ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin to the Rose

Well they don't deserve to go, but it's hard to get too mad anymore.

Delaney probably lobbied for us not to go.

This was in the cards starting a week ago, when florida and wisconsin jumped us. Then the media literally went to war for wisconsin. I would just like to know why?

It's a good question.

Doesn't really make much sense

True. But that has been true since the creation of the playoff system. Take the extra practices as a plus and suffer through an exhibition that can do us no good.

The idea that anyone other than alumni are going to watch Penn State vs. Memphis or Florida vs. UVa... not sure about that.

The most interesting one is Oregon vs. Wisconsin and it's not that interesting.

Reactions: ncgolfer
I have zero interest in the Cotton Bowl. I wouldn't think of attending or making any sort of special plans for it in a hundred years.

The PSU snubbing and disrespect has gotten so ingrained that they are now placing teams with worse records in bowls ahead of them. This is enhanced and backed up by sending out a few media talking points a few days before the screwing becomes official.

Can anyone point out a time where SCum or Tosu lost out to a superior bowl to another B1G team with a WORSE RECORD?

Well they don't deserve to go, but it's hard to get too mad anymore.

Delaney probably lobbied for us not to go.
Wisconsin blew out UM and beat MN, so there is that in common foes.

Also blew out MSU, but closer win against Iowa.

Two worse loses to OSU.

Case can be made either way.

It's a good question.

Doesn't really make much sense
It hasn’t made sense for over 50 years now.

OK, it is what it is. Franklin better have this team ready, I don’t want to see another sleep walking exhibition like Kentucky last year. These bowl games are meaningful, for program perception, recruiting, etc..

Reactions: PSUfiji

Two worse loses to OSU.

We also defeated UM. It's irrelevant. They lost to Illinois and to OSU twice.

It hasn’t made sense for over 50 years now.

OK, it is what it is. Franklin better have this team ready, I don’t want to see another sleep walking exhibition like Kentucky last year. These bowl games are meaningful, for program perception, recruiting, etc..

I agree. If he doesn't have them ready again, it will be hard to defend him.

Two worse loses to OSU.

Wisconsin lost to a team that lost by 19 at home to 3-9 Northwestern. Spin that for me.

This was in the cards starting a week ago, when florida and wisconsin jumped us. Then the media literally went to war for wisconsin. I would just like to know why?
Yep, that was the agenda after last week. The learning here is if you do not make the conf champ game then you are not going to jump up miraculously over a team in a conf championship game barring a horrible loss.

In retrospect, the only way we were going to get in the RB would have been a 50 point O$U beat down. Even that could have been questionable. The 3rd loss made no difference. They were evaluated as a 2 loss team. The Minny loss is was what killed us. We never had a chance for the RB after that as it was going to be either Minny or Wisky.

WTF! now Rece Davis is grilling the committee on why PSU went instead of Utah?!?

Franklin should be absolutely livid right now and should not forget this ever

Two worse loses to OSU.

There is no case for ranking Wisconsin ahead of PSU—NONE. Do any of you Wisconsin apologists really believe PSU would have been ranked ahead of Wisconsin before the Big Championship if it lost to OSU and an unranked Illinois team and Wisconsin’s only 2 losses were to the same OSU and a ranked team? If so, you need a reality check. I generally root for the Big Ten teams in the bowls, but this year I hope Oregon destroys Wisconsin.

WTF! now Rece Davis is grilling the committee on why PSU went instead of Utah?!?

Franklin should be absolutely livid right now and should not forget this ever

I'm telling you, there is some media conspiracy. I dont get it. Penn state played 5 ranked teams in a row, 3 coming off a bye and 4 on the road. Nobody gives a flying sh*t. Teams that had 2 ranked opponents all year? They should be in damnit

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT