ADVERTISEMENT

Win Magazine Awards

midniteride

Oct 18, 2016
I just saw that Win Magazine has announced its annual awards and that Nickal was named the Wade Schalles winner for pins. Although I am extremely pleased any time Bo or one of the other boys are so honored I have to believe that if Myles Martin or Kyle Snyder had pinned more people they should have won the award. Know what I mean?

I just saw that Win Magazine has announced its annual awards and that Nickal was named the Wade Schalles winner for pins. Although I am extremely pleased any time Bo or one of the other boys are so honored I have to believe that if Myles Martin or Kyle Snyder had pinned more people they should have won the award. Know what I mean?
Using Coach Ryan’s rationale, Myles and/or Snyder should have won it because

I don't know about anyone else but I have no idea what you mean.

Style points? :D

...didn't Martin get pinned by Bo in no doubt the most important match of Martin's career?...
...both individual AND team NCAA Championship were on the line...
...and Bo was victorious in both cases...

Last edited:
Or, perhaps his first national championship that he wrestled?
A first NCAA title is a huge match (not that I can speak from experience !) One could argue, though, that this year's match also had the team title on the line as well.

Not how we would have handled it.

Minnesota 157-HWT = 14 pins (Short 4, Wanzek 2, Pfarr 1, Krone 2, Anderson 5, Streifel 0).

Bo Nickal = 16 pins.

Another classic Jammen Fail.

tenor.gif

And with Hofstra's schedule, it must have been against top competition too. (Although he did have a win against Rutgers.)

That night it was Rutgers backup I believe.....but the powerhouse Rutgers reference is always appropriate...…..big points.... :) Ignoring the 6 losses against ranked wrestlers.....some by fall......took guts...….lots of facts ignoring.......well done.

Last edited:
Then it should go to Nolf with 16 pins and 59% by that flawed logic.

ROTFLMAO, since when does the KIng of flawed logic care about it? I hate to say this about anyone but you truly are pathetic. Time to give up your obsession with Cael and PSU and try being a wrestling fan.

If the guy for whom the award is named is more than cool about the award going to Nickal, I'm counting that for more than your opinion. Just saying.
So I guess you'd want Dan Hodge to name the Hodge Trophy winner? The problem with the Schalles award is that there are no criteria given; Although we do know that most pins and greatest pinning percentage don't count for much in determining the winner.

So I guess you'd want Dan Hodge to name the Hodge Trophy winner? The problem with the Schalles award is that there are no criteria given; Although we do know that most pins and greatest pinning percentage don't count for much in determining the winner.

It seems to bother only you. There are no criteria. Fine. Gives the award grantors some wiggle room. That's ok with me. Nickal pinning Martin in the finals to win the weight class and the team title probably didn't hurt his case.

In frozen goofer land, when one is wrong they double down and insist they are right.

Schalles actually selected the winner?

Link or it didn't happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT