ADVERTISEMENT

Will Beaver Stadium be full when Auburn comes to town? I don't even know how to speculate.

If allowed it will be full. Sadly Auburn fans will buy every available tix from those afraid or looking to make some $$$$. We will be in our seats. F Auburn.
Just like when Alabama came up, AND they drove up through a hurricane to get to State college. They filled about 30-40% of the stadium.

I personally know 15 people coming up there tickets or not. Auburn hasn't played in a Big 10 Ten stadium since 1931.

They had auburn in 1931? Why would Alabamy have needed a college back then? Oh, right, It’s auburn.

o_O

I personally know 15 people coming up there tickets or not. Auburn hasn't played in a Big 10 Ten stadium since 1931.
A sales rep. for a company we do business with is an Auburn grad, and he said he'll be in Beaver Stadium come hell or high water. He lives in Illinois now. His family and friends are coming up from Alabama to meet him too. He said that there is great interest from Auburn fans.

Last edited:
5776cddbfd82a92f266f8b38e2357671.jpg

I’m confident The Wolf will have a well-reasoned stadium capacity plan by then.

Last edited:
A sales rep. for a company we do business with is an Auburn grad, and he said he'll be in Beaver Stadium come hell or high water. He lives in Illinois now. His family and friends are coming up from Alabama to meet him too. He said that there is great interest from Auburn fans.
There really is. A guy on our message board is organizing a tailgate for the game. Says he's got 60 confirmed to be there....

I think you're right. The public interest in this game is gonna be ginormous. Can't believe Auburn has not played in a B1G stadium since 1931. That's absurd.
Yeah, we've had home-&-homes with the Pac-12, ACC, and Big 12 over the years. Just not the Big 10 for whatever reason. We did have a series with Nebraska in 1981-1982 but they were Big 8 then I believe.

There really is. A guy on our message board is organizing a tailgate for the game. Says he's got 60 confirmed to be there....
Hope they have places to stay. Prices will likely be ridiculous with 2 night minimum stays. It’s bad enough in most years but, (if our governor and the Big ten actually allow a full stadium- which isn’t a given), I have a feeling the hotels are going to be really expensive this year.

Hope they have places to stay. Prices will likely be ridiculous with 2 night minimum stays. It’s bad enough in most years but, (if our governor and the Big ten actually allow a full stadium- which isn’t a given), I have a feeling the hotels are going to be really expensive this year.
People I know coming are staying in Philly or Pittsburgh and Harrisburg. Don't know of anyone staying in State College. 1 couple is staying in Hershey.

Any of you guys go to the bowl games when we played each other? I went to the Citrus Bowls when we played you guys and Michigan. I couldn't believe how many fans PSU and Michigan had in Orlando for those games. Michigan fans were obnoxious. But, that was 20 years ago when their program was good. I just remember trying to converse with some of their fans and the arrogance was astounding.

People I know coming are staying in Philly or Pittsburgh and Harrisburg. Don't know of anyone staying in State College. 1 couple is staying in Hershey.
Prices there will be better. The drive from the Harrisburg/ Hershey area is roughly 1.5 hrs. It’s about 2-2.5 hours from Pittsburgh and 3 hrs from Philly. That’s without traffic which will be bad on game day- depending on the time of the game.

It might be better to stay in Harrisburg/ Hershey than Philly as you’ll drive through here on the way to State College from Philly. (That’s assuming they aren’t taking in Philly tourist sites as part of the trip).

Reactions: Ontovictory
Any of you guys go to the bowl games when we played each other? I went to the Citrus Bowls when we played you guys and Michigan. I couldn't believe how many fans PSU and Michigan had in Orlando for those games. Michigan fans were obnoxious. But, that was 20 years ago when their program was good. I just remember trying to converse with some of their fans and the arrogance was astounding.
We were at the ‘96 Outback bowl against Auburn. Had a great time in some not so great weather. There was a lot of rain but it was Florida so not the same as sitting through a game in the cold rain or snow in January in Pennsylvania.

Reactions: Ontovictory
watching the local nightly news.... counties around State College range from 22-41% fully vaccinated. The best way to ensure a full crowd is to have a high percentage vaccinated. If you aren't getting vaccinated, you are hurting the chances for a full house.

I was at the Citrus Bowl game. Odd day. Offense couldn't get moving. Rained like crazy the night before.

Wise move, as price gouging will be in full force in State College. $700 for the two nights will be on the cheaper end of the scale.

Reactions: psu00

Yeah, Michigan fans are probably the worst. They haven't won a game that's mattered in over 20 years, but still think they are among the elite.

I think it's some sort of mental illness.

Thats a good plan. Go to Hersheypark and Chocolate Town. Lots of hotels, restaurants, golf and shopping and a scenic drive to PSU.

Reactions: psu00
Assuming the trajectory of the pandemic continues on its current course, we will have a full stadium. I would expect to hear more about ticket prior to month's end.

Reactions: PSUFBFAN
Wise move, as price gouging will be in full force in State College. $700 for the two nights will be on the cheaper end of the scale.
The Hyatt was $900/night over graduation weekend.

I have a guest suite just outside Bellefonte I am thinking of putting on AirBNB at $1,000 a night (two night min) for football weekends. I'm not really interested in renting it out but if someone wants to pay stupid money to stay in it then that makes it worth it.

The Hyatt was $900/night over graduation weekend.

I have a guest suite just outside Bellefonte I am thinking of putting on AirBNB at $1,000 a night (two night min) for football weekends. I'm not really interested in renting it out but if someone wants to pay stupid money to stay in it then that makes it worth it.

What kind of idiot pays $1,000 per night for any hotel in or around State College? Whoever does that is the poster child of a complete money moron

What kind of idiot pays $1,000 per night for any hotel in or around State College? Whoever does that is the poster child of a complete money moron
$1000 a night is the going rate at the Hyatt for the one or two biggest games of the year. Place is always booked full. The hundreds of folks staying there average about as far from "moron" as you can get.

$1000 a night is the going rate at the Hyatt for the one or two biggest games of the year. Place is always booked full. The hundreds of folks staying there average about as far from "moron" as you can get.

Yeah I'm sure they are all geniuses

ADVERTISEMENT