ADVERTISEMENT

Win Please - From an Iowa Fan

Reading comprehension is optional for "Easterners" I indicated I understood the reason PSU was left out by the selection committee. It was two losses obviously. But some on here immediately, and freely associated pedophilia.

Again, I never mentioned this. You guys did for whatever reason. I'm not sure how you got there. But it is interesting.

I mentioned one incident. So did your coach. I guess I'm not sure why he found it important, as did your QB, almost immediately.

Good day to you all. Someone on here made a comment about Midwestern being sensitive. I'd suggest you read through this thread again.
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out....

In the end, folks like you don't like McSorley because he wins football games, not because of the HR swings or because he punted the ball after the game was over (what is wrong w/ that anyway?).

Just like folks like you didn't like JVP because he won football games and graduated his players, not because he was a pedophile enabler (which is the most ridiculous media myth swallowed by the masses in sports history).
Seriously? What's wrong with a PSU QB punting the game ball after a win? My word we must have short memories. JVP would have ripped his head off for it.

Reactions: kevina001
Seriously? What's wrong with a PSU QB punting the game ball after a win? My word we must have short memories. JVP would have ripped his head off for it.
Did you watch the lead up segments to the game? Did you notice that when Iowa upset Penn State, UMich and Mich St that the Iowa players stormed the field and jump on one another in jubilation in wild display of joy? Were THEY disrespecting their opponents? Should they have stood like statues on the side lines and mumbled, "well done, chaps"?

WTF? It's a game. These are young men who have been through an exciting ending to a hard fought game. Adrenaline is flowing.......get over it.

Reactions: psu2016
Rable Rable Rable!

Insecurity Insecurity Insecurity!

Reading Comprehension Reading Comprehension Reading Comprehension!

Did you watch the lead up segments to the game? Did you notice that when Iowa upset Penn State, UMich and Mich St that the Iowa players stormed the field and jump on one another in jubilation in wild display of joy? Were THEY disrespecting their opponents? Should they have stood like statues on the side lines and mumbled, "well done, chaps"?

WTF? It's a game. These are young men who have been through an exciting ending to a hard fought game. Adrenaline is flowing.......get over it.
Rushing the field and cheering is one thing. Punting the game ball is another.
Thank you, Chap. I'm over it.
Let's just wait and see if he does it again ;-)

Rushing the field and cheering is one thing. Punting the game ball is another.
Thank you, Chap. I'm over it.
Let's just wait and see if he does it again ;-)
Really? I was never given the rule book for what is an acceptable display of emotion and what is taboo at the end of a thrill packed game. Who publishes that, the University of Iowa Press? They apparently are the controlling authorities on this subject.

Stay with that stiff upper lip, Old Man.

Reactions: anon_1eeb2b426hv3y
Rable Rable Rable!

Insecurity Insecurity Insecurity!

Reading Comprehension Reading Comprehension Reading Comprehension!

Hey, it's almost wrestling season. Looking forward to kicking Iowa's ass AGAIN. Then you guys can come back and cry AGAIN about Cael and Co.

Reading comprehension is optional for "Easterners" I indicated I understood the reason PSU was left out by the selection committee. It was two losses obviously. But some on here immediately, and freely associated pedophilia.

Again, I never mentioned this. You guys did for whatever reason. I'm not sure how you got there. But it is interesting.

I mentioned one incident. So did your coach. I guess I'm not sure why he found it important, as did your QB, almost immediately.

Good day to you all. Someone on here made a comment about Midwestern being sensitive. I'd suggest you read through this thread again.

Complete bs, you mentioned it the sentence after you said you knew why PSU wasn't selected. Hence the implication that that was why.

Thanks for confirming you're a dumbass. Go away already.

Complete bs, you mentioned it the sentence after you said you knew why PSU wasn't selected. Hence the implication that that was why.

Thanks for confirming you're a dumbass. Go away already.

"FWIW, I thought the players and coaches got screwed by the selection committee last year, but also understand the argument against PSU. I understand that this group of players and coaches aren't associated with what happened there. In fact, I've never brought that incident up. I understand every stadium you go to PSU will hear those remarks. To think otherwise would be incredibly naive. I like our young group of players. I also understand they had no business being within two scores yesterday."

You guys are overly imaginative, and overly sensitive. Again, I'm glad both your head coach and quarterback recognized the error, and immediately corrected it.

That you could possibly infer the reason for not making lat year's CFP is pedophila from my post is amazing.

PSU / Iowa has been a good series. Notwithstanding some message board posters on each side.

I think SB is not only a great college football player, he has also proven to be a gentleman.

This said, there are (were) some things I do not like like about McSorely and James Franklin. James Franklin's comments, and McSorely's quick correction last night went long way to changing my opinion.

This is way too good of a series for it to be cheapened like an Iowa/MSU series. McSorely is too good of a player to let what he did last night lessen his season.

It speaks loudly that both he and Franklin addressed this immediately. Let your team's performance speak for itself. Franklin's post game comments last night were appropriate. And appreciated by Iowa fans who enjoy football, and don't enjoy some of the antics and rhetoric that go along with it.

I've traveled to every B1G stadium, and in these travels one begins to either respect or disrespect certain football teams and fanbases. It would have been very unfortunate if this series had devolved into what some other series have.

It was a hard hitting game. I suspect McSorely and one of our receivers are extremely sore this today.

Championship teams win games like this. I hope this is beneficial to Iowa going forward. Iowa has an extremely tough path to the West, and frankly PSU has a tough path to the East, but at this point I think both teams have a legit shot.

Good luck the rest of the way.

We live in such a wussified society today it makes me sick.

Mcsorely kicked a football after a tough,frustrating game that we dominated on both offense and defense for the most part and should have won by 3 TDs.

So what?!

PSU players endure verbal abuse that no other team has to hear. They are human, they are allowed be to human.

Remember a few years ago when we played Maryland and their "captains" refused to shake hands with the PSU captains before the coin toss? Well, I remember dipshits like Joey Galloway and others from ESPN saying it was no big deal.

If that was no big deal, then Mcsorely kicking a football should be be even less of an issue.

Time to move on....

Last edited:
PSU / Iowa has been a good series. Notwithstanding some message board posters on each side.

I think SB is not only a great college football player, he has also proven to be a gentleman.

This said, there are (were) some things I do not like like about McSorely and James Franklin. James Franklin's comments, and McSorely's quick correction last night went long way to changing my opinion.

This is way too good of a series for it to be cheapened like an Iowa/MSU series. McSorely is too good of a player to let what he did last night lessen his season.

It speaks loudly that both he and Franklin addressed this immediately. Let your team's performance speak for itself. Franklin's post game comments last night were appropriate. And appreciated by Iowa fans who enjoy football, and don't enjoy some of the antics and rhetoric that go along with it.

I've traveled to every B1G stadium, and in these travels one begins to either respect or disrespect certain football teams and fanbases. It would have been very unfortunate if this series had devolved into what some other series have.

It was a hard hitting game. I suspect McSorely and one of our receivers are extremely sore this today.

Championship teams win games like this. I hope this is beneficial to Iowa going forward. Iowa has an extremely tough path to the West, and frankly PSU has a tough path to the East, but at this point I think both teams have a legit shot.

Good luck the rest of the way.
Thank you and good luck the rest of the season! Maybe we will meet again in the BIG 10 Championship Game!

Thank you and good luck the rest of the season! Maybe we will meet again in the BIG 10 Championship Game!

I can't envision a scenario that Iowa gets to Indy. It's possible. Frankly the path for both teams won't be easy, but PSU obviously is highly talented, so a much better chance. The encouraging part to me at least is that we're playing at least 11 freshman.

"FWIW, I thought the players and coaches got screwed by the selection committee last year, but also understand the argument against PSU. I understand that this group of players and coaches aren't associated with what happened there. In fact, I've never brought that incident up. I understand every stadium you go to PSU will hear those remarks. To think otherwise would be incredibly naive. I like our young group of players. I also understand they had no business being within two scores yesterday."

You guys are overly imaginative, and overly sensitive. Again, I'm glad both your head coach and quarterback recognized the error, and immediately corrected it.

That you could possibly infer the reason for not making lat year's CFP is pedophila from my post is amazing.

Recognized what error? You really sound like a wuss.

I do hope we play Iowa again in the B1G championship game and beat them by three or four touchdowns, the way we should have Saturday night.

These butt hurt children of the corn are finding every way to find fault with our team including that our team was not present during the anthem. They are trying hard to make a non issue into an issue to be offended by.

Reactions: 22mike306
I do hope we play Iowa again in the B1G championship game and beat them by three or four touchdowns, the way we should have Saturday night.
The cornholers obviously haven't ever heard the expression, "be careful what you wish for". On a neutral field, at the end of the year, we beat them by AT LEAST 3 scores.

Several issues not fully discussed. First, Saqoun fakes Josey out of his jock strap 15 times. Saqoun did not try to steal his jewels as well but they were so loosely held they just exited with the jock strap, not enough mass to retain? So, the famed Josey lost his Jewels and now its not only Saqoun's fault but the entire PSU teams fault. I grasp that your defensive hero was not only exposed but humiliated by Saqoun Sat. evening yet that is the way the balls crumble, er bobble er you get it.

Second, your only real and cherished achievement that has been a main stay in your storied past was your wrestling team. Well........that is in the past for good form what I can observe. Even the buckeyes are surpassing the hawkeyes now. I understand how demoralizing it can be to lose your dominant position in the wrestling world but it HISTORY gentlemen. Dan isn't returning from retirement to resurrect your team and the "paint drying method of stalling your way to wins" is becoming less popular with the younger set as teams who teach scoring and winning now are the more popular places to matriculate.

Of course this was a bit tongue in cheek yet the abuse heaped on the team from the hawkeye fans stacked up so close the players and having to keep a close watch on their helmets should that they float away into the stands was a concern as were the taunts that never stopped. If you don't want to develop a MSU like situation one had better not up the ante in that sort of game. It may be helpful to rotate the fans sitting on top of the visiting team since the current crop are not as respectful as you may want to create a good impression. Then again it was MSU and coach smiley so who knows where the fault lies.

LOL!!!! JOSEY LOST HIS JEWELS. HA

"I grasp that your defensive hero was not only exposed but humiliated by Saqoun Sat. evening..."

So true.

It's not my experience that Pennsylvanians would be considered Easterners. Not really even close. Philadelphia maybe, but that is somewhat of a unique localism all to itself.

I guess you could classify what I posted as passive / aggressive. It's wasn't really intended that way. And it was lost on almost everyone on here except for the up votes I received. Easterners, or not. 90/10 rule we call it here in the Midwest. As they also do on the East Coast.

Penn State is like every other fanbase. It's fans that travel to games are largely decent. When I travel there I'm treated decently. It has a percentage that willfully misunderstands, largely on message boards.

FWIW, I thought the players and coaches got screwed by the selection committee last year, but also understand the argument against PSU. I understand that this group of players and coaches aren't associated with what happened there. In fact, I've never brought that incident up. I understand every stadium you go to PSU will hear those remarks. To think otherwise would be incredibly naive. I like our young group of players. I also understand they had no business being within two scores yesterday.

But if you think it is overly sensitive and critical to point out something your own head coach pointed out, I'm not sure what I can do to further explain.

Good luck the rest of the way. I think your two missing pieces are your OL and FG kicker. But I also think your coach figured out how to make the left side of your OL work. It was fairly obvious in the first half yesterday. He certainly knows what he is doing, and you have the talent on both sides of the ball to make it work. Few teams are able to do this in college football.
Thanks for the backhanded compliment from your other hand. They both hurt as you don't explain what McSorley did / said as well as Franklin. They both praised your team for your valiant effort, but still they are criticized? I'll tell you what, you would have done yourself a favor if you just never came on our board unless you wanted to say.......that was a good win Penn State!

Why not listen to both your QB and head coaches immediate comments post game. I did compliment them to that. And they both went out of their way to explain, and I use your coaches own words, That's not who we are.".

Look, I played D1 college football. That game Saturday was hard fought. You don't disrespect the other athlete's efforts, or discount your own by being misunderstood. They did the correct, and grown up thing was explaining it was being caught up in the moment. It speaks loudly to their character. But make no mistake, if they wouldn't have done this, it would be a different story.

I come on here. I give my opinion. I compliment your team. I indicate I had reservations about both your head coach and quarterback, but I also took great pains to explain they really changed my mind with their comments after that punt.

What do I get? Overly sensitive fams. Grouped in with a small minority of every fan base that talks about your "incident." An incident I've never brought up, becuase it has nothing to do with the athletes on the field. Essentially called a backwards Midwesterner, not close to the level of an Easterner. Ad infinitium.

When some of you came over to our message boards with insults did you see me participate, or get upset over that?

Now you aren't going to like what I've have to say, but in true Midwesterner style, I'm just going to say it. When you have never played the game at a D! level, when you have never signed a paycheck, except the back of it, and when your largest investment is your house, you're never going to get it. And it's not unique to your fan base. But you off base here.

I didn't like what he did. He immediately explained it, and then your head coach did as well. This wasn't PSU Pitt. This was two B1G schools who took it to the wire, with some absolutely amazing athletes on both sides. Championship teams win games like this. PSU won. Unless the left side of your OL, or your FG kicker don't develop, you're in the hunt. Enjoy it.

I'm basing this on what I've seen over the first four games. I could be wrong, but from what I see, the left side of your OL, and your kicker aren't as strong as other position groups.

But the left side also intentionally collapsed to get playmakers into space. Both sides did on occasion actually.Cleary called in from your sideline. Which is actually another strength. Very few teams in college can call in based on the opposing team's set up as quickly as PSU did on Saturday. I saw you do it against Pitt. And it was most prevalent in the first qtr Sat. Did not happen a bunch in your opener.

It's a good team. I've seen several outstanding rb's live, and I'm not sure I'll ever see a SB again.

I always though Iowa had a better chance of beating tOSU than PSU this season. I really don't know what to think after Saturday. I know we've been playing 11-13 freshman, redshirt or otherwise. I can see losing in East Lansing Saturday. But games are played to see what happens, so we'll see for the next several months what develops. If I had to guess, I would say Mich PSU, and Wiscy Iowa are the two critical games, but a lot can happen before this takes place.

Why not listen to both your QB and head coaches immediate comments post game. I did compliment them to that. And they both went out of their way to explain, and I use your coaches own words, That's not who we are.".

Look, I played D1 college football. That game Saturday was hard fought. You don't disrespect the other athlete's efforts, or discount your own by being misunderstood. They did the correct, and grown up thing was explaining it was being caught up in the moment. It speaks loudly to their character. But make no mistake, if they wouldn't have done this, it would be a different story.

I come on here. I give my opinion. I compliment your team. I indicate I had reservations about both your head coach and quarterback, but I also took great pains to explain they really changed my mind with their comments after that punt.

What do I get? Overly sensitive fams. Grouped in with a small minority of every fan base that talks about your "incident." An incident I've never brought up, becuase it has nothing to do with the athletes on the field. Essentially called a backwards Midwesterner, not close to the level of an Easterner. Ad infinitium.

When some of you came over to our message boards with insults did you see me participate, or get upset over that?

Now you aren't going to like what I've have to say, but in true Midwesterner style, I'm just going to say it. When you have never played the game at a D! level, when you have never signed a paycheck, except the back of it, and when your largest investment is your house, you're never going to get it. And it's not unique to your fan base. But you off base here.

I didn't like what he did. He immediately explained it, and then your head coach did as well. This wasn't PSU Pitt. This was two B1G schools who took it to the wire, with some absolutely amazing athletes on both sides. Championship teams win games like this. PSU won. Unless the left side of your OL, or your FG kicker don't develop, you're in the hunt. Enjoy it.

An incident you've never brought up, yet can't stop mentioning.

GO. THE FU*K. AWAY. No one gives a crap what you think or that you sign the front of a check or that you played football in nowhere USA. Us easterners are assholes, great. Just stfu then while we keep carrying your rust belt flyover dumb asses.

I get your point now. I didn't before. I finally got it due to your usage of FU*K, assholes, dumb asses and STFU. All clearly designed to help me understand more clearly your perspective. It worked, and clearly you are correct.

I'll rush you a therapy kitten and some crayons to nurse you back to mental health in your safe space boo boo; if you ever need to hold hands with someone and scream, we are here for you.

Last edited:
I appreciate that. I understand I'm a snowflake, and I really was with her, even though I wasn't. I'm offended so easily. I'm weak. You'd probably pound me into the ground, and then use big, bad words. I'd need a safe space. I mean I can hardly watch the news. Big meanie Trump who carried Iowa by double digits, he scares me.

And now your meanie quarterback and head coach. They must have had to give in to the SJW given their comments. They probably didn't even mean what they said. And gullible me, I thought they were serious. They're weak too, giving in, and having to essentially apologize.

We're all weak, Except you, A beacon of strength and manhood. Only you (and the government) can save us from ourselves. Please help us.

I appreciate that. I understand I'm a snowflake, and I really was with her, even though I wasn't. I'm offended so easily. I'm weak. You'd probably pound me into the ground, and then use big, bad words. I'd need a safe space. I mean I can hardly watch the news. Big meanie Trump who carried Iowa by double digits, he scares me.

And now your meanie quarterback and head coach. They must have had to give in to the SJW given their comments. They probably didn't even mean what they said. And gullible me, I thought they were serious. They're weak too, giving in, and having to essentially apologize.

We're all weak, Except you, A beacon of strength and manhood. Only you (and the government) can save us from ourselves. Please help us.
Lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT