ADVERTISEMENT

With the Benefit of Hindsight - Ziegler's new documentary podcast on scandal to start in 2021

Ah, the symptom of our age, short attention span theater! Complex issues have complex research and descriptions and need time to explain the links and situations. Ziegler didn’t even mention the fact that McQueary attended charity events with Sandusky. That is a huge contradiction. McQueaary’s entire story and timeline is totally bogus from what Ziegler pieced together.
There's a massive difference between a short attention span and a podcast that is going to be somewhere around 30-60 hours long with an abrasive host.

And because of that, I have no interest in listening to 10's of hours of him talking. His communication style sucks to put it bluntly and his material is waaaaay too lengthy. I'm someone with an interest in the subject matter and I struggle to listen to him for 10 minutes. How much patience do you think the general public, who has far less interest in the matter, is willing to listen to him before they completely tune him out? These interviews and podcast will accomplish nothing.

Fwiw, I listened to the first Schultz interview, from 2018, podcast #1. 90 minutes. I had to take a couple breaks, but Ziegler goes off on only a small number of short rants relative to what we are used to hearing. Gary is calm and very open, really lets his story flow. JZ 'leads' him a couple times, but Gary is fine with saying when he has a different take or doesn't know/can't confirm a JZ hypothesis. Gary is 100% believable in what he says, as anyone who knows him would expect.

Most of the info we have heard, but I will say that I never completely understood the total logic of the Dec. 29, 2000 date until I listened to this interview. Now it makes sense to me.

Looking forward to the 2nd Gary interview, podcast 2, which was done in 2020.

This is great defense of Sandusky If he’s telling the truth. Is he? Possibly. Is he lying or intentionally “misremembering” things? Also possible.

Well, if he's lying, he's one of the best in the world at it when asked the questions on the spot.

If Dottie still has that "unfounded" letter laying around the house, that might help. I doubt CYS or the State has any record of it anymore.

There's no doubt in my mind that Sandusky was framed by CorButt and his henchmen to destroy Penn State and it worked. The National perspective of Penn State is now 180 degrees opposite of what it was pre-2011.

What's kind of bizarre is that since the Penn State/Joe Paterno "Sucess With Honor" model/ideal was successfully blown apart by CorButt, College Sports in general has had a steady degradation away from the accepted student/athlete model to an accepted paid mercenary model ever since.

"
Duh.
McQueary revealed that he himself had been molested as a child. Perhaps because he had been sexually abused, McQueary was particularly alert to possible abuse, and so he leaped to the conclusion that the slapping sounds he heard in the Lasch Building locker room were sexual."

Wow, thats the first I heard that.
And if that is true it makes his action or lack there of even more cowardly.
First I heard it to...he is the alleged perp?

Well, if he's lying, he's one of the best in the world at it when asked the questions on the spot.

If Dottie still has that "unfounded" letter laying around the house, that might help. I doubt CYS or the State has any record of it anymore.

There's no doubt in my mind that Sandusky was framed by CorButt and his henchmen to destroy Penn State and it worked. The National perspective of Penn State is now 180 degrees opposite of what it was pre-2011.

What's kind of bizarre is that since the Penn State/Joe Paterno "Sucess With Honor" model/ideal was successfully blown apart by CorButt, College Sports in general has had a steady degradation away from the accepted student/athlete model to an accepted paid mercenary model ever since.
Very, very true!

Reactions: BUFFALO LION
Connorpozlee said:
You seem to be trying get me to say I believe Sandusky is guilty because I believe the police report and I believe the police report because I believe Sandusky is guilty.

You have a great weekend.

I’m not trying to get you to say or agree to anything, I’m simply pointing out what you have already said.

I hope you also have a great weekend.

I’m not trying to get you to say or agree to anything, I’m simply pointing out what you have already said.

I hope you also have a great weekend.
I don’t think you’re making sense. You believe I’m saying Sandusky is guilty because of a police report which I believe because I think he’s guilty. I have told you several times that is not the sole reason. You don’t want to believe it. It’s odd.

Connorpozlee said:
I don’t think you’re making sense. You believe I’m saying Sandusky is guilty because of a police report which I believe because I think he’s guilty. I have told you several times that is not the sole reason. You don’t want to believe it. It’s odd.

Where did I ever say it was the "sole" reason? Please use the quote function.

Connorpozlee said:
OK.
What exactly are you trying to get to?
So I don't have to repeat myself again, I'll refer you back to a post I made a couple of days ago, where our discussion should have ended.

The Schultz interview is quite interesting. I have not read as much as most on all the pieces not reported by the media, so this was enlightening. Takes me 1 hour and 10 minutes to walk my yard mowing and that interview was playing while I walked.
If you haven’t listened, find 2 hours to do so.

OL
I am not that familiar with podcast/. I listened to episode 1. How do i listen to the interviews. Tia

IMO, the problem is that for those of us who have studied this case from the beginning.....
-It would be difficult to conclude anything but that Tom Corbett conspired to destroy Graham Spanier and by extension torched PSU and PSU Football (it and Joe were collateral damage I believe). In fact, if Fat Tommy had pulled this off without torching Joe and football he likely would have remained in the catbird seat of the corrupt Commonwealth.
- Fina operated with utter impunity, emboldened by the (false) confidence that he would always operate under the guard all shield of the all powerful Tom Corbett....and the incredibly corrupt Commonwealth justice system as a whole.
- Spanier, Schultz and Curley are completely innocent of any crimes, but can the same thing be said of Dranov, McQueary Sr. and Jack Raykovitz? The fact that the first two skated may have something to do with the ever evolving story of MM (clearly polished to fit The Commonwealth's purpose). If you have issue with that, I suggest you explain Jonelle Eshbach's admonition to MM when he protested the GJP.
- Jerry Sandusky was the victim of a "we'll give him a trial first and then we'll hang him" show trial.
- Is Sandusky completely innocent? How many claimants lied? These are the only questions left to be answered.

Connorpozlee said:
OK. I’ve already explained that. Enjoy your Sunday.

You attempted to, but showed a lack of understanding of our discussion... so I sent you back to catch up. I can only lead the horse to knowledge, I can’t make it understand... so I’ll let you off the hook. Have a great Sunday.

You attempted to, but showed a lack of understanding of our discussion... so I sent you back to catch up. I can only lead the horse to knowledge, I can’t make it understand... so I’ll let you off the hook. Have a great Sunday.
Hey, I appreciate your generosity! Now I can relax.

Reactions: pandaczar12
They are part of Ziegler’s set of 19 episodes. There’s one labeled interview with Gary Schultz.
Sorry, all I can help you with.
🤷🏻‍♂️

OL
Actually, there are 2 Gary Schultz interviews. The first and second podcasts. The first one is from 2018, the 2nd from 2020. Both excellent, both explain the date controversy, both give logical reasons that there was absolutely no cover-up of any kind by C/S/S/P.

McQ may have covered up to his Dad and Dranov that he did not go to see Joe until a couple months after he told them about seeing JS. Schultz makes it very clear that they were never told about a sex act or crime. He also gives details about Baldwin's making a mess of being their legal rep at the initial stages of the ordeal.

Gary comes through as an honest person caught up in Corbett's political plan to take down Spanier and therefore Penn State. He does not get into the BOT role in how it all fell apart so fast, but focuses on the GJP lies that were the ultimate and completely unnecessary undoing for C/S/S/P, and why that was needed so the case vs. JS would be a slam dunk.

Reactions: francofan
Actually, there are 2 Gary Schultz interviews. The first and second podcasts. The first one is from 2018, the 2nd from 2020. Both excellent, both explain the date controversy, both give logical reasons that there was absolutely no cover-up of any kind by C/S/S/P.

McQ may have covered up to his Dad and Dranov that he did not go to see Joe until a couple months after he told them about seeing JS. Schultz makes it very clear that they were never told about a sex act or crime. He also gives details about Baldwin's making a mess of being their legal rep at the initial stages of the ordeal.

Gary comes through as an honest person caught up in Corbett's political plan to take down Spanier and therefore Penn State. He does not get into the BOT role in how it all fell apart so fast, but focuses on the GJP lies that were the ultimate and completely unnecessary undoing for C/S/S/P, and why that was needed so the case vs. JS would be a slam dunk.
Fantastic summary.
Might I add that you can hear in Gary’s voice the emotion he still (understandably) still has. I truly feel sorry for C/S/S/P more now after listening than prior. A big old can of bullshit.

OL

Last edited:
Fantastic summary.
Might I add that you can hear in Gary’s voice the emotion he still (understandably) still has. I truly feel sorry for C/S/S/P more now after listening than prior. A big old can of bullshit.

OL

If Gary would have taken contemporaneous clear notes for the file, PSU and Gary would be all clear.

Even the recovered emails are inexplicably cryptic, as though hiding something.

It's HR 101 to document situations like this. Gary was head of HR.

Reactions: bdgan
If Gary would have taken contemporaneous clear notes for the file, PSU and Gary would be all clear.

You live in a dream world. How do you know what was in Gary's file? Like Fina was looking to use anything that would exonerate Tim or Gary. You are such a dolt.

Reactions: blk902
You live in a dream world. How do you know what was in Gary's file? Like Fina was looking to use anything that would exonerate Tim or Gary. You are such a dolt.
He hasn't even claimed there was anything exonerated in his files. You'd think with all the court cases, testimony, depositions, and 4 hours+ of Zig interviews if there was ever anything to clear him, he'd have mentioned it.

Maybe there was nothing to really take notes about?!?!

Also, it is quite common for all of us in the workforce to be semi cryptic, or at least not blatantly obvious, when exchanging email about employees. That is common courtesy. You are being disingenuous suggesting he was hiding something with an ulterior motive.

Man, I’ll have to find time to listen to these interviews. They sound intriguing. Both are never heard before, right?

Also, it is quite common for all of us in the workforce to be semi cryptic, or at least not blatantly obvious, when exchanging email about employees. That is common courtesy. You are being disingenuous suggesting he was hiding something with an ulterior motive.
jerry wasn't an employee

I disagree. Companies started adopting whistleblower policies decades ago. Those policies require that whistleblower complaints be documented, investigated, and addressed. Penn State has a $7 billion budget. They have to have had some type of policy like this.

First I heard it to...he is the alleged perp?
My guess is that McQueary either made up the story about being a sexual abuse victim in order to gain sympathy after he became a pariah.

Or he could be talking about something relatively mild, like high school girls playing with his junk when he was in Middle School.

With two new episodes dropping today (making it 4) I have to ask all a question.

If this JZ guy has been crazily wrong for the past 10 years.....then why hasn't anyone sued him?

My guess is that McQueary either made up the story about being a sexual abuse victim in order to gain sympathy after he became a pariah.

Or he could be talking about something relatively mild, like high school girls playing with his junk when he was in Middle School.
MM said a lot of things. He also told some lettermen that "he made sure it stopped," when he was criticized as cowardly if abuse really occurred and he ran away....he also made it clear to Eshbach that the GJP was false and in effect she told him to clam up....and he did as he was told and let the fire spin out of control.
No one will ever convince me that the Commonwealth didn't have him by the shorthairs and he did as he was required by them.
He got a jury to believe he told the "whole" truth to Tim and Gary.....but not to Dad and Dr. D that very night....or Joe weeks later when he met with him. Sad.

There is no way in the world that anyone could listen to the Gary Schultz interviews and still think he was part of some sort of coverup. I hope these interviews and this podcast somehow get a bigger audience, and all the sanctimoneous media dolts have to answer for all of the false bullshit they put out on the airwaves during this "scandal".

There is no way in the world that anyone could listen to the Gary Schultz interviews and still think he was part of some sort of coverup. I hope these interviews and this podcast somehow get a bigger audience, and all the sanctimoneous media dolts have to answer for all of the false bullshit they put out on the airwaves during this "scandal".

Right? If this is a cover up, it's the worst one in history. The beginning and ending of any 'if/then' conversation is Mike McQueary and his failure to call police the night of the incident. Outside of JS, his failure/cowardice to act is the biggest reason for what happened to Joe/PSU. From there, it's that his father and family friend did nothing. Their best advice was to drop a bag of flaming sh*t on Joe's lap and wash their hands of it.

With two new episodes dropping today (making it 4) I have to ask all a question.

If this JZ guy has been crazily wrong for the past 10 years.....then why hasn't anyone sued him?

Doesn't this make it a total of 3 if count the trailer?

I listen on spotify and there are 3 episodes on there. 4 must be coming out this afternoon or this evening. Episode 3 is titled The Paternos and will focus on the family and their reactions/responses.

Has anyone listened to the A.J. Dillen interview? It's right on JZ's page(linked below). Can't link it directly on my phone, but scroll down and you'll find it.

He's the TSM alum/"fake accuser" that ran the 3 year ruse on Shubin and the therapist he sent all of his clients to(Macnab). It's incredible to hear the audio of Shubin allegedly making up AJ's story of abuse. The details are almost identical to those who testified at trial. I wonder why!!! About 31 minutes in.

Supposedly Jerry wrote AJ a letter from prison at JZ's request to help "sell" Shubin on their relationship. AJ went as far as having his mom go in and speak with Shubin. Haven't finished listening yet, but so far this piece is full of crazy stuff.

It is consistent with all known facts that C/S/S covered nothing up but still massively mishandled this.

At a minimum he was responsible to take notes, the lack therof which proved to be their downfall

Reactions: Lion409
It is consistent with all known facts that C/S/S covered nothing up but still massively mishandled this.

At a minimum he was responsible to take notes, the lack therof which proved to be their downfall
Last I checked not taking notes is neither a misdemeanor or a felony. Keep in mind that since Shultz was retired and this happened 10 years before it came to light (memories were challenged) both prosecutors and Baldwin had their hands on Gary's files......

ADVERTISEMENT