ADVERTISEMENT

WLAX 8-5 at halftime over OSU***

tOSU had a great start to the 2nd half, and tied it up, 8-8. PSU then scored the next 2 goals to take a 10-8 lead. That's where it currently stands, with 18:35 left in the 2nd half. PSU had trouble with draw controls to start the half, which is part of the reason tOSU was able to tie it up.

Regular season game between these 2 was a PSU victory by 1 goal, so it's not a surprise that it's a close contest. Coffey just scored a goal for PSU, so it's now 11-8 PSU.

PSU up 13-11, with 2:32 left. PSU was milking the clock, but had a turnover at the 2:45 mark, so tOSU is not out of it, as they now how the ball.

Turnover by Ohio State (refs may have missed an illegal check by Coffey to dislodge the ball), and PSU has the lead and the ball with 1:57 to go.

PSU with a silly turover with 1:40 to go, so tOSU has the ball. Emi Smith with the save on the shot, so PSU has the ball with under 1 minute to go.

30 sec to go, and PSU is just playing keep-away.

10 sec to go and a foul on tOSU.

And there it is, PSU wins the 1st B1G Women's LAX Tournament, 13-11.

Way to go PSU, and way to go Coach Missy. She's been doing a great job of recruiting the past 4 years, and today's results are a result of her efforts and coaching!

PSU with a silly turover with 1:40 to go, so tOSU has the ball. Emi Smith with the save on the shot, so PSU has the ball with under 1 minute to go.

30 sec to go, and PSU is just playing keep-away.

10 sec to go and a foul on tOSU.

Way to go PSU, and way to go Coach Missy. She's been doing a great job of recruiting the past 4 years, and today's results are a result of her efforts and coaching!

Thanks, Tom. Congrats. to these ladies!

tumblr_m6odkq8jNo1qbolbn.gif

Tom, can you explain why the hell this game is tape delayed on ESPNU? The Big Ten Network is showing some stupid "big ten elite" show. It's a stupid rerun. I don't get this conference.

NittanyNed -- I have no idea which organization controls the rights, which group decides that the game is shown live only via a stream, and on TV on tape delay. I would have preferred that the BTN would have shown the championship game live.

NittanyNed -- I have no idea which organization controls the rights, which group decides that the game is shown live only via a stream, and on TV on tape delay. I would have preferred that the BTN would have shown the championship game live.

Tom,

ESPN owns the rights to the women's lacrosse championship.

So, apparently we didn't even get seeded in the NCAA tournament despite winning the Big Ten tournament and defeating Northwestern twice in recent weeks (the Wildcats got the final seed, #8). We play Johns Hopkins in round one then face off against the (7 seed) UVa/Winthrop winner.

I don't understand why the Penn State women's lacrosse team, who was ranked number seven going into the Big Ten tournament, did not get a seed in the NCAA tournament. The number seven seed went to Virginia who had less wins and more losses! Does anybody have any insight as to how this came about?

I don't understand why the Penn State women's lacrosse team, who was ranked number seven going into the Big Ten tournament, did not get a seed in the NCAA tournament. The number seven seed went to Virginia who had less wins and more losses! Does anybody have any insight as to how this came about?
We're lucky to even be playing women's lacrosse.;)

The NCAA (I think) uses RPI heavily in terms of seeding for the tournament. Going into the tournament we were #9 in RPI behind, you guessed it, the 8 teams that got seeded. However, we won against Northwestern and Ohio State at a neutral site, so I thought that would give us a boost into being seeded (especially with NW being ranked above us in RPI going into the weekend). I thought we'd get in as a #7 or 8 seed once we won earlier today.

The seeds are as follows:

1. Maryland
2. UNC
3. Duke
4. Syracuse
5. Boston College
6. Stony Brook
7. Virginia
8. Northwestern

PSU plays John Hopkins in Rd. 1, at UVA, on May 8th. The winner of that game plays the winner of the UVA - Winthrop game. Others in n the same bracket with PSU are Stanford, Florida, and UNC. Stanford plays Florida on May 8th, and the winner of that game plays UNC.

As for the seeds, I thought they were a combo of record, RPI, and strength of schedule.

Here are the last RPI figures I saw:

1. Maryland
2. UNC
3. Syracuse
4. Stony Brook
5. Duke
6. Boston College
7. Virginia
8. Penn State
9. Northwestern
10. Princeton

Here are the last SOS rankings I saw:

1. Syracuse
2. UNC
3. Virginia
4. Northwestern
5. Maryland
6. Duke
7. Notre Dame
8. Rutgers
9. Penn State
10. Boston College

Tom

thank god for this new format as I was able to re-live the drama scrolling through Tom's comments - eventually to find out that the WLAX team did indeed beat tOSU 13-11!!! WHEW!

And in case anyone didn't know, Tatum Coffey is Christian Hackenberg's girlfriend. Well done Hack...

screen-shot-2015-03-03-at-9-11-39-am.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT