ADVERTISEMENT

Why "Social Media" is great....

I'd rather shave my bag with a rusty axe blade than call a soda pop....
Nvm I might just be into that stuff.. I'll pass judgment later.

I know I'm supposed to think this is stupid and the end of what we know as trademark law but it's actually pretty smart marketing by The Ohio State University, if only because there would inevitably be stories about it, leading to more t-shirt sales, and so on.

XVPBtRA.jpg

To head off the obvious point, this registration doesn't give tOSU a monopoly on the word "THE," it merely gives them the power to kill unlicensed merch where "THE" figured prominently as the hook.

I know I'm supposed to think this is stupid and the end of what we know as trademark law but it's actually pretty smart marketing by The Ohio State University, if only because there would inevitably be stories about it, leading to more t-shirt sales, and so on.

XVPBtRA.jpg

To head off the obvious point, this registration doesn't give tOSU a monopoly on the word "THE," it merely gives them the power to kill unlicensed merch where "THE" figured prominently as the hook.
You mean as in THE National Recruiting Champs every year. :)

XVPBtRA.jpg

Having spent time in the Clemson area (sister and parents live in Greenville, SC), I'm just not sure that's a fanbase that has a lot of room to make those kinds of comments.
I thought they would be good a identifying those traits.

Having spent time in the Clemson area (sister and parents live in Greenville, SC), I'm just not sure that's a fanbase that has a lot of room to make those kinds of comments.
loved when some wag spelled out what their booster club acronym (IPTAY) really meant

It’s
Probation
Time
Again
Y’ll

• Haha
Reactions: Ja1339

XVPBtRA.jpg

jim-carrey-reading.gif

One of the three fastest dudes I ever saw wrestle.

Greg Jones WVU
Shawn Bunch Edinboro
RBY Penn State

All three make it to bed before the light goes out.

Always been a Jones mark. Came up at same time and got stomped by him many a time. I wonder why he never pursued an international career. He seemed built for it. Thought Cael v Greg would been a great match.

Reactions: 7brwnpsu
Grew up in Berks County, and Pop was my Dad, and Pop Pop was my Dad’s dad. For those of you who grew up in Eastern PA, you’d have to agree that A-Treat brand made the best soda or pop around - especially their Root Beer and Birch Beer.
My man, A-Treat! My Pop Pop Mac had a grocery store/deli off the back of his house in the North End of Phillipsburg (the Jersey one) until the mid-70s. Spent every Sunday there and after dinner, we would come home with a wooden crate variety pack for the week (among other goodies).

You missed orange cream and black cherry. I actually kinda liked the grapefruit too, even as a kid. Orange cream was my go-to, had to try to make sure to drink all of them before the brothers and sisters got to them.

Grew up in Berks County, and Pop was my Dad, and Pop Pop was my Dad’s dad. For those of you who grew up in Eastern PA, you’d have to agree that A-Treat brand made the best soda or pop around - especially their Root Beer and Birch Beer.
My grandfather was pop-pop! Never heard anyone else ever use that before.

Maybe we are cousins.

• Haha
Big A-Treat Birch Beer fan and A-Treat cans were the best for muffler repairs. An ice cold Birch Beer and then the truck passes inspection. Thanks A-Treat

Last edited:
  • Haha
ADVERTISEMENT