ADVERTISEMENT

Willie out at Flo?

Willie was the only reason I listened to FRL and my favorite personality in the organization (outside of Joe Flo). I’m really going to miss his content but hope he ends up somewhere where he can continue to put out wrestling content. I hope he got to leave on his terms. Willie, if you’re ever in Philly, drinks on me.

After a long day of moving hay in from by back field, I stopped and brought home an 11 piece spicy, 5 biscuits, a large Mac and cheese, and a large rice and beans. In honor of Willie. But am drinking a Shiner Bock. Can’t do a Bud. Going to miss Willie on FRL. Not certain how they are going to fill his shoes. Coincidence that he probably quit after show 420?

Reactions: smalls103
I wonder if the flo team address it, since I haven't seen anything yet and Willie missing is going to be pretty obvious.

Reactions: nitlion6
Who's Number One was an idea that the wrestlers loved and the fans did as well. Willie was instrumental in building relationships with the wrestlers and making it a must-see event. Whether I agreed with him or not on FLO.....I always wanted to hear from him. I will definitely miss him on FLO and wish him the absolute best going forward. Bummed out to be honest :(

Well that sucks, I'm a regular FRL listener and Willie kinda balanced out the other goofballs. Dont always agree with all of Willie's takes but he has been awesome for the sport. Hopefully this is the start of some competition for FLO.

Willie was the only reason I listened to FRL. He was hilarious and the realest guy. He spoke from his heart, and also had me rolling with his funny antics.

Me and my boys have been to a few WNO’s at Lehigh. I don’t remember the whole story what exactly happened, but something like people were critiquing stuff about WNO and I responded to a post and said something. I have no clue what I said. I think I also said some positives things too. I mentioned my two sons wrestle and loved going to the event. Anyway Willie never met me or knows who I and told me to DM him and he will give me and my boys free tickets!!! I was like wow what an awesome thing to do. I never took him up on the offer. I just took my boys and just paid. But just wanted to say thanks Willie, that was really awesome of you and shows what type of guy you are. Good luck and I am sure you will be successful in whatever you do. You and Fretwell would make an awesome podcast team.

BTW, just in case you were wondering, Flo as a platform still has "issues." Last month, DC United cancelled their four year agreement in the first season due to Flo's technical incompetence and pricing structure which were not appreciated by the fanbase, notwithstanding the traditional "refund" remedy.

I've always appreciated the fact that Flo was a grassroots wrestling company, built and ran by wrestlers. If it's going to go all corporate, they might as well just sell it to a network.

Reactions: crablegs1
I've always appreciated the fact that Flo was a grassroots wrestling company, built and ran by wrestlers. If it's going to go all corporate, they might as well just sell it to a network.

sell it to disney plus. i'm already going to subscribe when the mandalorian comes out.

Martin, you’re a dick. Always have been.
ReliableConfusedGypsymoth-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: danoftw
I enjoyed Willie on Flo and I think he’s very competent as a high school wrestling evaluator, but I’ve always felt that he is a talent that might be destined for bigger things. His true talent is yelling over competing conversations and if he can find a way to make that work he’ll do well.

That was the saddest opening to FRL, ever. Heartfelt. Part of what makes it great is knowing it was CP, Nomad, and Willie talking smack and at the end still being homies. I liked to imagine that heated arguments carried over into other meetings, with one of them bringing up a stupid point from FRL to deem that person’s thought in the meeting stupid.

I really enjoy CP and Nomad, too. They’re great. Flo is great. Willie is great.

That was the saddest opening to FRL, ever. Heartfelt. Part of what makes it great is knowing it was CP, Nomad, and Willie talking smack and at the end still being homies. I liked to imagine that heated arguments carried over into other meetings, with one of them bringing up a stupid point from FRL to deem that person’s thought in the meeting stupid.

I really enjoy CP and Nomad, too. They’re great. Flo is great. Willie is great.

listening to an episode from the archives and they were trying to hang Willie with a prediction he made. Willie started to object and CP warned that he would retrieve the transcript.

Willie said - “we shouldn’t call this Flo Radio Live, it should be called Flo Radio Lies”.

haha

Reactions: diggerpup
I liked to imagine that heated arguments carried over into other meetings, with one of them bringing up a stupid point from FRL to deem that person’s thought in the meeting stupid.
I liked to imagine Willie in those mtgs smashing one of them with a chair and then chugging a Bud Heavy.

Probably never happened but if only it did ...

The new guy is ughhhh , not Willie. I'll just leave it at that. I think CP brought someone in that makes him not look so much like a dork

So what’d we get from FRL? Anything?

Nothing specific in terms of why Willie left. CP and nomad just said that it all was sudden but was on good terms and that their friendship is still strong and reflected on their time together over the years. CP would only mirror what Willie said himself in that it was "just his time" in regards to why he moved on. He did say in the beginning that he would speak on "what he's able to speak on" so TFWIW

ADVERTISEMENT