ADVERTISEMENT

Why "Social Media" is great....

FRL has absolutely went to garbageville! 3 three stodges talking today about how MM is welcoming triplets, joked around about the nightmare triplets will be.

They just talk without knowing content they are speaking on!

they must have edited the episode before publishing the audio because there was no mention of the triplets when i listened today. it's good that they at least corrected their mistake but i feel like the right thing to do would have been to add a little prologue to express their sympathies and acknowledge that they were being disrespectful talking about someone's personal life. but i'd guess they'd rather just sweep it under the rug.

And this is why @smalls103 is the GOAT of takes:

i hear “pop” used for soda and it pains me. Not to the point of doubling over, but like a bad cramp
Growing up in Oregon we called it "pop", but when I came to California I quickly learned they did not approve of the term. A few years ago I actually researched the issue and found this:
Pop or Soda? @nerfstate, I tried your technique, but to no avail.

Hey @Psalm 1 guy -- I really appreciate your posts here, btw--I am a fan of your perspective on life to be sure.

Just a friendly explanation that it appears you are over thinking how to embed twitter (or other social media and now even most websites) by just a smidge. Once you've copied the URL to the tweet or page you want to share, instead of using the little chain icon in the toolbar, simply paste that messy looking URL right into your post. The site here will "magically" transform that into an embedded tweet, etc, or teaser view of a webpage.
Just trying this myself, Psalms isn’t the only one who has been throwing darts blindfolded on here:

2024 not a strong year for PA recruits though a few kids highly ranked within an hour drive to Rec Hall

Growing up in Oregon we called it "pop", but when I came to California I quickly learned they did not approve of the term. A few years ago I actually researched the issue and found this:
Pop or Soda? @nerfstate, I tried your technique, but to no avail.
Folks on the west coast play monopoly thinking reading railroad is a railroad with library books in the cars. Pronounced “reeding”.

Folks on the west coast play monopoly thinking reading railroad is a railroad with library books in the cars. Pronounced “reeding”.
I assume you mean "reding" or "redding" since reeding and reading both should sound the same with a long e. Just saying . . . :cool:

Last edited:
You cannot, easily embed an email though. But here’s one I just got from David Taylor:

M2 Friends & Family,

We are excited to announce that M2 Training Center is merging with Buxton Athletic Training Center, which will now be M2TC New Jersey. This has been made possible due to an innovative company called Live Trained! This technology will enhance training for all members in a number of ways.

What does this mean?

⁃ Members will have access to an exclusive Live Trained technique library that I have been creating for months.
⁃ M2TC coaches will also be building libraries
⁃ We can offer both in person & live streamed private lessons, practices, & camps between the facilities
⁃ Although there will be cross over, Coaches will stay the same at both facilities.
⁃ We will have events where the clubs will combine for dual events & tournaments
⁃ We will partner up for training camps in person and online
⁃ Live events at our facilities

I believe this partnership creates the most premier wrestling opportunity in the country for our M2 athletes. As coaches, we would all like the opportunity to spend more time with the athletes in our clubs, this partnership will help us accomplish that whether it is in person & now online!

Thank you & let’s dominate!

⁃ Coach Taylor

Hmm @Psalm 1 guy when I try (without inclosing it in code blocks to show it here):
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/soda-vs-pop_n_2103764

I think it works:

@The Japanese Whizzer
I’m fairly certain you can set policies on your site to prevent auto-embeds like this, and it seems like Rokfin may employ that technique for whatever reason.
monkey-computer-not-working.gif

"Pawp" would be true SWPA Appalachia Mountain folk talk.

It has been called "soda pop." (Remember the Munchkin land near Oz's kids?) Why split hairs? Can't we all just accept each other's truncations?

"Pawp" would be true SWPA Appalachia Mountain folk talk.

It has been called "soda pop." (Remember the Munchkin land near Oz's kids?) Why split hairs? Can't we all just accept each other's truncations?
Now wait just a minute! I have never and will never refer to it as pawp or pop. It is soda, 100%.

Also, Willie is wrong. Sheetz food is alright.

Ugh. Flashbacks to the dorms, where we spent entire years debating soda vs pop with only one conclusion: we couldn't find anything else to discuss.

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
ADVERTISEMENT