ADVERTISEMENT

Why "Social Media" is great....

My man, A-Treat! My Pop Pop Mac had a grocery store/deli off the back of his house in the North End of Phillipsburg (the Jersey one) until the mid-70s. Spent every Sunday there and after dinner, we would come home with a wooden crate variety pack for the week (among other goodies).

You missed orange cream and black cherry. I actually kinda liked the grapefruit too, even as a kid. Orange cream was my go-to, had to try to make sure to drink all of them before the brothers and sisters got to them.
My parents both grew up in Easton, and I recall coming home regularly with the wooden crates as well. Good memories!

Reactions: dicemen99
My grandfather was pop-pop! Never heard anyone else ever use that before.

Maybe we are cousins.

my kids are growing up with 3 pop-pop's; my wife's dad is "pop-pop with the mustache", my dad is "pop-pop with the beard", and my stepdad is "florida pop-pop".

luckily my wife's mom is "grammy", but that still leaves my mom as "florida mom-mom" and my stepmom as "mom-mom with the beard".

my kids are growing up with 3 pop-pop's; my wife's dad is "pop-pop with the mustache", my dad is "pop-pop with the beard", and my stepdad is "florida pop-pop".

luckily my wife's mom is "grammy", but that still leaves my mom as "florida mom-mom" and my stepmom as "mom-mom with the beard".
Im sensing a little dislike towards the step-mom?

Hey boys, stopped in Iowa City today on my way to Omaha for some training for my job. Pit stopped at Carver and got some pictures with the Gable statue and got to go inside the arena. Seems like a nice college town, but the banners inside seemed to have stopped. Idk.

Used to hang a good bit on Fishing Creek and Fisk Hollow a bit north of Roulette. The people in that valley didn’t have much, but, they were real. For a city boy, it was great to meet people who weren’t always trying to keep up with the Jones.
Yep, no mans land between Coudy & Port. My "Pop" still lives on the edge of Coudy just heading west on rt 6. The Alleghany runs about 20 yards from his place.

My
Maybe dumb question, but why is Morgan back for training? Other than having fun, is he trying to make the World team or the Olympics? What is his goal?
My guess is that he wants to challenge Cox at 92Kg and would provide a perfect training partner for Taylor in that, with his size, he could simulate the power of Yazdani. I’m sure his primary goal is to train 92Kg for the world team.

Reactions: jsn4388
My

My guess is that he wants to challenge Cox at 92Kg and would provide a perfect training partner for Taylor in that, with his size, he could simulate the power of Yazdani. I’m sure his primary goal is to train 92Kg for the world team.
Good call, NLWC doesnt have a stand-out 92,so to speak of, and Smack knows how to beat him.

Smack knows how to beat him.
giphy.gif

Alternate hypothesis:

GWOT is effectively over for white-side SOF. Back to training local forces on 6-12 month rotations to Asia, Africa and South America. Hard on families, particularly those that recently suffered tragedies. He'll get paid as an E-6, plus BAH, and live in a place that is a second home to him.

Yep, no mans land between Coudy & Port. My "Pop" still lives on the edge of Coudy just heading west on rt 6. The Alleghany runs about 20 yards from his place.
And you can step across without jumping.

Alternate hypothesis:

GWOT is effectively over for white-side SOF. Back to training local forces on 6-12 month rotations to Asia, Africa and South America. Hard on families, particularly those that recently suffered tragedies. He'll get paid as an E-6, plus BAH, and live in a place that is a second home to him.
Those are a lot of acronyms for us flat-foots out here.

Those are a lot of acronyms for us flat-foots out here.

The days of running and gunning in the mountains of Afghanistan are over. A lot of people in Army Special Forces find the traditional main SF mission of training local nationals in partner nations/forces to be on the boring side. And doing it for half of your career is rough. Lack of personal and family stability, etc. Not saying that that was his motivation for the move, but it could be.

He's part of the Army World Class Athlete Program (WCAP), the same program that Jenna Burkert and most of the Greco guys belong to. So, he'll get paid the salary, BAH (basic allowance for housing) and BAS (basic allowance for sustenance) benefits he'd get as any other active duty person of the same rank. Will likely make more than most of the non-medalist NLWC guys, I'd imagine.

The days of running and gunning in the mountains of Afghanistan are over. A lot of people in Army Special Forces find the traditional main SF mission of training local nationals in partner nations/forces to be on the boring side. And doing it for half of your career is rough. Lack of personal and family stability, etc. Not saying that that was his motivation for the move, but it could be.

He's part of the Army World Class Athlete Program (WCAP), the same program that Jenna Burkert and most of the Greco guys belong to. So, he'll get paid the salary, BAH (basic allowance for housing) and BAS (basic allowance for sustenance) benefits he'd get as any other active duty person of the same rank. Will likely make more than most of the non-medalist NLWC guys, I'd imagine.

Typical! Cael and the NLWC cheating again - signed, Ironbird

Speaking of Jenna:

Hey boys, stopped in Iowa City today on my way to Omaha for some training for my job. Pit stopped at Carver and got some pictures with the Gable statue and got to go inside the arena. Seems like a nice college town, but the banners inside seemed to have stopped. Idk.

Just drove to Lincoln. Nothing there. Didn’t see any banners.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT