With the Benefit of Hindsight - Ziegler's new documentary podcast on scandal to start in 2021

francofan

Oct 26, 2015
John Ziegler gave a Penn State update in his end of the year, World according to Zig podcast. The segment starts just after the 3 minute mark and goes on for about 6 minutes.

The big news is that John is going start a new documentary podcast concerning the Penn State/Joe Paterno/Jerry Sandusky scandal entitled "With the Benefit of Hindsight." John stated that both a producer and a director have been involved in the project, that he and a Los Angeles TV news personality have been taping 4-5 hours of material every weekend and they have a total of 55-60 hours of heavily produced material from the studio. John does not know the exact start date for the podcast, but expects that it will happen in the beginning of 2021, possibly in February.

John states the podcast is extraordinary, unprecedented and truly amazing and that the podcast series will tell the real story of the entire scandal, so if you have an open mind and are interested in the subject you should listen to the podcast when it comes out. He further states that as far as he knows, the podcast is unprecedented in the history of podcasts in that they are taking a contrarian perspective. He also stated that the podcast provides him an opportunity to share his experiences and the evidence he has collected along the way from the last 10 years. He says the podcasts will blow your mind regardless of your current beliefs. That you don't need to be that interested in the story itself because the real story is a story about humanity and that the real story is so much more interesting that the mythology that the media created.

OhioLion

Jul 11, 2001
Heart of America, Archbold, OH
John Ziegler gave a Penn State update in his end of the year, World according to Zig podcast. The segment starts just after the 3 minute mark and goes on for about 6 minutes.

The big news is that John is going start a new documentary podcast concerning the Penn State/Joe Paterno/Jerry Sandusky scandal entitled "With the Benefit of Hindsight." John stated that both a producer and a director have been involved in the project, that he and a Los Angeles TV news personality have been taping 4-5 hours of material every weekend and they have a total of 55-60 hours of heavily produced material from the studio. John does not know the exact start date for the podcast, but expects that it will happen in the beginning of 2021, possibly in February.

John states the podcast is extraordinary, unprecedented and truly amazing and that the podcast series will tell the real story of the entire scandal, so if you have an open mind and are interested in the subject you should listen to the podcast when it comes out. He further states that as far as he knows, the podcast is unprecedented in the history of podcasts in that they are taking a contrarian perspective. He also stated that the podcast provides him an opportunity to share his experiences and the evidence he has collected along the way from the last 10 years. He says the podcasts will blow your mind regardless of your current beliefs. That you don't need to be that interested in the story itself because the real story is a story about humanity and that the real story is so much more interesting that the mythology that the media created.

My son’s freshman year at college he wrote a paper on how Joe Paterno was wrongfully accused in this scandal. He found Ziegler’s contact information and reached out to him for details. Ziegler actually called my son, who said it was quite the conversation.
😃

OL

francofan

Oct 26, 2015
My son’s freshman year at college he wrote a paper on how Joe Paterno was wrongfully accused in this scandal. He found Ziegler’s contact information and reached out to him for details. Ziegler actually called my son, who said it was quite the conversation.
😃

OL

How was your son's paper received by his instructor?

Reactions: bhill29

OhioLion

Jul 11, 2001
Heart of America, Archbold, OH
How was your son's paper received by his instructor?
Directly from my son’s text answering your question.
She thought the paper idea was pretty cool and unique and she absolutely loved (and was somewhat surprised with) my sources. She seemed really interested and intrigued with the content of the paper too.

Edit: @francofan - we became personal friends with a coach at Penn State from @1996 until the change over. Actually stayed at this friend’s house with his family when attending games, clinics and BW weekends. He was a source also.

I know it made dad smile. He was pretty jacked that Ziegler actually called him.

OL

Last edited:

JeannieNeedsAShooter

Gold Member
Aug 17, 2007
I made a concept album on the case called “Assumed Guilty”, it uses audio from John on the first and last track. When I sent it to him he called me and we had a great conversation. John is a real down to earth no BS truth teller, very rare in today’s world.

Reactions: indynittany

francofan

Oct 26, 2015
So what new info has been discovered?

A lot of new information has come out. Most recently the McChesney diary has been discovered that demonstrates that the OAG and the Freeh Group colluded, that the OAG had leaked grand jury information to the Freeh Group, and that juror tampering had occured.

Another key piece of information that has come out is that lead prosecutor Frank Fina has been sanctioned in the form of losing his license to practice law in the state of Pennsylvania for a year and a day on account of his conduct in the case.

In addition, the report on the federal investigation that was conducted by NCIS special agent John Snedden to consider whether Graham Spanier's top-level security clearance should be renewed was discovered in the form of a 110 page redacted document, The report concluded that Mike McQueary was not a credible witness and that there was little, if any, evidence of any sexual assault.

Another key piece of information that has come out is that the infamous Mike McQueary shower incident occurred on Dec. 29, 2000 and not on Feb, 9, 2001 as stated at trial or on March 1, 2002 as stated in the grand jury presentment.

In addition, an email that Mike McQueary sent to Jonelle Eschbach right after the Nov. 2011 grand jury presentment came out where McQueary complained to Eschbach that she twisted his words in the GJP when she claimed he had witnessed an anal rape.

There is much more information that has come out. I refer you to Mark Pendergrast's book "The Most Hated Man in America: Jerry Sandusky and the Rush to Judgment" and the Penn State chapter in Malcolm Gladwell's book "Talking to Strangers."

LundyPSU

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2002
A lot of new information has come out. Most recently the McChesney diary has been discovered that demonstrates that the OAG and the Freeh Group colluded, that the OAG had leaked grand jury information to the Freeh Group, and that juror tampering had occured.

Another key piece of information that has come out is that lead prosecutor Frank Fina has been sanctioned in the form of losing his license to practice law in the state of Pennsylvania for a year and a day on account of his conduct in the case.

In addition, the report on the federal investigation that was conducted by NCIS special agent John Snedden to consider whether Graham Spanier's top-level security clearance should be renewed was discovered in the form of a 110 page redacted document, The report concluded that Mike McQueary was not a credible witness and that there was little, if any, evidence of any sexual assault.

Another key piece of information that has come out is that the infamous Mike McQueary shower incident occurred on Dec. 29, 2000 and not on Feb, 9, 2001 as stated at trial or on March 1, 2002 as stated in the grand jury presentment.

In addition, an email that Mike McQueary sent to Jonelle Eschbach right after the Nov. 2011 grand jury presentment came out where McQueary complained to Eschbach that she twisted his words in the GJP when she claimed he had witnessed an anal rape.

There is much more information that has come out. I refer you to Mark Pendergrast's book "The Most Hated Man in America: Jerry Sandusky and the Rush to Judgment" and the Penn State chapter in Malcolm Gladwell's book "Talking to Strangers."
None of this is new, though.

Reactions: WHCANole

francofan

Oct 26, 2015
And like so many other things..... nothing will happen.

Perhaps. It seems like the fix might be in.

However, this story has legs. Spanier and Sandusky both have legal remedies in the works. We should get decisions in the federal Third Circuit and the Pa. Superior Court before too long and in either case, the court could possibly rule on the merits of the case. I don't believe these cases will be the last word. Too many people know what did and what did not happen in this story for the facts to remain a mystery forever.

Reactions: FHSPSU67

francofan

Oct 26, 2015
None of this is new, though.

I don't believe the McChesney diary was common knowledge before Sandusky submitted his latest appeal.

I was referring to new in the terms of things that have come out since Sandusky was convicted.

What timeframe are you considering new?

PSUMATT85

Jan 5, 2002

Any update on the Barron review of the freeh report?

francofan

Oct 26, 2015
Whatever it is we know that it will be extraordinary, unprecedented and truly amazing.

And nobody will care.

It remains to be seen if there will be any audience for this podcast.

I am not a big Ziegler fan; but I will certainly listen to the podast. It seems like it may be professionally produced. They have a lot of material. I hope it gains traction, but I am guessing that the whole story will not catch fire, at least not initially.

ThePennsyOracle

Oct 9, 2015
Regardless of where one may stand on this, really can't conflate the two. JZ has said repeatedly that he's not into conspiracy theories, which is unlike QAnon.
Why can’t you conflate the two?

Crackpot alleged anti-pedophile enthusiasts, crackpot “investigators” digging up “dirt” while constantly presenting recycled BS as new BOMBSHELL information.

francofan

Oct 26, 2015
Why can’t you conflate the two?

Crackpot alleged anti-pedophile enthusiasts, crackpot “investigators” digging up “dirt” while constantly presenting recycled BS as new BOMBSHELL information.

It seems like you are saying that there is nothing to see here and it is time to move on,

I say there is a lot to see here and that the fat lady has not sung.

Please humor me and tell me if you agree with the following:

1. Mike McQueary witnessed an anal rape in the Lasch building shower.
2. The Freeh Report is factual.
3, Spanier, Curley, Schultz, and Paterno knowingly enabled the acts of a CSA offender
4. Mike McQueary is a credible witness
5. Frank Fina claiming that he set up a sting operation to catch the grand jury leaker proves that he was not the leaker
6. The OAG's and the Freeh Group's investigations were independent
7. Juror 0990, Laura Pauley, who had been interviewed by the Freeh Group before Sandusky's trial was a fair, unbiased, and open-minded juror.

BobPSU92

May 6, 2015
Whatever it is we know that it will be extraordinary, unprecedented and truly amazing.

And nobody will care.

I will care.

5b02c83836429_icare.gif.9c63066dae8f7986f78c2a7d69c27626.gif

Reactions: PS4814

BobPSU92

May 6, 2015
It seems like you are saying that there is nothing to see here and it is time to move on,

I say there is a lot to see here and that the fat lady has not sung.

Please humor me and tell me if you agree with the following:

1. Mike McQueary witnessed an anal rape in the Lasch building shower.
2. The Freeh Report is factual.
3, Spanier, Curley, Schultz, and Paterno knowingly enabled the acts of a CSA offender
4. Mike McQueary is a credible witness
5. Frank Fina claiming that he set up a sting operation to catch the grand jury leaker proves that he was not the leaker
6. The OAG's and the Freeh Group's investigations were independent
7. Juror 0990, Laura Pauley, who had been interviewed by the Freeh Group before Sandusky's trial was a fair, unbiased, and open-minded juror.

You have to know by now that oracle is an asshole.

LundyPSU

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2002
I don't believe the McChesney diary was common knowledge before Sandusky submitted his latest appeal.

I was referring to new in the terms of things that have come out since Sandusky was convicted.

What timeframe are you considering new?
New, as in we haven't already heard it. The 'new' points you note are not actually new. Maybe since 2012. But in reality, these points haven't changed anything they come out. Maybe if Schultz/Curley have something new to add, that could get interesting. But if JZ is just going to rehash the same points, nothing is going to change. Especially given his audience already knows this stuff.

Reactions: WHCANole and nits74

Connorpozlee

Aug 29, 2013
New, as in we haven't already heard it. The 'new' points you note are not actually new. Maybe since 2012. But in reality, these points haven't changed anything they come out. Maybe if Schultz/Curley have something new to add, that could get interesting. But if JZ is just going to rehash the same points, nothing is going to change. Especially given his audience already knows this stuff.
That’s pretty much where I am at with this. I am interested in the topic and keep an open mind to the facts. But this sounds like just another repackaging of material already known by anybody still paying attention.

francofan

Oct 26, 2015

Ziegler claims to have taped 55-60 hours of new material. He has said he interviewed Aaron Fisher's ex-wife. I know he has also interviewed John Snedden. I suspect that he included new interviews with the likes of Mark Pendergrast, Malcolm Gladwell, Fred Crews, Anthony Lubrano, Dick Anderson, Jeff Byers, Franco Harris, and others who have first-hand knowledge of the story. Ziegler has said that the podcast will enable him to share a lot of new information that he has collected over the years. He has said in the past that one of the best interviews that he has done was with Gary Schultz who explained why he was convinced that Sandusky was innocent. I wouldn't be surprised if Gary is included prominently in the podcast. Ziegler has stated that he has interviewed over a dozen people who know Aaron Fisher the best and they all believe that Aaron has been less than truthful in his recounting of what has happened. I suspect that Aaron will have a key role in the podcast. I suspect that people who know Glen Neff and Matt Sandusky well will be featured in the podcast as well. Ziegler's co-host is a Los Angeles TV personality, so I believe that most or all of the segments will be new. I don't know if there will be any bombshells, but I suspect it will be very interesting. I am looking forward to the initial podcast.

ThePennsyOracle

Oct 9, 2015
Ziegler claims to have taped 55-60 hours of new material. He has said he interviewed Aaron Fisher's ex-wife. I know he has also interviewed John Snedden. I suspect that he included new interviews with the likes of Mark Pendergrast, Malcolm Gladwell, Fred Crews, Anthony Lubrano, Dick Anderson, Jeff Byers, Franco Harris, and others who have first-hand knowledge of the story. Ziegler has said that the podcast will enable him to share a lot of new information that he has collected over the years. He has said in the past that one of the best interviews that he has done was with Gary Schultz who explained why he was convinced that Sandusky was innocent. I wouldn't be surprised if Gary is included prominently in the podcast. Ziegler has stated that he has interviewed over a dozen people who know Aaron Fisher the best and they all believe that Aaron has been less than truthful in his recounting of what has happened. I suspect that Aaron will have a key role in the podcast. I suspect that people who know Glen Neff and Matt Sandusky well will be featured in the podcast as well. Ziegler's co-host is a Los Angeles TV personality, so I believe that most or all of the segments will be new. I don't know if there will be any bombshells, but I suspect it will be very interesting. I am looking forward to the initial podcast.
John Ziegler = Sidney Powell

Tony Lube = Peter Navarro

• Love