ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin depth chart, holy cow...

Actually PSUSIG, my grandson told me this past weekend he was going to get tickets thru StubHub or Vividseats.
Ooof. I wouldn’t pay all the extra fees right now. I’d wait to see if you can get them for the kids through the away game email and then pay the extras if that doesn’t work out.

Ooof. I wouldn’t pay all the extra fees right now. I’d wait to see if you can get them for the kids through the away game email and then pay the extras if that doesn’t work out.
TickPick has no fees and is just as reputable.

Reactions: BVSt.Paul
8 redshirt seniors on offense, all 5 o linemen, 7 redshirt seniors on defense.
Apparently some schools have kids who decide to come back! This is going to be one tough opener...

Or, Larrylimp .. some schools have kids (your word for 22 year old men not mine) who wouldn't get drafted stayed on to get their degree or perhaps a year of grad school in the books or to screw co-eds...who knows?

Alabama doesn't have this wealth of remedial training and maturation in their players and some how they are more than competitive out the gate year in and year out.

Granted Wisconsin has a bunch of seasoned players and PSU has a history of openers where the team starts a week late. However, this is football and not deciphering the intricacies and functions of black holes. It should not take years to master a position in this game for most of the positions on the field.

After last years 5 game absence of mind from the fundamentals of executing the basics of the game, this years PSU team should have a lot of focus left in the tank to start this season, one would think.

We shall see....

Why did Maybin leave early? He blew a potential good NFL career by not staying and developing more.
He was drafted #11 and made $12.4 million during his first 4 years out of college. My guess is he made more money by age 26 than 99% of the people on this board have during their entire working lifetimes. By that measure alone, he did just fine.

He was drafted #11 and made $12.4 million during his first 4 years out of college. My guess is he made more money by age 26 than 99% of the people on this board have during their entire working lifetimes. By that measure alone, he did just fine.
It always interests me how fans think they can make better decisions than the person (the only one actually) whose opinion counts. In addition, when did an extra year at PSU "guarantee" a better draft status and more $$$$. Anyone who projects to a 1st round pick and returns to college is taking an incredible risk.
Playing football is a perilous undertaking. Also, I'm sure players are given help and advice about their draft status and from there only the player and immediate family are in a position to know what's best.
Maybin appears to have a fine post playing career in the arts. Selling one painting for 20k. He also has founded a charitable organization "Project Mayhem." He is a known social activist in the Baltimore area. I have not followed his post PSU career closely, but it appears he is yet another fine example of "Success with Honor."
His net worth is estimated at 10 million. He's okay.

It interests me that some folks here think they need to lecture other folks when a simple question is asked. Maybin had obvious talent at the DE position and I believe he came out too early as he had a really short NFL career and maybe, just maybe he could have made even more $$$ if he had more time to mature his skills.
And by taking that approach you are assuming...."maybe" that it would have worked out for him......and you are also assuming that having a longer NFL career was his only goal in life. A typical fanboy assumption. These are human beings that have other interests in life. It might make some sense not to assume they want to live their lives to feed your fanboy fantasies.
Playing college and professional football is a grinding, grueling and dangerous path to walk. Kudos to Maybin for making millions and getting out with his youth, goals and lots of $$$$.
He owes us nothing.

And by taking that approach you are assuming...."maybe" that it would have worked out for him......and you are also assuming that having a longer NFL career was his only goal in life. A typical fanboy assumption. These are human beings that have other interests in life. It might make some sense not to assume they want to live their lives to feed your fanboy fantasies.
Playing college and professional football is a grinding, grueling and dangerous path to walk. Kudos to Maybin for making millions and getting out with his youth, goals and lots of $$$$.
He owes us nothing.
Gee thanks for your brilliant insight Capt Obvious (these are human beings) I shall seek you out for all future questions about life.
9Axf.gif

a95fb94680fa064c3872a52a93b9b85d.gif

Last edited:
Gee thanks for your brilliant insight Capt Obvious (these are human beings) I shall seek you out for all future questions about life.
9Axf.gif

a95fb94680fa064c3872a52a93b9b85d.gif
College player is taken in the first round of the NFL Draft. He signs a 25 million dollar contract. Fanboy reaction, "he should have continued to play in college." Right back at you, muck up.

Has Franklin forfeited yet since some of the posters on here have already conceded this game?

Has Franklin forfeited yet since some of the posters on here have already conceded this game?
I don't get that impression. What I read are "loyal fans" spreading "fertilizer" so that they will look like prophets if a loss occurs. Here's a few.....
I told you that Clifford would cost us the game.
I told you that Franklin would take the offensive calls out of Yurich's hands.
I've said for a year, Pry has to go.
Add as needed: We will never be elite with Franklin as the coach.
This loss was earned when we didn't chase (insert quarterback) in the portal.
A terrible coaching job, considering what WE pay him.
In fairness to them, it is difficult to be a member of the BWI Coaching Advisory Board, possess the gifts of omniscience and omnipotence and remain silent. LOL

I don't get that impression. What I read are "loyal fans" spreading "fertilizer" so that they will look like prophets if a loss occurs. Here's a few.....
I told you that Clifford would cost us the game.
I told you that Franklin would take the offensive calls out of Yurich's hands.
I've said for a year, Pry has to go.
Add as needed: We will never be elite with Franklin as the coach.
This loss was earned when we didn't chase (insert quarterback) in the portal.
A terrible coaching job, considering what WE pay him.
In fairness to them, it is difficult to be a member of the BWI Coaching Advisory Board, possess the gifts of omniscience and omnipotence and remain silent. LOL
What will we hear from these geniuses when we blow Wisky out like we usually do?

8 redshirt seniors on offense, all 5 o linemen, 7 redshirt seniors on defense.
Apparently some schools have kids who decide to come back! This is going to be one tough opener...
Turnovers will make the difference and perhaps team speed that is Penn State’s advantage. I think we win by 8.
Go State!

Turnovers will make the difference and perhaps team speed that is Penn State’s advantage. I think we win by 8.
Go State!
As we all should know, we have a 4 game w streak on these guys. Overall PSU 10-9 vs Wisky

Go State!
Very difficult to play anywhere on the road in the conference. If they win, PSU could be off to the races. If they play well, they can still have a 9-3 season.

Very, very tough opener on the road. Vegas has UW as a 5 point favorite. Will be elated if we can get out of there with a win.

Reactions: marshall23
ADVERTISEMENT