ADVERTISEMENT

Why "Social Media" is great....

Uhoh, anyone check the Cael “pissed-o-meter” lately?

**It’s actually Davidson, but I had to make the joke.
Iowa fans at about 2:15 yesterday:

giphy.gif

May the great bald infidel resign, Inshallah

I love self deprecating humor when done well. He seems really funny!!
I accidentally wrote self defecating humor when there is really nothing funny about shitting yourself!!

No joke running in Tucson in late May - that place is like an oven

Up early or late CT? And yes, f$%%, oven.

Edit: first place I got pulled over for speeding, Saguaro NP. I didn't know the national parks had police. (1st of 3 speeding warnings in Arizona. 2nd was in Globe.)

Last edited:
Up early or late CT? And yes, f$%%, oven.

Edit: first place I got pulled over for speeding, Saguaro NP. I didn't know the national parks had police. (1st of 3 speeding warnings in Arizona. 2nd was in Globe.)
I was there in February 2019 - during the Ohio State dual when pundits thought The Buckeyes had a chance and we killed them. I listened to Byers while having a few drinks at the hotel in the midst of a U of A sorority formal going on. My God what a sensory feast that night.

But that was a perfect time to go. Fantastic weather. Mt Lemmon is crazy. You’ve got a desert below - drive up the mountain for 30 minutes and there’s a ski town up there.

No joke running in Tucson in late May - that place is like an oven
You have that exactly backward -- an oven is like Tucson.

We were there some years ago for a wedding in mid-May. 116F. Though it wasn't bad in early morning -- presumably RBY is smart enough to figure that out.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
You have that exactly backward -- an oven is like Tucson.

We were there some years ago for a wedding in mid-May. 116F. Though it wasn't bad in early morning -- presumably RBY is smart enough to figure that out.

When I moved out to Cali the first trip I went to was Death Valley. It was June, I didn't think it would be that hot. 120. I've been on the trails where German tourists go to die.

Reactions: kevin310
Tucson weather is typically the tits this time of year. Oro Valley or Cave Creek for me if I live long enough to retire.

Portland last summer had its hottest days in history hitting a high of 117! We had 4 days of 110 and above. It was stupid hot. Definitely not supposed to be that hot in the pacific NW.

• Wow
Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Clearly his dream school. If only they had called him
Good example of the Dream school concept in action - from the Outer Circle of course re: Gable Steveson:

just_somebody

HR All-American​

Gold Member
Brutal Hypothetical - he's always had respect for CHA, and after his send off from the hawk fans last year, what if he wants a change of scenery and desires to fulfill his destiny as a Hawk?

Personally, I'd see what Tony thought about taking a medical to make sure whatever was ailing him gets fully healed :).

Good example of the Dream school concept in action - from the Outer Circle of course re: Gable Steveson:

just_somebody

HR All-American​

Gold Member
Brutal Hypothetical - he's always had respect for CHA, and after his send off from the hawk fans last year, what if he wants a change of scenery and desires to fulfill his destiny as a Hawk?

Personally, I'd see what Tony thought about taking a medical to make sure whatever was ailing him gets fully healed :).

Finally found something in wrestling less believable than Swain having to cut weight to take on Shute.

This is a pet peeve of mine. Can any techies explain how to get the actual IG post, instead of the IG login page to show up in a post? Inevitably, I get the login logo, like Nerf did.
it’s how Zuckerberg controls the platform. For whatever reason, you have to have an account to view “stories” & video. I have no idea why that is. still images on Instagram embed fine.

For those of you disinclined to register for Instagram, this one was just some footage of Bo doing some pretty slick and impressive (to my amateur, not even really an mma fan eye) hands work in a hotel room wearing sharp new NLWC warmups.

Reactions: kevin310
For whatever reason, you have to have an account to view “stories” & video.
I don't have an Instagram or Facebook account but I can watch the video easily enough without creating one. I click "not now" when prompted to create an account. Perhaps an account is needed to peruse stories.

Reactions: nerfstate
it’s how Zuckerberg controls the platform. For whatever reason, you have to have an account to view “stories” & video. I have no idea why that is. still images on Instagram embed fine.
I think it's just that they don't want to give it all away for 'free.' Video is the more compelling, traffic-generating content, and if anyone could easily embed on their own site by merely transcluding URLs, they'd lose some control/revenue.

Reactions: hlstone
I think this one really is paywalled, but MatScouts has a nice piece on the good guys on Rokfin:

It was a good read. Can of amazing that Willie has only 2 target/holes in 10 weight classes projected out over 4 years. Speaks to Cael & Co ability to recruit and recruit for targeted needed.

Since those targets are in the upper weights and we have the best upper weight room in the country it would seem we will fill those with the studs that will continue the established tradition of a back 5 murders row

It was a good read. Can of amazing that Willie has only 2 target/holes in 10 weight classes projected out over 4 years. Speaks to Cael & Co ability to recruit and recruit for targeted needed.

Since those targets are in the upper weights and we have the best upper weight room in the country it would seem we will fill those with the studs that will continue the established tradition of a back 5 murders row
Also interesting this piece wasn't written by Willie. A quick google suggests the kid may have recently been on staff w/ Tom Ryan. OK, maybe just a fan of tanning.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT