ADVERTISEMENT

Willie out at Flo?

Woah. That's pretty big. Betting on himself may mean he's doing something local to PA?

I set him up with Consulting Services Agreement - monthly stipend plus a Success Fee for landing recruits. The Fee ratchets up depending on the recruit’s Big Board Rating.

It’s a win-win arrangement
Landing Crookham would get Willie one year closer to retirement.

Reactions: smalls103
The Private Equity guys come in and ruin most everything and dull your passion. That Flo brand change was just the kind of nonsensical crap they do - I’m sure it’s just the tip of the iceberg.

They’ll probably wring what they can out of the Flo concept and leave it an empty husk in a few years

The Private Equity guys come in and ruin most everything and dull your passion. That Flo brand change was just the kind of nonsensical crap they do - I’m sure it’s just the tip of the iceberg.

They’ll probably wring what they can out of the Flo concept and leave it an empty husk in a few years
Agree. Flo wrestling will self destruct at some point by the pe folks. The best thing that came from it is that the concept can be supported and people want the access. Good luck, Willie.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
The flo docudrama -- that will never be made -- would be great entertainment.

Recreating what made flo wrestling great could be redone. Competition is great for fans.

Took Deadspin's new owners only months, not years. But then it's been nearly two years since Martin was pushed out, so they're already on the clock.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
Took a job with the Trump Administration.

Not exactly the administration, I've heard DJT wants the Mayor to lay low for a while. Things are pretty hot for him at the moment. Willie is going to take care of things from here. POTUS has been impressed with his work with the "S. Fund". When the Prez asks for a favor, you have to say "yes".

Edit: Since this issue may come before congress at some point in the future, you may be subpoenaed as a result of having read this post. Sorry about that. Not to worry though, you don't have to testify if you don't want to. Congressional subpoenas are like winning the disc flip at the start of the second period, you can defer if you'd like.

Last edited:
Reactions: Str8DBLz and tikk10
Willie, I enjoyed your banter and being a balance to Pile's view on some topics. The contrast will be missed, the two of you made a good team. Let us know where you are headed, and you have my thanks for your deep knowledge and many years servicing the wrestling community. You will be missed.

Agree. Flo wrestling will self destruct at some point by the pe folks. The best thing that came from it is that the concept can be supported and people want the access. Good luck, Willie.
Well it will, but not just because of the pe guys. A business model that is premised on monopolizing niche sports coverage is only gonna get you so far.

I’m hearing Willie deciding between Tic-Toc bus boy , assistant to Billman and English Department staff member at Easton, or tour guide at the Crayola Crayon Factory. Can’t wait to find out his choice

Agreed. Willie was the BEST at Flo and gave it the personality it really needed. He's gonna be missed.

Reactions: Dogwelder
Praying for you Willie. If they replace you on frl with who i think they will, i will no longer enjoy my work day.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
Maybe Willie can team up with Shane Sparks and replace Gibbons and Johnson on BTN.

Speaking of Gibbons . . .

My kid took up flag football this fall, and to my great amusement when I saw the roster, one of his teammates is named James Gibbons . . . Is it wrong of me to want to yell at him to keep his nose over his toes every time he runs by with the ball?

Speaking of Gibbons . . .

My kid took up flag football this fall, and to my great amusement when I saw the roster, one of his teammates is named James Gibbons . . . Is it wrong of me to want to yell at him to keep his nose over his toes every time he runs by with the ball?
Might not want to yell at someone else's kid to bring his hips to the party.

ADVERTISEMENT