ADVERTISEMENT

Will Penn State Dominate in 2023?

Willie posted a while ago his "2023 Projections" and had PSU at 122 without RBY. Add RBY at #1 with his scoring system and we're at 144. That being said, he had some good performances by the younglings.

Howard - 5th at 125
Bartlett - 2nd at 141
Van Ness - 6th at 149
Facundo - 5th at 165

None of those projections seem ridiculous all in all (except maybe Bartlett at 2nd) when you consider they were all blue chip recruits that Cael handpicked and they now all have extensive time in the room but they're all still unproven against top competition. But he also had Kerkvliet at 4th and Max Dean at 6th and nothing at 157 (I believe Levi can be an AA at 157 next year since the class is pretty open after Carr and maybe a healthy AOC)

Reactions: Antaeus
Zero Doubt about it! Until Cael and company leave, PSU will be tough to beat.

giphy.gif

I supported Josiah's stated goal to gain more YouTube subscribers than Flo. Seems like a worthwhile enough cause.

Sure, Josiah may love to toss himself a softball question, which he can summarily hit out the park. Still, I like the pace, energy, and length of his videos. They're not overproduced, but still professional enough. He's grown on me enough to subscribe.

Let's have some fun though
RoHo - 5th
RBY - 1st
Bartlett - 5th
SVN - 3rd
Haines - 5th
Facundo - 5th
Starocci - 1st
Brooks - 1st
Dean - 1st
Kerkvliet - 1st

153.5 before bonus.

None of those placements individually would shock anyone but getting everyone to do it on the same weekend is what's obviously challenging.

Reactions: jschrantz and mcpat
Ohio State has recruited very well and there is smoke they are trending with Chittum, can see them picking us off one or two years (like Iowa in 2021) but they don't develop and perform at our level in March bottom line. Their current core will produce some studs that'll be high AA's though (Bouzakis, Mendez are very good but Feldman is a guaranteed stud) Rocco Welsh should just be a good one also. I think Shumate peaked early (he was once the #1 kid in his class) Sasso and Kharchla will be young but Sasso isn't progressing much IMO. Kharchla will be a contender for the next 3 years.

What’s the Buckeyes lineup look like in three yrs? Won’t Sasso be gone in a year? I coextensive a big 2023 class for PSU that should be ready to go in 2024.

What’s the Buckeyes lineup look like in three yrs? Won’t Sasso be gone in a year? I coextensive a big 2023 class for PSU that should be ready to go in 2024.
Guessing:
125 - Kilkeary
133 - Bouzakis
141 - Mendez
149 - Gavin Brown (unless they find another recruit)
157 - Gallagher
165 - Kharchla
174 - Welsh
184 - ?? (maybe Geog 174, Welsh 184?)
197 - Shumate
285 - Feldman

Possibility of Gonzales 133, Bouzakis 141, Mendez 149. Or D'Emilio goes 141/149.

Kharchla would be the only SR that year. Gallagher and Gonazles would be JRs.

Ryan just needs to replace the mat with paper, where that lineup looks almost unbeatable.

Guessing:
125 - Kilkeary
133 - Bouzakis
141 - Mendez
149 - Gavin Brown (unless they find another recruit)
157 - Gallagher
165 - Kharchla
174 - Welsh
184 - ?? (maybe Geog 174, Welsh 184?)
197 - Shumate
285 - Feldman

Possibility of Gonzales 133, Bouzakis 141, Mendez 149. Or D'Emilio goes 141/149.

Kharchla would be the only SR that year. Gallagher and Gonazles would be JRs.

Ryan just needs to replace the mat with paper, where that lineup looks almost unbeatable.
Chittum at 149 is the word. There's also rumblings Mason Gibson likes them a ton.

Summary… yes.
Way too early--- but with RBY coming back next year, I DO see PSU winning another NCAA title! However, closer than you might think. In fact, I see the dual meet & BIG TEN tourney as toss ups with IOWA. In the dual, I see Spencer Lee, Woods, Murin & Kennedy being favored for Iowa and then toss up matches with Warner/ Dean & Kerkvilet/ Cassioppi. Bonus points from RBY, Starocci & Brooks hopefully deciding the match in Penn State' favor. (Of course-- this is based on HAINES & VAN NESS being the "real deal's" -- and Facundo somehow getting ALOT BETTER over the summer???

Way too early--- but with RBY coming back next year, I DO see PSU winning another NCAA title! However, closer than you might think. In fact, I see the dual meet & BIG TEN tourney as toss ups with IOWA. In the dual, I see Spencer Lee, Woods, Murin & Kennedy being favored for Iowa and then toss up matches with Warner/ Dean & Kerkvilet/ Cassioppi. Bonus points from RBY, Starocci & Brooks hopefully deciding the match in Penn State' favor. (Of course-- this is based on HAINES & VAN NESS being the "real deal's" -- and Facundo somehow getting ALOT BETTER over the summer???
Facundo just won a national title in free and was named the OW, not sure he needs to get “ALOT BETTER”.

Murin over Van Ness?

ADVERTISEMENT