ADVERTISEMENT

Win Please - From an Iowa Fan

GolfHacker1

Sep 22, 2014
PSU / Iowa has been a good series. Notwithstanding some message board posters on each side.

I think SB is not only a great college football player, he has also proven to be a gentleman.

This said, there are (were) some things I do not like like about McSorely and James Franklin. James Franklin's comments, and McSorely's quick correction last night went long way to changing my opinion.

This is way too good of a series for it to be cheapened like an Iowa/MSU series. McSorely is too good of a player to let what he did last night lessen his season.

It speaks loudly that both he and Franklin addressed this immediately. Let your team's performance speak for itself. Franklin's post game comments last night were appropriate. And appreciated by Iowa fans who enjoy football, and don't enjoy some of the antics and rhetoric that go along with it.

I've traveled to every B1G stadium, and in these travels one begins to either respect or disrespect certain football teams and fanbases. It would have been very unfortunate if this series had devolved into what some other series have.

It was a hard hitting game. I suspect McSorely and one of our receivers are extremely sore this today.

Championship teams win games like this. I hope this is beneficial to Iowa going forward. Iowa has an extremely tough path to the West, and frankly PSU has a tough path to the East, but at this point I think both teams have a legit shot.

Good luck the rest of the way.

PSU / Iowa has been a good series. Notwithstanding some message board posters on each side.

I think SB is not only a great college football player, he has also proven to be a gentleman.

This said, there are (were) some things I do not like like about McSorely and James Franklin. James Franklin's comments, and McSorely's quick correction last night went long way to changing my opinion.

This is way too good of a series for it to be cheapened like an Iowa/MSU series. McSorely is too good of a player to let what he did last night lessen his season.

It speaks loudly that both he and Franklin addressed this immediately. Let your team's performance speak for itself. Franklin's post game comments last night were appropriate. And appreciated by Iowa fans who enjoy football, and don't enjoy some of the antics and rhetoric that go along with it.

I've traveled to every B1G stadium, and in these travels one begins to either respect or disrespect certain football teams and fanbases. It would have been very unfortunate if this series had devolved into what some other series have.

It was a hard hitting game. I suspect McSorely and one of our receivers are extremely sore this today.

Championship teams win games like this. I hope this is beneficial to Iowa going forward. Iowa has an extremely tough path to the West, and frankly PSU has a tough path to the East, but at this point I think both teams have a legit shot.

Get bent... you lost... your guys played hard and hung around, be proud of that...
we are done with you now... if you don't like what TM9 did then you should have run out there and broke up that pass...

Reactions: 22mike306
Get bent... you lost... your guys played hard and hung around, be proud of that...
we are done with you now... if you don't like what TM9 did then you should have run out there and broke up that pass...

Wtf did he even do? These dipshits show up to games DRESSED AS SANDUSKY and then have the stones to come lecture us about class. I will never set foot in Iowa, but I'm beginning to think it's full of the stupidest people in the country.

Losers say what??

What did McSorely do to offend anyone? He does this faux homerun swing after a passing TD, and people ignore it or endure it for the most part. This is during the game! McSorely punted the ball, after the game was over... he didn't run around the stadium giving your fans two single figured salutes, he didn't call attention to himself with some made for tv look at me gesture. He took the freaking ball and kicked it...

In the end, folks like you don't like McSorley because he wins football games, not because of the HR swings or because he punted the ball after the game was over (what is wrong w/ that anyway?).

Just like folks like you didn't like JVP because he won football games and graduated his players, not because he was a pedophile enabler (which is the most ridiculous media myth swallowed by the masses in sports history).

Both Franklin and McSorley both complemented Iowa after the game. But don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Shouldn't you start complaining about next week's game? MSU, isn't it? Some of you guys need a football version of a Festivus pole so you can air your grievances all season long.

Yeah, you guys are probably correct. This is why Coach Franklin mentioned it is his immediate comments post game presumably.

I'm kind of at a loss regarding the original post. What exactly are you upset at Franklin about? Why in the world would people in Iowa have a problem with Franklin? Did I miss something?

And what exactly are you upset at McSorely about?

Reactions: JoeFi
They are upset because we are winning consistently again - it was all good when we lost a fair number of games but now we are one of the top dogs - these people can stuff their back handed compliments - you have a good team BUT - I don't like Franklin or TM for some stupid made up reason - just like butt hurt sPitt fans who are back In their hole since they are staring down a 3 win season. Screw them all - us against them the way I like it.

#Corn

Reactions: pandaczar12
Wtf did he even do? These dipshits show up to games DRESSED AS SANDUSKY and then have the stones to come lecture us about class. I will never set foot in Iowa, but I'm beginning to think it's full of the stupidest people in the country.

You need a comma after SANDUSKY.

Way to take the high road guys. No wonder people don't like Pennstate fans. What a disgrace!

Thanks for the good wishes. I have always been a big fan of Coach Ferentz. He has a system, he recruits to it and makes it work. I'm old school and he represents what I think is the best of college football.
Now, to be offended by a kid kicking a ball after the game is over, well folks must be pissed a lot then. How many times have you seen the basketball fly at the buzzer? Is it me or is this the year of everyone looking for a reason to be outraged? Come on man, grow a pair. I find it more troubling to hear the slurs that the PSU team and coaches were subjected to at close range all night by Iowa Fans. The Sandusky stuff should bother you more than a kicked ball or a celebration of any kind. These PSU players were 3 years old when Sandusky committed the acts he was convicted of. None of our coaches or staff were employed or connected in anyway with the crimes real and imagined that occured 2 and 3 score years ago. But let's ignore all that, right?

Eat a dick.

Yeah and if we were nice to them they would love us....please. Haven't you heard, we're all pedophile enablers. Fvck the high road.
I'm all for every other fan base in America competing for the "Miss Congeniality" award. I'll take wins and competing for championships.

Reactions: AWS1022
In the end, folks like you don't like McSorley because he wins football games, not because of the HR swings or because he punted the ball after the game was over (what is wrong w/ that anyway?).

Just like folks like you didn't like JVP because he won football games and graduated his players, not because he was a pedophile enabler (which is the most ridiculous media myth swallowed by the masses in sports history).

Exactly. Ferentz and Iowa fans were so "respectful" of PSU and JVP when they were beating us every year (though snickering at our futility) . Now that Franklin has their number, our players and coaches are disrespectul. I take it that we are headed in right direction when people start hating you.

Passive aggressive doesn't work on this board, one comprised mostly of Easterners. We don't normally speak in euphemisms or surround a topic like the fine people from the Midwest are apt to do. Spit it out but buyer beware.:)

Reactions: Jerademan74
What horrible act did McSorley commit which would leave a dark cloud hanging over his season? I must have missed it when he stole candy from a kid then robbed him of his lunch money. Yeah, that McSorley sure is a bad dude.

Geez man, save the faux drama for someone else.

Reactions: 22mike306
Your teams are losing to our teams at a record rate. That's the issue here.

Passive aggressive doesn't work on this board, one comprised mostly of Easterners. We don't normally speak in euphemisms or surround a topic like the fine people from the Midwest are apt to do. Spit it out but buyer beware.:)

It's not my experience that Pennsylvanians would be considered Easterners. Not really even close. Philadelphia maybe, but that is somewhat of a unique localism all to itself.

I guess you could classify what I posted as passive / aggressive. It's wasn't really intended that way. And it was lost on almost everyone on here except for the up votes I received. Easterners, or not. 90/10 rule we call it here in the Midwest. As they also do on the East Coast.

Penn State is like every other fanbase. It's fans that travel to games are largely decent. When I travel there I'm treated decently. It has a percentage that willfully misunderstands, largely on message boards.

FWIW, I thought the players and coaches got screwed by the selection committee last year, but also understand the argument against PSU. I understand that this group of players and coaches aren't associated with what happened there. In fact, I've never brought that incident up. I understand every stadium you go to PSU will hear those remarks. To think otherwise would be incredibly naive. I like our young group of players. I also understand they had no business being within two scores yesterday.

But if you think it is overly sensitive and critical to point out something your own head coach pointed out, I'm not sure what I can do to further explain.

Good luck the rest of the way. I think your two missing pieces are your OL and FG kicker. But I also think your coach figured out how to make the left side of your OL work. It was fairly obvious in the first half yesterday. He certainly knows what he is doing, and you have the talent on both sides of the ball to make it work. Few teams are able to do this in college football.

Does anyone know if Trace's punt hit the Children's Hospital? Maybe that's why they have their panties in a wad.

Does anyone know if Trace's punt hit the Children's Hospital? Maybe that's why they have their panties in a wad.

Haven't those kids suffered enough? They have to watch Ferentz go 7-5 every year?

It's not my experience that Pennsylvanians would be considered Easterners. Not really even close. Philadelphia maybe, but that is somewhat of a unique localism all to itself.

I guess you could classify what I posted as passive / aggressive. It's wasn't really intended that way. And it was lost on almost everyone on here except for the up votes I received. Easterners, or not. 90/10 rule we call it here in the Midwest. As they also do on the East Coast.

Penn State is like every other fanbase. It's fans that travel to games are largely decent. When I travel there I'm treated decently. It has a percentage that willfully misunderstands, largely on message boards.

FWIW, I thought the players and coaches got screwed by the selection committee last year, but also understand the argument against PSU. I understand that this group of players and coaches aren't associated with what happened there. In fact, I've never brought that incident up. I understand every stadium you go to PSU will hear those remarks. To think otherwise would be incredibly naive. I like our young group of players. I also understand they had no business being within two scores yesterday.

But if you think it is overly sensitive and critical to point out something your own head coach pointed out, I'm not sure what I can do to further explain.

Good luck the rest of the way. I think your two missing pieces are your OL and FG kicker. But I also think your coach figured out how to make the left side of your OL work. It was fairly obvious in the first half yesterday. He certainly knows what he is doing, and you have the talent on both sides of the ball to make it work. Few teams are able to do this in college football.

Dude seriously, f**k off. The "argument against us" for a seat at the college football playoff table is a rougue ex assistant pedo? Where's you're righteous indignation about real systemic issues at MSU, Rick Curl at Maryland, that poor girl at ND threatened after she was raped, Baylor, etc etc...

You're pissed that we are successful again. You don't give a crap about the facts, or CSA, or anything else. You're pissed that WE ARE and you ain't and won't ever be. Don't EVER come here and say s**t like that and expect us to turn the other cheek. How's that for "eastern" you overalls wearing dumbass flyover hick?

They are upset because we are winning consistently again - it was all good when we lost a fair number of games but now we are one of the top dogs - these people can stuff their back handed compliments - you have a good team BUT - I don't like Franklin or TM for some stupid made up reason - just like butt hurt sPitt fans who are back In their hole since they are staring down a 3 win season. Screw them all - us against them the way I like it.

This x10000.

This is the SOLE reason for so much anti-PSU vitriol on other team's message boards. How do I know this? Because for a while you heard NOTHING about Sandusky and the whole child sex abuse scandal.

Then after last season, you think the whole thing happened only recently. News flash folks: None of those PSU admins remain, and if those players and coaches in 2011-12 had nothing to do with this, this squad sure as hell had nothing to do with it.

The psychological term is "sliding". That's when you can't stay "on subject" and instead have to "slide" to something else because, well, that's all you got response-wise.

Reactions: pandaczar12 and Ski
Haven't those kids suffered enough? They have to watch Ferentz go 7-5 every year?

Dude seriously, f**k off. The "argument against us" for a seat at the college football playoff table is a rougue ex assistant pedo? Where's you're righteous indignation about real systemic issues at MSU, Rick Curl at Maryland, that poor girl at ND threatened after she was raped, Baylor, etc etc...

You're pissed that we are successful again. You don't give a crap about the facts, or CSA, or anything else. You're pissed that WE ARE and you ain't and won't ever be. Don't EVER come here and say s**t like that and expect us to turn the other cheek. How's that for "eastern" you overalls wearing dumbass flyover hick?
You nailed it.

This AH probably knows little or nothing about the actual facts of the Sandusky scandal, but comes here to pontificate about how evil all things about Penn State are and what it will take to "redeem" ourselves. Fvck them!

Just who do these self appointed protectors of JS's victims think is responsible for what he did? The current students (then 2 to 5 years old)?, The current players? The current coaching staff? The current University admin? The PSU Alumni? The PSU football fans?

Somehow, all the pedophile acts and any "cover up" involving a former assistant coach who had been out of the program for a decade or more were all about protecting the football team and putting winning at football ahead of these victims' welfare. That was ENABLING him. WHAT? That's just ridiculous. Nobody but JS himself was responsible for his actions and nobody intentionally enabled him. Penn State's franchise could have easily withstood any embarrassment it may have suffered by exposing JS as a pedophile.

As you pointed out, if Penn State is responsible for child rape under these circumstances, several other prominent universities are equally responsible for female student rapes and all sorts of other serious crimes committed by their student athletes and/or others associated with their schools under very similar circumstances. Where is the outrage towards those schools?

Funny that all the concern and condemnation magically reaches a peak at or around game time with lesser opponents. Coincidence? I don't think so. It's a lot easier to blame the evil Penn State culture than to admit that those athletes proudly wearing their Penn State uniforms are just better than their schools' products. It's just that simple.

So as soon as I see the mouth breathers going for the pedo state BS, in one sense it makes me smile. It's their go-to when they realize they can't beat Penn State on the field. And there is nothing left than to console themselves with other than to rant about a subject they couldn't care less about.

Last edited:
Reactions: 46DavePSU

Another condescending, crappy post from a thin skinned opponent. Thanks for stopping by.

I'm kind of at a loss regarding the original post. What exactly are you upset at Franklin about? Why in the world would people in Iowa have a problem with Franklin? Did I miss something?

And what exactly are you upset at McSorely about?

This is exactly what I keep wondering. Poor little Iowa fan got his feelings hurt somehow??

What horrible act did McSorley commit which would leave a dark cloud hanging over his season? I must have missed it when he stole candy from a kid then robbed him of his lunch money. Yeah, that McSorley sure is a bad dude.

Geez man, save the faux drama for someone else.

The same McSorley that I see praying on the sideline all the time, who has crosses tattooed on his arms. What a jerk.

Reading comprehension is optional for "Easterners" I indicated I understood the reason PSU was left out by the selection committee. It was two losses obviously. But some on here immediately, and freely associated pedophilia.

Again, I never mentioned this. You guys did for whatever reason. I'm not sure how you got there. But it is interesting.

I mentioned one incident. So did your coach. I guess I'm not sure why he found it important, as did your QB, almost immediately.

Good day to you all. Someone on here made a comment about Midwestern being sensitive. I'd suggest you read through this thread again.

Reactions: kevina001
ADVERTISEMENT