ADVERTISEMENT

Will PSU be the only B1G team to lose their bowl game?

RickinDayton

May 29, 2001
PSU with so many opt outs at key positions with limited experience back ups playing in critical spots.

How confident are you that the staff will be able to develop a victorious game plan and have the backups ready to contribute?

Not an ideal situation but I am kind of excited to see what the younger players can do and if the staff can adjust.

Georgia will beat Michigan.

I'd be surprised if Rutgers beats Wake.

Ohio State has a ton of opt-outs and Utah has none. Pick Utah.

Not sold on Iowa over Kentucky.

We are hardly alone in the opt-out business.

Georgia will beat Michigan.

I'd be surprised if Rutgers beats Wake.

Ohio State has a ton of opt-outs and Utah has none. Pick Utah.

Not sold on Iowa over Kentucky.

We are hardly alone in the opt-out business.
Rutgers winning would be a huge embarrassment to the ACC. Even a close game! A B2G bottom dwellers beating the conference runner up...... crazy it’s even possible. No idea how they match up or what the opt outs situation is or the Covid twist. Hard as it will be to root for Rutgers....hoping Rutgers pulls it off.

Last edited:
Reactions: LemonEars
Rutgers winning be a huge embarrassment to the ACC. Even a close game! A B2G bottom dwellers beating the conference runner up...... crazy it’s even possible. No idea how they match up or what the opt outs situation is or the Covid twist. Hard as it will be to root for Rutgers....hoping Rutgers pulls it off.
Just ran across this stat -- ACC is 1-15 in the last 16 bowl games by conference teams

Yikes.

PSU with so many opt outs at key positions with limited experience back ups playing in critical spots.

How confident are you that the staff will be able to develop a victorious game plan and have the backups ready to contribute?

Not an ideal situation but I am kind of excited to see what the younger players can do and if the staff can adjust.
No

If Michigan can run the ball they will hang tough. Big if, but could happen. When Michigan can run they are very good with play action passing game.
Michigan will beat UGA. No offense with UGA and UM just needs to pound the rock. Don’t get fancy and UGA will fade in second half.

Reactions: SYRCHAZ
SEC is 1-5 this year so far in bowls which is surprising
Have to consider the match ups. Big and Sec historically have tough match ups.
The ACC conf winner playing a Big 3rd place division team should favor the ACC in an even world.

Who Cares. There are only 3 games left that matter anyway regarding wins or losses that.matter. What I would like to see is many of these young defensive lineman play. As well as continued development of the Penn State offense particularly Kevon Lee running and catching passes out of the backfield and several new wide receivers...joining Parker and Keandre. Anxious to see Fashanu ... Achumba....Tengwall...and the TEs.. get snaps... etc

Last edited:
Reactions: RickinDayton

Not feeling good about OSU against Utah. I think on paper OSU is better. However the opt outs and the fact that OSU had to "settle" for the Rose Bowl as opposed to Utah striving for it leaves OSU in a bad place psychologically.

Not feeling good about OSU against Utah. I think on paper OSU is better. However the opt outs and the fact that OSU had to "settle" for the Rose Bowl as opposed to Utah striving for it leaves OSU in a bad place psychologically.
Plus, Utah is really really physical. Interesting matchup for sure.

Plus, Utah is really really physical. Interesting matchup for sure.
Not really buying the "OSU is not physical" thing. That came up after the UM game. Any number of OSU players had the flu during that game and that drains you. Not an excuse but is a possible explanation. We'll see.

Not really buying the "OSU is not physical" thing. That came up after the UM game. Any number of OSU players had the flu during that game and that drains you. Not an excuse but is a possible explanation. We'll see.
I’m not saying OSU is not physical. I’m saying Utah is a very physical team which will make the matchup interesting.

Rutgers hanging tough, they got boned on a PI call which allowed Wake to drive for a FG

How many starters did OSU have opted out?

• Haha
Reactions: Lion8286
images
Michigan will beat UGA. No offense with UGA and UM just needs to pound the rock. Don’t get fancy and UGA will fade in second half.

ADVERTISEMENT