ADVERTISEMENT

Will Beaver Stadium be full when Auburn comes to town? I don't even know how to speculate.

They’re rich and it’s their money. They may be morons but that doesn’t matter.

Even if they are rich, which you don't really know, it is a really stupid way to drop $2k in two days. And I don't really define "rich" as having two thousand dollars to spend.

Reactions: cment
I'll take under 30-40% for the max...they didn’t have close to that many fans.
Your right, I over shot that. I just have memories of the ORV lot and their Prevost buses. It is still the largest attended game for an opponent fan base I have witnessed since I started attending games in 97.

It will be allowed to be full.
Should be, but allow for conference or PSU regs to nullify any other local or state regs. State College Boro has already decided we're masking and limiting gatherings to protect the most vulnerable. To infinity and beyond. We care more.

Reactions: psu00
Yeah I'm sure they are all geniuses
Guy I knew from HS bought a hunting camp around Mifflinburg for the purpose. I don't know what he paid for it but he can name his price and pick who he wants to stay there, or go for the money, whatever. 192 is the golden road. And they ain't selling those DNR camps much anymore. Certainly not selling land for any new ones.

If you live in Allentown or NJ or Philly it beats getting home at dawn's early light.

Last edited:
Here is my opinion:

PSU is going to do everything to get fans back in the stadium. It is in their financial interest.

The core issue is they have outsourced all parking and ticket management to third parties whohave improved over the years, are still lacking compared to the locals that used to do the same job.

These 3rd party firms may have a hard time, just like any other business, to hire PT people (or the same competent employees from year past) to make sure things run smoothly.

My guess is that we are going to have. 107k in the stands, but there is going to be restrictions:

-masks while not eating
-no “we are.....” chants
-No singing
-limited concessions
-the poor section attendants are going to get earful from the Karen’s out in the sections who are reporting violations.

it is going to be a no win situation.

there are rumors that ORV will not resume until 2022 because of mitigation issues and, more so, appropriate staffing of people that know what they are doing.

Reactions: WaylonJ
Here is my opinion:

PSU is going to do everything to get fans back in the stadium. It is in their financial interest.

The core issue is they have outsourced all parking and ticket management to third parties whohave improved over the years, are still lacking compared to the locals that used to do the same job.

These 3rd party firms may have a hard time, just like any other business, to hire PT people (or the same competent employees from year past) to make sure things run smoothly.

My guess is that we are going to have. 107k in the stands, but there is going to be restrictions:

-masks while not eating
-no “we are.....” chants
-No singing
-limited concessions
-the poor section attendants are going to get earful from the Karen’s out in the sections who are reporting violations.

it is going to be a no win situation.

there are rumors that ORV will not resume until 2022 because of mitigation issues and, more so, appropriate staffing of people that know what they are doing.
Man, you are a negative Nellie!

Reactions: PSUFBFAN
Man, you are a negative Nellie!
PSU may or may not care. SC Boro is all-in on protecting the most vulnerable. Their words, not mine. Who knows what getting around downtown will look like if there is any attendance allowed at all.

This is after the state decided we can live again, but not good enough for SC Borough. We're better. You will come to heel until we tell you otherwise.

One-party town, no dissent, much like Our Mother Dear with Thee.

Agree...wasn’t anywhere close to that %. Their fans (and ours for that matter) did have to do some re-routing due to flooding.
Always thought teams/fans that wear red are given an artificial bump in the visitors attendance count, just because of the visual impact against the blue and white. I recall they did travel well though.

Also, I know a lot of AL "fans" in PA that have never actually stepped foot in the state of AL. This dates back before their current string of success. I could never quite understand that.

With the mitigation attempts being removed/relaxed currently I think the stadium will be allowed to operate at 100% capacity in the fall. It's the middle of May and a lot of stores in my area have already publicly stated that fully vaccinated people do not have to wear masks in their stores. This is coming to an end and quickly. I think in another month all of the stores in my area will lift all mask restrictions. By September I expect PA to be operating at full capacity. The state of PA is 9th in vaccine rollout and are doing very well in this regard.

From what I can gather around the internet Auburn fans are very excited about this game and are jacked to visit Beaver Stadium.

What kind of idiot pays $1,000 per night for any hotel in or around State College? Whoever does that is the poster child of a complete money moron

The skeptic in me did not believe this.....so I checked.

The Hyatt is already sold out for the Auburn weekend and their website directed me to a Best Western, which is going for, on average, about $1000/night.

Un-fukin-believable!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT