out of this world. He seems to really love wrestling as well. I’m excited to watch him develop these next few years and hopefully see him in a PSU singlet down the road

ADVERTISEMENT