ADVERTISEMENT

Will Clifford Start this weekend

I think the gap between Allar & Clifford has closed a bit but I still think Clifford gives the team the best chance to win. This is about the team winning, not stars or sentiments.
Clifford has really struggled as the season progresses the last 3 seasons. He doesn't seem to have the durability both physically and mentally. He appears to let the seasons overly grind him down.

Reactions: Jerry
I think the gap between Allar & Clifford has closed a bit but I still think Clifford gives the team the best chance to win. This is about the team winning, not stars or sentiments.
Clifford has really struggled as the season progresses the last 3 seasons. He doesn't seem to have the durability both physically and mentally. He appears to let the seasons overly grind him down.
You guys are crazy. Absolute bonkers.

Seriously dude, who do you want to start? Who is a better QB on the roster than Sean Clifford? Seriously who?
Will Levis doesn't play here anymore. Matt McGloin is typically on the sidelines for games but I think his eligibility is expired.
Veilleaux amd Allar are better than Clifford. Its pretty obvious.

If Cliff is healthy, he will start vs. MINN. If we win, he continues to start vs. OSU.
If we lose, he will still get the start vs. OSU. If he does not, Franklin risks losing the locker-room at that point by benching a Senior & Captain. Starting Allar vs. OSU is almost admitting a loss...just to get the rookie meaningful snaps.
If Cliff beats OSU, he keeps starting. IF we lose to OSU...all bet's are off...

Reactions: PSU2UNC
Seriously dude, who do you want to start? Who is a better QB on the roster than Sean Clifford? Seriously who?
Will Levis doesn't play here anymore. Matt McGloin is typically on the sidelines for games but I think his eligibility is expired.
Will Levis was #2 here behind Clifford and is a possible 1st round pick in April. I think that kinda sums it up

If Cliff is healthy, he will start vs. MINN. If we win, he continues to start vs. OSU.
If we lose, he will still get the start vs. OSU. If he does not, Franklin risks losing the locker-room at that point by benching a Senior & Captain. Starting Allar vs. OSU is almost admitting a loss...just to get the rookie meaningful snaps.
If Cliff beats OSU, he keeps starting. IF we lose to OSU...all bet's are off...
Cliff is not beating OSU lol

As a starter the last three years he is 16-12 and 2-7 vs ranked opponents. He has only passed for over 250 yards in 9 games....So no he shouldn't start there is no upside from him. He shouldn't have been a starter for 3 years...He is not a winner

As a starter the last three years he is 16-12 and 2-7 vs ranked opponents. He has only passed for over 250 yards in 9 games....So no he shouldn't start there is no upside from him. He shouldn't have been a starter for 3 years...He is not a winner
People on here are happy with that record. Heard 1 person say that Clifford is a better QB than McSorely was. Wild.

As a starter the last three years he is 16-12 and 2-7 vs ranked opponents. He has only passed for over 250 yards in 9 games....So no he shouldn't start there is no upside from him. He is not a winner
People on here are happy with that record. Heard 1 person say that Clifford is a better QB than McSorely was. Wild.
Better than McSorely now that is laughable!

Will Levis was #2 here behind Clifford and is a possible 1st round pick in April. I think that kinda sums it up
Charlie Ward won the Heisman at FSU and never played a down in the NFL. College and pro are not the same thing (and Levis' draft stock is inflated, but I wish him the best).

• Haha
Reactions: Westcoast24
the thing about Levis is, I do not fault the coaches at PSU

he came in to that one game vs OSU and looked good for about five minutes, mostly running. when he had to throw he looked really bad. not good at all. so it did not appear to anyone, ar that time, that he should be ahead of Clifford. anyone who says otherwise is not being honest about it
That’s why they’re coaches, to see potentialities. Part of the job.

Reactions: dailybuck777
Agreed - not a winner at this level.

Maybe I missed something but the only Trace comment I saw was "Allar needs to be better than Trace" or something along those lines which is true because Trace wasn't an elite/great QB.

Maybe I missed something but the only Trace comment I saw was "Allar needs to be better than Trace" or something along those lines which is true because Trace wasn't an elite/great QB.
It was on a different thread. Said McSorely was bad, and Clifford has been better over his career lol.

It was on a different thread. Said McSorely was bad.

Their career QB ratings are almost identical. Clifford's been better this year than McSorley's only year without Saquon. I wouldn't say McSorley was "bad" but he wasn't much better than Clifford if we're being honest. They're both "meh". Trace won more games as he had a better team around him.

But, yeah, I'd say Trace > Clifford but it's closer than you want to believe

And Levi’s’ team is going to likely be 8-4 at best this year without the toughest schedule in the world.

Reactions: knickslions
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT