ADVERTISEMENT

Willie Miklus Transferring to ISU

Flying_Tiger

May 27, 2011
3x AA Willie Miklus transferring from Missouri to Iowa State. ISU is going to be much improved next year as Dresser is quickly having a similar impact to when he took over at VA Tech. Cant help but support ISU, had to be tuff for their fans watching Cael leave and the program drop like it has. Always liked the idea of watching something built from the ground up. I think ISU is my new favorite 2nd team.

Last edited:
3x AA Willie Miklus transferring from Missouri to Iowa State. ISU is going to be much improved next year as Dresser is quickly having a similar impact to when he took over at VA Tech. Cant help but support ISU, had to be tuff for their fans watching Cael leave and the program drop like it has. Always liked the idea of watching something built from the ground up. I think ISU is my new favorite 2nd team.
HR will be saddened to hear you new allegiance. They have always claimed you as one of their own.:)

I am no doubt looking forward to ISU being competitive again, it's good for the state of Iowa in general.

Also, I do get a kick out of your 2nd favorite team being coached by all Hawkeyes. How cool is that Tiger?:)

Miklus turns 25 in less than a month. Still in college. Not ready to move on?
I graduated in four years at age 21 (August birthday). He will leave four years older than me.

One year Olympic redshirt, added one year due to injury. Where did the other two years come from?

I've seen on a couple of boards where people think this is a "recruiting" move. However, from an article Jason Bryant referenced, he loves Mizzou, but his Dad has Lou Gehrigs disease so he wants to be able to visit frequently, and ISU is close to home. Have to respect and appreciate that.

As to his years, this will be 6th. Went to Olympic training center 2012/2013 out of high school, redshirted following year (injured), was hurt 2017 and is 3 time AA (2015/6/8).

Miklus turns 25 in less than a month. Still in college. Not ready to move on?
I graduated in four years at age 21 (August birthday). He will leave four years older than me.

One year Olympic redshirt, added one year due to injury. Where did the other two years come from?

I believe he already completed his Masters at Mizzu. Willie a great young man and being close to his father and the rest of his family is a big deal to him at this time. His father is suffering from ALS and he wants to be closer to home. I have only met his dad a few times but he sure seemed like a great guy. We are very excited to have a young man with his credentials and character in Ames.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
ADVERTISEMENT