ADVERTISEMENT

Will USC really hire a coach that is 2-14 lifetime vs Top Ten Teams?

The answer to the thread title is I hope so and please dear god let it happen
If it wasn’t the fact that I have been a Penn State fan for almost 50 years, and I want to see them do well, I would almost wish some of you a holes would get your wish and program tanks. Some of you act like it cannot get much much worse.

Nebraska is a perfect example of thinking a change would get them better. Bo Pelini is still laughing at them. They have won 9 games once since they canned him.

Reactions: doctornick
If it wasn’t the fact that I have been a Penn State fan for almost 50 years, and I want to see them do well, I would almost wish some of you a holes would get your wish and program tanks. Some of you act like it cannot get much much worse.

Nebraska is a perfect example of thinking a change would get them better. Bo Pelini is still laughing at them. They have won 9 games once since they canned him.
Irrelevant

Speaking of USC, how many wins against top 10 teams did Pete Carroll have when USC hired him?

Ed Orgeron had a losing record. USC hires post Carroll we’re head scratchers. Once sanctions hit, they took a big step back but didn’t have the resilience to absorb it like PSU. I don’t think they’ll F up the next hire though.

JAMES FRANKLIN

vs. Top 25 Opponents —
11-14 at Penn State, 1-7 at Vanderbilt, 12-21 overall. 6-3 since 2019, 11-10 since 2016. 2-8 in true road games against Top 25 opponents, 5-10 counting road, bowl and neutral site games.

vs. Top 10 Opponents — 2-8 at Penn State, 0-5 at Vanderbilt, 2-13 overall. Wins came in 2016: a 24-21 upset of No. 2 Ohio State at home, and a win over No. 6 Wisconsin in the Big Ten title game in Indianapolis.

vs. Top 5 Opponents — 1-5 at Penn State, 0-3 at Vanderbilt, 1-8 overall. The win? That 2016 upset of Ohio State in a Beaver Stadium Whiteout.
You really make a stupid-irrelevant argument. It shows you really don't know where this team has been and where they're heading. If you take the (2-8 vs Top-10) for instance, most of the losses are to Ohio State which has been the best team in the Big Ten for over the past 10 years. When Franklin took over we were losing more than winning against Michigan, Michigan State, Wisconsin Iowa and we had about 50 scholarship players. We've now clearly distanced ourselves from everyone in the Big Ten except Ohio State which we're closer to matching up with than ever before. You can keep posting crap that displays your need to blame for what you don't understand and we'll keep knowing that your talking out of your posterior.

Reactions: MaconNitt
There was a thread where Wally claimed it was OBrien that recruited McSorley, Barkley and the rest of the top 2016 players. He is either a master troll or an idiot
I'll go with idiot, he is probably not even master of his domain :rolleyes:

JAMES FRANKLIN

vs. Top 25 Opponents —
11-14 at Penn State, 1-7 at Vanderbilt, 12-21 overall. 6-3 since 2019, 11-10 since 2016. 2-8 in true road games against Top 25 opponents, 5-10 counting road, bowl and neutral site games.

vs. Top 10 Opponents — 2-8 at Penn State, 0-5 at Vanderbilt, 2-13 overall. Wins came in 2016: a 24-21 upset of No. 2 Ohio State at home, and a win over No. 6 Wisconsin in the Big Ten title game in Indianapolis.

vs. Top 5 Opponents — 1-5 at Penn State, 0-3 at Vanderbilt, 1-8 overall. The win? That 2016 upset of Ohio State in a Beaver Stadium Whiteout.
Removing the blue and white glasses, there are concerns over what you point out. That said, I think USC has shown over the years that they will literally hire anyone to be their football coach.

They’ll also likely fire just about everyone within 3-5 years. ;)

There was a thread where Wally claimed it was OBrien that recruited McSorley, Barkley and the rest of the top 2016 players. He is either a master troll or an idiot
O'Brien never recruited McSorley. He was responsible for Barkely, Godwin, Hamilton, Gesicki, Thompkins and just about every other key player on those teams except Grant Haley.

• Haha
Reactions: Lion8286
The program was not dead when he took it over. It was trending up. If anything Franklin held it back in his first two years. They were set for a playoff run in 2014 before Franklin showed up with his clown car of bumbling idiots (Donovan, Rahne, Hand, Gattis).
I give you credit. You keep raising (or lowering) the bar on stupidity. It has reached new heights (or depths).

Reactions: Pittston-Lion
I give you credit. You keep raising (or lowering) the bar on stupidity. It has reached new heights (or depths).
No way he means it, he’s just trying to get a reaction. No one could be that dumb.

You realize that Yurcich and Pry would probably go with him unless one of them gets the PSU job? I don't want this to happen. PSU may insist on HC experience and we will be starting over
If he goes he goes, PSU will be fine and attract another top flight coach. Fickell would probably love to get his shot at OSU yearly.. That being said, I'd much rather JF stay and continue to develop this thing..

Last edited:
Has anyone seen USC play this year? They're an absolute embarrassment.

Whoever they get will have to totally rebuild that program. I actually think they are going to have a difficult time finding a top tier coach who wants to take that mess on. It's going to take a few years minimum before that gets turned around.

Did some digging, crazy that we have only beat 3 top 5 teams since joining the Big Ten.
And Arizona in 1999 was most decidedly not a top 5 team.

0-11 on the road since beating Michigan in 1994.
Arizona was as much a top 5 team in 1999 as Iowa is a top 5 team in 2021

Reactions: fairfaxlion2
JAMES FRANKLIN

vs. Top 25 Opponents —

If this board is truly going away and paying $99.99 a year to stop from reading garbage like this. Count me in.

The program was not dead when he took it over. It was trending up. If anything Franklin held it back in his first two years. They were set for a playoff run in 2014 before Franklin showed up with his clown car of bumbling idiots (Donovan, Rahne, Hand, Gattis).
You win the post for the most moronic post ever. If they were truly set up for a playoff run in 2014 why the hell did you hero, O’Brien leave? The fact is that O’Brien parlayed Paterno’s leftover players into 2 decent seasons and an NFL head coaching job which is what he had his eye on from the minute he set foot in Happy Valley. Anyone who thinks Franklin had more talent in 2014 than O’Brien did in 2012 and 2013 is dumber than a rock.

Finebaum was just on the DP Show ten minutes ago. Said Penn State better “get out the yellow pages to look for a new coach”….like it was a forgone conclusion

Finebaum was just on the DP Show ten minutes ago. Said Penn State better “get out the yellow pages to look for a new coach”….like it was a forgone conclusion
Well if that idiot said that we will have Franklin in house for a long time.

O'Brien and his staff, before Erickson and Joyner forced them out, thought the 2014 team had a great chance run the table. Franklin showed up with his boys and ran the offense into the ground.
O'Brien was forced out? Where the heck did you get that from?

JAMES FRANKLIN

vs. Top 25 Opponents —

just watch them

The more we hear about "Franklin to (fill in the blank)" from the national media, the more convinced I am that Franklin is staying at PSU.

IF and that's a big IF, Franklin (meaning his agent) were involved in legitimate discussions with other schools, there is no way either party would be leaking that to the to any of these media a$$wipes.

In fact, the more we hear about it from the national media, the more I realize the "leaks" are coming from Franklin's agent as an effort to help sweeten the deal at PSU. I am not necessarily talking about Franklin's salary, either. Just as much a chance of him using the leverage to obtain more money for assistants, facilities, etc.

I really really doubt that Mr SEC has any ACCURATE information regarding the USC job search.

Can someone please make me a moderator so I can ban the person who made this post?

Reactions: LaJollaLion
Can someone please make me a moderator so I can ban the person who made this post?
You may not like what some people post. I'd like to remind you that our country was founded on freedom of speech. Please let me know if you would like a history lesson on the hundreds of millions of people that have lost their life due to dictators who removed freedom to speak.

You may not like what some people post. I'd like to remind you that our country was founded on freedom of speech. Please let me know if you would like a history lesson on the hundreds of millions of people that have lost their life due to dictators who removed freedom to speak.
You seem barely qualified to walk, never mind give a history lesson when you cite the first amendment on a privately owned football board. Good job, thanks for confirming what most already knew.

And no they shouldn't ban your for having dumb opinions either. According to your post, USC would have 2 choices...Dabo or Saban....brilliant stuff.

dumb, da da dumb

You seem barely qualified to walk, never mind give a history lesson when you cite the first amendment on a privately owned football board. Good job, thanks for confirming what most already knew.

And no they shouldn't ban your for having dumb opinions either. According to your post, USC would have 2 choices...Dabo or Saban....brilliant stuff.

dumb, da da dumb

Wanna opine? Stop reading inbetween the lines, do your research and provide facts.

Typical Liberal.

Wanna opine? Stop reading inbetween the lines, do your research and provide facts.

Typical Liberal.
Do your research? Lol, people that throw that line out tend to be the dumbest knuckle dragging people around. What research did you really do? Facebook is your idea of research. I’m an independent you moron. So GFY or show me the 10-20 coaches you have ahead of Franklin.

• Haha
Reactions: tsgill and Nitt1300
The more we hear about "Franklin to (fill in the blank)" from the national media, the more convinced I am that Franklin is staying at PSU.

IF and that's a big IF, Franklin (meaning his agent) were involved in legitimate discussions with other schools, there is no way either party would be leaking that to the to any of these media a$$wipes.

In fact, the more we hear about it from the national media, the more I realize the "leaks" are coming from Franklin's agent as an effort to help sweeten the deal at PSU. I am not necessarily talking about Franklin's salary, either. Just as much a chance of him using the leverage to obtain more money for assistants, facilities, etc.

I really really doubt that Mr SEC has any ACCURATE information regarding the USC job search.
Yes they will

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT