ADVERTISEMENT

Williamsport HS running back Trey Potts verbally commits to Minnesota

SaquonCappelletti

Dec 3, 2016

He was injured last year, but ran for 2,000-plus yards and had 36 touchdowns two years ago as a sophomore. Figured it was worth a thread because Potts was an in-state prospect and had taken several visits to Penn State, but I don't think he had an offer.

Minnesota does not have any Pennsylvania natives on its current roster.

He was injured last year, but ran for 2,000-plus yards and had 36 touchdowns two years ago as a sophomore. Figured it was worth a threat because Potts was an in-state prospect and had taken several visits to Penn State, but I don't think he had an offer.

Minnesota does not have any Pennsylvania natives on its current roster.

Who/what are you threatening?? :)

Pet peeve of mine — kids that want to be "apart" of something.

APART means a separation from something.

A PART is a fraction of the whole.

So being apart pretty much means not being a part. Yet I think almost every single one of these tweets from recruits gets it wrong.

I'm a math guy, not a word guy, so I probably shouldn't be critical of anyone else's vocabulary. I probably make similar errors daily. This is one I notice repeatedly though and thought I'd stick my neck out this time.

So being apart pretty much means not being a part. Yet I think almost every single one of these tweets from recruits gets it wrong.

I'm a math guy, not a word guy, so I probably shouldn't be critical of anyone else's vocabulary. I probably make similar errors daily. This is one I notice repeatedly though and thought I'd stick my neck out this time.
Fair point, but that's about the least egregious error I see in recruits' commitment announcements. Some of these kids need to find a proofreader in the English department at school or something.

Reactions: bison13

LOL MJG, Thanksgiving is usually when the "turkeys" lay their neck out. :)

I have typos all the time. I’m with you on vocabulary pet peeves...

Whatever. I could care less.

Its interesting this kid had 3 ivy league offers, MAC Level Schools, Syracuse, Temple, Rutgers, & Virginia. Now I know that he had been injured, but seriously why wouldn't Pitt offer this kid.

I'm sure that you have to take these "offers" with a grain of salt, I'm sure some have never been verified if the school really extended an offer or not. To me, it makes you shake your head as to what the heck Duzz is doing.

Not that I really care, but a kid from Central PA that commits to Minny and Pitt hasn't even offered him?

Congrats to the kid and best of Luck to him! Long way to go from home.

Reactions: LionJim
https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Treyson-Potts-99317/RecruitInterests/

I'm surprised Pitt didn't offer. This kid is really good. If it weren't for all the depth PSU has at running back, I'd be disappointed PSU didn't offer.
It seems Pitt has thrown in its towel when it comes to recruiting in state talent. Most of their current commits are from the south. Congratulations to the kids for landing scholarship offers but there weren't many P5 schools on their offer sheets. Apparently prep coaches in PA have learned Dooz is an idiot.

It seems Pitt has thrown in its towel when it comes to recruiting in state talent. Most of their current commits are from the south. Congratulations to the kids for landing scholarship offers but there weren't many P5 schools on their offer sheets. Apparently prep coaches in PA have learned Dooz is an idiot.
Could be that Pitt tried to talk to him and he told them to get lost.

Time to whip out this oldie (1992) but a goodie:

Candidate for a Pullet Surprise
by Mark Eckman and Jerrold H. Zar

I have a spelling checker,
It came with my PC.
It plane lee marks four my revue
Miss steaks aye can knot sea.

Eye ran this poem threw it,
Your sure reel glad two no.
Its vary polished in it's weigh.
My checker tolled me sew.

A checker is a bless sing,
It freeze yew lodes of thyme.
It helps me right awl stiles two reed,
And aides me when eye rime.

Each frays come posed up on my screen
Eye trussed too bee a joule.
The checker pours o'er every word
To cheque sum spelling rule.

Bee fore a veiling checker's
Hour spelling mite decline,
And if we're lacks oar have a laps,
We wood bee maid too wine.

Butt now bee cause my spelling
Is checked with such grate flare,
Their are know fault's with in my cite,
Of nun eye am a wear.

Now spelling does knot phase me,
It does knot bring a tier.
My pay purrs awl due glad den
With wrapped word's fare as hear.

To rite with care is quite a feet
Of witch won should bee proud,
And wee mussed dew the best wee can,
Sew flaw's are knot aloud.

Sow ewe can sea why aye dew prays
Such soft wear four pea seas,
And why eye brake in two averse
Buy righting want too pleas.

You all need to stop whinning about grammer and spelling. Its rediculous. Your nothing but a bunch of pedants.

Reactions: MJG-90
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT