ADVERTISEMENT

WNO (Who's Number One), the Latest

I think they are saving the best for last.

132 with Fix and Arujua (although they've had 4 wrestlers here before and wouldn't be surprised if they do it again).

145 with Yianni with someone - Gfeller, Artalona, Verkleeren?

Reactions: NYWRESTLER94
Didn't future college teammates wrestle in HS a few years ago, when Jimmy bumped up a weight for a midseason tournament to face Nico, with both already committed to PSU?

Just sayin'.

Anybody know if Fix is planning on visiting PSU before or after WNO? I would think either way this will tell us which way he is leaning.

Anybody know if Fix is planning on visiting PSU before or after WNO? I would think either way this will tell us which way he is leaning.

Fix visited PSU this past weekend (Sep 16-18). Please enlighten the rest of us regarding what the timing of this visit means.

Fix visited PSU this past weekend (Sep 16-18). Please enlighten the rest of us regarding what the timing of this visit means.
It means grasping at straws.

He has 3 officials left, and he's not announcing until NLI Day -- 11/9 -- which is OMG within 7 weeks, how will we ever wait that long to find out what college a teenager chooses to attend?

Doubt anyone here knows the young mans plans. His official visit was last weekend, and anything else he does is on his dime. If he does show up here, I wouldn't read too much into it.

bought my tix this morning. any other board members going? The son and I will be PSU wrestling gear. Should be easy to spot! ;)

bought my tix this morning. any other board members going? The son and I will be PSU wrestling gear. Should be easy to spot! ;)

Really trying, but will be at Journeyman. The are starting at 9am. No idea when we will get out, but 2pm kinda seems doable with 10 mats and only 250 kids. If so, we will hit the snakepit on the ride home.

This reminds me of a story from a friend of mine. HIs brother was going to meet someone at a Grateful Dead show whom he had not met previously. The way the "someone" told my friend's brother he could be identified in the crowd? "I'll be wearing a tie-dyed t-shirt."

Annieat285 and I will be there, but since we are in the Lehigh Valley, I'll be wearing my alma mater's (Muhlenberg College) colors. Annieat285 will be in Penn State gear, so we'll be even easier to pick out. :)

Really trying, but will be at Journeyman. The are starting at 9am. No idea when we will get out, but 2pm kinda seems doable with 10 mats and only 250 kids. If so, we will hit the snakepit on the ride home.

My son tells me all the routes he has investigated from where he lives (about an hour SW of Schenectady) are roughly 3.5 hours. I don't think 2pm will work.

Reactions: lionlover
My son tells me all the routes he has investigated from where he lives (about an hour SW of Schenectady) are roughly 3.5 hours. I don't think 2pm will work.

I'm pretty sure I can get from Albany to Bethlehem in under 3 hours on a Sunday afternoon. I'm thinking 2:45.

Too long of a drive for me, but I'm gonna head to Cleveland for the All-Star Classic. Anybody gonna be joining me?

Mapquest says without traffic it will be over 3:30 via the NYS Thruway.

Add to it two things - one, I know from bitter experience that traffic on a Sunday afternoon heading south on the Thruway is horrendous. It will add 30 minutes to an hour to the trip; two, Sunday is Rosh Hashanah, so the normal terrible Sunday traffic on the Thruway will be worse than usual.

Without traffic, my trip from Bloomfield, NJ (right along the Garden State Parkway, which ties into the NYS Thruway pretty neatly) to Albany is just under 3 hours.

Just trying to be helpful.

Mapquest says without traffic it will be over 3:30 via the NYS Thruway.

Add to it two things - one, I know from bitter experience that traffic on a Sunday afternoon heading south on the Thruway is horrendous. It will add 30 minutes to an hour to the trip; two, Sunday is Rosh Hashanah, so the normal terrible Sunday traffic on the Thruway will be worse than usual.

Without traffic, my trip from Bloomfield, NJ (right along the Garden State Parkway, which ties into the NYS Thruway pretty neatly) to Albany is just under 3 hours.

Just trying to be helpful.
Yes, didn't account for traffic on Thruway - I was thinking Sunday afternoon should be no issue. You would know better than me. I'm looking at a straight shot 87-287-78 at 215 miles but yes if 87S is backed up it will be much longer than 3 hours. If no traffic, under.

Well, I guess we'll see. Maybe we'll be done by 1pm. ;)

Fix was just at PSU last weekend...Didn't get any reports though...When is Who's number 1 and where ?

One is aa and the other aaa...They can't meet....
Thx Spyker, just realized it myself also. I think they'll both go at 120 this year, however, with Spencer moving into the 126 slot at Iowa, while Teasdale will probably move to 126 next year for his senior year, that would give him another year to get to 134 at Iowa.

Thx Spyker, just realized it myself also. I think they'll both go at 120 this year, however, with Spencer moving into the 126 slot at Iowa, while Teasdale will probably move to 126 next year for his senior year, that would give him another year to get to 134 at Iowa.
:) Ha, check your weights, 21...wasn't that long ago 126 and 134 were valid lightweights, along with 118. You're giving your age away...

Last edited:
Yes, didn't account for traffic on Thruway - I was thinking Sunday afternoon should be no issue. You would know better than me. I'm looking at a straight shot 87-287-78 at 215 miles but yes if 87S is backed up it will be much longer than 3 hours. If no traffic, under.

Well, I guess we'll see. Maybe we'll be done by 1pm. ;)
The crowds come from the Jewish Catskill and Rockland resorts getting back to NYC. A better route might be 87 to 84 to south on 209, comes out on 80, then south on 33, comes out at 78 right by Lehigh.

The crowds come from the Jewish Catskill and Rockland resorts getting back to NYC. A better route might be 87 to 84 to south on 209, comes out on 80, then south on 33, comes out at 78 right by Lehigh.

That doesn't help a lot because you'd be on the Thruway all the way to exit 17. After exit 16, it opens up to three lanes, but until that point, it's only two lanes. On a normal Sunday, the traffic starts backing up somewhere around exit 18 (New Paltz). And none of this accounts for the extra "leaf peeper" traffic around this time - leaves have already started to turn in the Catskills. I think you have to allow about 4-4.5 hours for travel on 10/2 if you go on the Thruway. It's why I said initially we can't do both Journeymen and WNO.

How many of you bums are comin' to WNO?
Obviously not me according to the traffic reports above. Our first trip to Journeyman and you go and schedule for the same day.

Almost as bad as scheduling Who's #1 Duals the same weekend as ETR last year.;)

Any chance white collar Willie sends his private jet up to help me out?

Last edited:
Obviously not me according to the traffic reports above. Our first trip to Journeyman and you go and schedule for the same day.

Almost as bad as scheduling Who's #1 Duals the same weekend as ETR last year.;)

Any chance white collar Willie sends his private jet up to help me out?
Much badder ass if you landed Willie's private helicopter on the arena roof. Just sayin'.

Reactions: Antaeus
ADVERTISEMENT