ADVERTISEMENT

WNO Announcements...

Guess this means Teasdale will be at 126.

Teasdale v. Decatur?

Teasdale gets his revenge.

I can't believe they made Downey-Winn the main event. The winner is no. 1 at what exactly?

UFC poserfest

Reactions: slushhead
I can't believe they made Downey-Winn the main event. The winner is no. 1 at what exactly?

UFC poserfest
#Embracethegrind

484915-chris-cummings-creed-falls-killing.jpg

8100492.jpeg

more promotion than substance. Flo has been embracing their inner McMahon
Yea, I get what they do, just feel sad for young men to be somehow associated with Scum even if it's just part of the same card in an event

This card is definitely shaping up to be another great WN1. I only made it to the one with the Fix and Suriano marathon. Gonna take my boys again this year.

So I see they got the HS kids, "pro" matchup, and a female match. What about a nice youth little guy match up? Get like two PA little studs for an opening act?

Reactions: tjb249
One side of a potential top level match up that you guys want to see has accepted the WNO offer and is waiting for the other party to respond. Stay tuned.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
Reactions: diggerpup
Fyi, I do not think there will be matches at 170 or 182. That is what I am hearing.

I find that hard to believe and know for fact that 182 is in the works. The hold-up was due to Travis's injury. Willie will work it out. Give the man some time. It's hard to work in those blue cowboy boots and shmedium t-shirts.

John is correct. there will be no 170 or 182 match.

Was planning on Brooks vs Wittlake but Travis is still dealing with an injury.

Reactions: nitlion6
Just a thought. What about a Greco match at those weights. An opportunity to showcase Greco if you will.

This is too funny. Guess he saved Downey from another a$$ kicking. Makes sense since this is who's number 1? Unless this is for talking smack and not backing it up. This dude should get shredded for this. Imagine what he would say if Winn backed out? And why the heck is Mark Perry pulling him out? Curious the reason why.

This is too funny. Guess he saved Downey from another a$$ kicking. Makes sense since this is who's number 1? Unless this is for talking smack and not backing it up. This dude should get shredded for this. Imagine what he would say if Winn backed out? And why the heck is Mark Perry pulling him out? Curious the reason why.

a fear of clowns?

Percentage PD3 ever wrestles a single match in an Iowa singlet? I'm going to say 40%, shorter from maybe even odds before whatever this thing was (why was it that Mark Perry had to pull him, why couldn't he simply drop out himself? Maybe that's nothing, probably something). Wouldn't be surprised to see Downey take issue publicly with Perry pulling him, and then the odds plummet.

I think it was CP who mentioned PD3 hasn't even been accepted yet into Iowa's grad program. I know the plan was to enroll for the second semester, but seems like he should've had this all together by now.

Percentage PD3 ever wrestles a single match in an Iowa singlet? I'm going to say 40%, shorter from maybe even odds before whatever this thing was (why was it that Mark Perry had to pull him, why couldn't he simply drop out himself? Maybe that's nothing, probably something). Wouldn't be surprised to see Downey take issue publicly with Perry pulling him, and then the odds plummet.

I think it was CP who mentioned PD3 hasn't even been accepted yet into Iowa's grad program. I know the plan was to enroll for the second semester, but seems like he should've had this all together by now.

from Flo article about iowa.
The elephant in the room is Pat Downey. PD Hawk as he is now calling himself still has between 15 and 21 credits to graduate from Iowa State, depending on if you ask him or his father. Downey himself told me it was 15, so that's what we're going with. The plan right now is that the Midlands at the end of December will be his first attached competition with Iowa

Not knowing the answer, I'll speculate on two hypothetical reasons why Flo said Perry pulled him:

(1) Iowa wanted it to appear to be the coaching staff's decision, in an effort to take heat off Downey for backing out of yet another match, thereby reducing the pressure that he would feel to blow up on Twitter in response to the inevitable critics.

(2) Iowa really did want Downey to withdraw, as "no Downey publicity is good publicity". Flo felt burned and made a point to call out the responsible staff person.

In all likelihood, Iowa wants Downey focused on 2 things: his ISU coursework and keeping his nose clean. The WNO match and all the hoopla around that would be a distraction. Maybe both Iowa and Downey agreed that he should withdraw, keeping his eye on the real prize -- a graduated and rehabilitated Downey eligible for the Hawkeye lineup come January. Perry tries to absorb the heat.

Disclosure: I used more words than tikk to illustrate my key thoughts on this subject.

Yeah im ok with Perry's decision. No reason to further distract an already distractable guy. Focus on that bookwork PD3!

Oh come on now. It's probably just something simple and innocent like Downey couldn't get the parole office to ok his traveling outside of the county.

I don't know why everyone feels the need to try and make Downey look bad...

ADVERTISEMENT