ADVERTISEMENT

Willie out at Flo?

So it ended somewhat badly maybe... not douse the bridge with kerosene burn, but I’m guessing it wasn’t a 2-week notice either. Good for Willie... i gave him a fair share of criticism (directed at Flo but via Willie)... he was certainly the best one of the bunch.

So it ended somewhat badly maybe... not douse the bridge with kerosene burn, but I’m guessing it wasn’t a 2-week notice either. Good for Willie... i gave him a fair share of criticism (directed at Flo but via Willie)... he was certainly the best one of the bunch.

I think CP's quote...…."I didn't think that last Thursday's FRL would be the last one with Willie"...…...is a pretty good indication that there was no "two weeks notice". More like...…."See You Later.....I quit" ….on Saturday.....:)…. Clearly more to the story. Wishing Willie....and FLO.....the best

Reactions: diggerpup
Willie dropped a "Why i left Flo" video on Rokfin. Anyone have a subscription and want to give a report?

A man of the people dropping news behind the rokfin wall????

Weeks since flo/willie explained his departure- 1
Does this suggest Floreani was in Willie's ear? Maybe talking about a position at Rokfin? Willie going out and promoting Rokfin to wrestling folks?

Does this suggest Floreani was in Willie's ear? Maybe talking about a position at Rokfin? Willie going out and promoting Rokfin to wrestling folks?

A quick look at rokfin and it had a bunch of willie content uploaded yesterday.

Big board, crystal ball, why I left video....as i said before how flo wrestling started and what the do now wont be hard to duplicate/replicate. Hopefully it happens because competition is good for us.

Tournament rights, dual video rights probably not short term but maybe there are hidden gems out there and a way to brake through in 5 years.

#willieIPO
#willieunleashed
#eatitturk

I know guys that are friends with Willie, and on occasion have had a few beers with Willie and the boys at Dietzi Tavern. I'm certain some more information will come out from this. Knowing Willie and his passion for the sport , I would think that he will still be in the scene in some manner.
If he is not visible or active in wrestling community I would think he had signed a non compete agreement with FLO. Hence his mention of 5 years.

aka Financial Sociopaths.

My company was owned by PE for about 18 months. Fortunately, they sold us to a European Company (which has been great for work/life balance) and got out - making 80% return in the process.

Almost uniformly despicable people.
These are people that actually believe a company’s value is derived solely from its management

I don't need a reason why Willie left Flo nor does he owe us one. People leave their jobs all the time and Flo/FRL will survive without him. I will take Willie at his word that he appreciated his time there and it was time to move on. If he is smart, he already has something lined up and he won't burn any bridges because it's a small community.

Reactions: yekrut321
I don't need a reason why Willie left Flo nor does he owe us one. People leave their jobs all the time and Flo/FRL will survive without him. I will take Willie at his word that he appreciated his time there and it was time to move on. If he is smart, he already has something lined up and he won't burn any bridges because it's a small community.

The logical guess is that if he left abruptly without providing any notice, then it's too late to not burn any bridges.

The logical guess is that if he left abruptly without providing any notice, then it's too late to not burn any bridges.

Or perhaps he was given the option of "resigning" abruptly. The bridges he wants to avoid burning are those with his wrestling colleagues, not Flo HR. But again, it's none of our business. It doesn't matter

Big board, crystal ball, why I left video....as i said before how flo wrestling started and what the do now wont be hard to duplicate/replicate. Hopefully it happens because competition is good for us.

Tournament rights, dual video rights probably not short term but maybe there are hidden gems out there and a way to brake through in 5 years.

#willieIPO
#willieunleashed
#eatitturk
#willieunleashed
#eatitturk
1s3wlm.gif

so it's likely that willie got an offer from rokfin, tried to get flo to match it, which they declined, so he took the offer. it's a gamble for sure, but maybe people are willing to pay for his opinions and nothing more?

I think he missed an opportunity as he could have made his "why i feft" video public and in that tell everyone he is going to rofkin, what type of content he was going to offer, what to expect in the future, etc. and ask people to subscribe and follow him there. Instead, he just starts dumping content on there.

Interesting thread, full of gobbledygook (<-- first time that words been posted on BWI?? :):))

so it's likely that willie got an offer from rokfin, tried to get flo to match it, which they declined, so he took the offer. it's a gamble for sure, but maybe people are willing to pay for his opinions and nothing more?
Rokfin is just a platform on which anyone can dump content, and which provides the content creator a mechanism to request payment. Rokfin produces no content itself, so it's not a competitor to Flo.

Reactions: hlstone
Basically, you would be paying to see Willie's rankings and articles right now. I don't think he'll be getting too many subscribers, but maybe he adds content? I don't see how he can justify it, but we'll see.

Basically, you would be paying to see Willie's rankings and articles right now. I don't think he'll be getting too many subscribers, but maybe he adds content? I don't see how he can justify it, but we'll see.

Toss an monthly autographed sleeve of Copenhagen or 30-pack of Bud heavy in the VIP membership, and this business plan suddenly has legs.

Reactions: CropDuster507

#willieIPO
#willieunleashed
#eatitturk
So much for any non-compete. Either it doesn't exist or Floreani bought it out.

PS, getting a good laugh out of the "I don't care enough to listen to him say why, so instead I'll make up reasons" posts. Good times.

Reactions: rassling
Willie has been publicly all about Rofkin from jump street, so this makes a lot of sense. Wonder if Florani paid flo for his fancy home studio too.

Was there any truith to his shutting down one of his Twitter accounts and a propensity to voice somewhat conservative opinions? Someone posted something to this effect.

I really hope we don't find out he was ousted due to some odd tweet.

I tell you, free speech no more, it happens every day.

Last edited:
Was their any truith to his shutting down one of his Twitter accounts and a propensity to voice somewhat conservative opinions? Someone posted something to this effect.

For a little while he was making some political tweets, which I personally didn't like, but it's his account he can do what he wants. I haven't seen many of those recently, so there might have been some words said to him about it?

So much for any non-compete. Either it doesn't exist or Floreani bought it out.

PS, getting a good laugh out of the "I don't care enough to listen to him say why, so instead I'll make up reasons" posts. Good times.

Never made up a single reason why, only stated it appeared he left abruptly, which Pyles confirmed on the podcast.

Was there any truith to his shutting down one of his Twitter accounts and a propensity to voice somewhat conservative opinions? Someone posted something to this effect.

Maybe he's a never Trumper you know like in the closet lmfao.

I know guys that are friends with Willie, and on occasion have had a few beers with Willie and the boys at Dietzi Tavern. I'm certain some more information will come out from this. Knowing Willie and his passion for the sport , I would think that he will still be in the scene in some manner.
If he is not visible or active in wrestling community I would think he had signed a non compete agreement with FLO. Hence his mention of 5 years.
5 years?!? That's unconscionable. The PE jerks will have long moved on by then. If I'd finished my law degree I'd help him out pro bono.

5 years?!? That's unconscionable. The PE jerks will have long moved on by then. If I'd finished my law degree I'd help him out pro bono.
No idea whether it's accurate that the Flo guys sign non-compete clauses lasting 5 years, but they should know that courts typically won't enforce non-competes longer than 2 years. The duration of a non-compete clause must be reasonable and while duration is just one variable, the smaller the industry (like wrestling media, where anyone leaving Flo can count their options on one hand), the more sideways a court is going to look at a lengthy non-compete clause.

Even though I don't remember the exact details, it isn't gossip. The reason he moved back to Easton was mentioned on Flo Radio Live for all to hear. Anybody who actually cares why can scroll back through and listen.
I was just busting your balls about what is and isn’t our business. It’s really hard to draw a line. Sometimes I try, and then I want to redraw it soon after. :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT