ADVERTISEMENT

With Berge retired, who do you think goes at 157 and 165 next year?

All joking aside, 157 will be Boone or Bearclaw. They'll obviously wrestle off, drill together a ton and enter a ton of opens/Scuffle. This is assuming no transfer.

God Save the Allegheny National Forest
With Nick's successes the past few weeks, I've got an idea that Nick and Joe (as well as Matt) Lee are going to chop a lot of wood. You could see how fired up Joe was after Nick's National Championship. Some of Nick's DNA also resides in Joe and he is going to show his capabilities next year. I am not worried about 165 next year. My biggest concern will be 157.

Listen, I’m not trying to be a buzzkill here but he was 2-2 this year at 149 .. what makes you think going up a weight will improve on that?
Those 2 losses were to Storr and Thomas, a guy consistently ranked in the top 12 and the 3rd place finisher. Both were 1 point matches. No idea how he projects long term, but pretty ridiculous to write him off for those two losses.

Also, the most important point isn't whether he's good. It's whether he's the best on the roster.

Those 2 losses were to Storr and Thomas, a guy consistently ranked in the top 12 and the 3rd place finisher. Both were 1 point matches. No idea how he projects long term, but pretty ridiculous to write him off for those two losses.

Also, the most important point isn't whether he's good. It's whether he's the best on the roster.
Just a hunch but I think he's one of these kids who benefit from going up a weight...like Kemerer was.

Not sure why the sarcastic replies , it’s a valid thought provoking question. He didn’t belittle anyone , just asked who do we think would be 157/165.

I think a transfer will come in for 149-165. We will need something better than we have to unseat iowa. I think 157 has the greatest potential for a transfer and I think with less covid protocol , the coaches can work with Lee to not always go for the home run and getting caught. But will it be successful??, not sure

Not sure why the sarcastic replies , it’s a valid thought provoking question. He didn’t belittle anyone , just asked who do we think would be 157/165.

I think a transfer will come in for 149-165. We will need something better than we have to unseat iowa. I think 157 has the greatest potential for a transfer and I think with less covid protocol , the coaches can work with Lee to not always go for the home run and getting caught. But will it be successful??, not sure
Well we don't need a transfer to the team now we have killers at every weight class thanks to Cael!

You ask what is so great about Bearclough? I will give a couple
1. He is a good Utah Mormon boy like Cael. They are tough, dedicated and god fearing!
2. Last Utah boy we had on the roster was Matt Brown, another tough Mormon guy who was multiple AA and a NC his senior year!
3. He is young and I thought he wrestled aggressively in the matches I saw.
4. I love his body type! He is Evan Wick type clone with nice long limbs that he can clamp down on you for a brutal ride or he can be a cradle machine with those nice long arms!
5. He can easily put on the couple of extra pounds of muscle to that lean frame and not lose a second of quickness!

What is not to like? Boone's tapes in HS looked to me like he is a killa and provides nice competition as well.

Finally if all things fail Van Ness is trained Killa out of HS. He is a 149 guy but if things are so bad between Bearclough and Boone, I am sure he can step in and challenge for the top spot in the country at 157. He reminds of another BO. A wrestling savant!

Who was Penn State's best 158lber ever?

Sidenote: In the last year of the old weights, PSU's John Lange took 3rd. The next year it changed to 157 and...

Casey Cunningham (CMU) beat Clint Musser (PSU) in the finals. Easton's Bryan Snyder was 4th. Princeton HC Chris Ayers was 6th.

Sidenote: In the last year of the old weights, PSU's John Lange took 3rd. The next year it changed to 157 and...

Casey Cunningham (CMU) beat Clint Musser (PSU) in the finals. Easton's Bryan Snyder was 4th. Princeton HC Chris Ayers was 6th.
Elinisky, 2 runner-up finishes at 158, was pretty darn good.

No one knows yet. Long way to go. I personally think there will be a surprise or two before November.

Reactions: mjmirv
I'm legitimately curious about the background of Terrell Barraclough, sounds like he was an unranked walk on. I believe he was committed to Army at one point as well. Any idea why he was so under the radar? I know he was a 4x Utah state champ. For the record, I've been pretty impressed with him. He went 18-4 in his redshirt year and had 2 one point losses to NQs (Storr and Thomas) this year. Per Brantt on 247, he beat Bartlett in the wrestleoff also.

I think the year before Cunningham beat Jamar Bilman in Quarterfinals at 149.

Last Utah boy we had on the roster was Matt Brown

How soon you forget! ...

DSC_3942_Kuhn.JPG

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT