ADVERTISEMENT

Why "Social Media" is great....

Middle row second to the right….Nolf? Did Cael find a hot tub time machine?
I just discovered another Jason Nolf photo. Dated 1921! :oops:

Shining%2BBlack%2Band%2BWhite.jpg

Looks like this would surprise Rutgers fans as they think he's going up and not down.
lol he's trolling. if he could still make 125, he would have been there for the last chance olympic qualifier. he's a funny dude.

Helps me out. WTF does this mean:
And for all the chest-thumping, PSU can morph into Okie State pretty quickly late in matches (I though RBY and Fix were in a body swap movie in last year’s 133 title match), but it’s worked for them and they’re not gonna change just because you want style points.

Helps me out. WTF does this mean:
And for all the chest-thumping, PSU can morph into Okie State pretty quickly late in matches (I though RBY and Fix were in a body swap movie in last year’s 133 title match), but it’s worked for them and they’re not gonna change just because you want style points.
Popular among Iowa fans at least is the belief the Cowboys stall a lot. RBY did get hit for stalling a lot in his match with Fix. 1.5 of them were warranted, IMO, but that’s the point.

Popular among Iowa fans at least is the belief the Cowboys stall a lot. RBY did get hit for stalling a lot in his match with Fix. 1.5 of them were warranted, IMO, but that’s the point.
stalling yes, but specifically operating from space on the edge of the mat. okie state was famous for using the edge of the mat back in the day. gable once had a special mat made that was like twice the size of the normal circle specifically for that dual.

rby isn't the most active against desanto, but stays on the mat and his motion throws desanto off enough that he doesn't generate enough attacks of his own to earn a call (probably because attacking rby is so dangerous in the first place). picks his spots and controls the match. rby wrestles from space the "right" way imo.

stalling yes, but specifically operating from space on the edge of the mat. okie state was famous for using the edge of the mat back in the day. gable once had a special mat made that was like twice the size of the normal circle specifically for that dual.

rby isn't the most active against desanto, but stays on the mat and his motion throws desanto off enough that he doesn't generate enough attacks of his own to earn a call (probably because attacking rby is so dangerous in the first place). picks his spots and controls the match. rby wrestles from space the "right" way imo.
Actually it was Kurdelmeier and Oklahoma.

I can't find the original source from this offseason, but @obrats is wayyy on top of rosters & schedules for WrestleStat, and they've had Rivera & Sammy Alvarez switching weights this year for a few months now:

Goodale recently confirmed (in an article I can't see): Rivera 141, Alvarez 133:

And Wrestlestat is updated as well:
https://www.wrestlestat.com/team/66/rutgers/profile

Goodale recently confirmed (in an article I can't see): Rivera 141, Alvarez 133:

And Wrestlestat is updated as well:
https://www.wrestlestat.com/team/66/rutgers/profile
This article isn't paywalled (at least on my phone):

Good interview, worth reading the whole thing. Especially where Goodale says Nick Lee is world class and the guy Rivera is chasing.

Good interview, worth reading the whole thing. Especially where Goodale says Nick Lee is world class and the guy Rivera is chasing.
Did you enter an email to be able to read it?

Agreed, great quote!

Do you think Rivera is more comfortable at 141 the second time around?
He lost to a guy (Penn State national champion Nick Lee) that I believe is world class. Lee is really good. He’s beaten everyone. He’s beaten Yianni (Diakomihalis, Cornell’s two-time NCAA champion, he’s beaten Zain Retherford (a three-time national champion at Penn State and two-time world team member), he’s beaten them all. He’s world class. And that’s the guy we’re chasing. Sebastian is plenty strong. He has had a great summer. He’s competed all over the world and he’s still competing (Rivera will likely wrestle for Puerto Rico at the U23 World Championships in Serbia next month). He never took his foot off the gas pedal. Seb is one of the best guys in the country. There’s no doubt about it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT