ADVERTISEMENT

Why "Social Media" is great....

For all you new rokfinians, this is some good content from Willie.

For those of you not there yet--He's talking about how the change in regular season protocols (intra confernce only, etc) creates significant challenges for seeding, that RPI might get dropped altogether, and the impact of potentially far fewer required weigh-ins to qualify (see: Nicky Pushups). But worth a read and $10 to get it AND Saturday's event (unlike flo, you pay monthly and can cancel easily and immediately).

Did anyone score more than 1 TD against Zain in his college career? Maybe Port or Steiber did, I'm not sure--but still. Hayes deserves a modicum of respect for doing that. Of course, he threw most of that out the window by being in permanent backup mode after the 2nd TD....

I agree that Hayes would not need 7 minutes to "finish" a match vs. Nick though. lol.

I got a chuckle out of trying to piece together my memory of which bout this was. I started playing the video embed here on bwi, so didn't have the youtube date stamps & what not. My thoughts went a little something like:

l87DFqG.png

Wait, what is THAT?

LQtZ7vO.png

Oh! Well, of course I remember when this bout was, lol!

WnxIE01.png

The worst part of that was they were still in bounds. If that table is back 12” Kuhn gets a chance to lock that up for six.

Carson's toe was in. NaTo's feet would have been on the gym floor, I think. Would that then be called OOB?

Any ref's out there? (I know that is a stupid question)

Not a ref, but yes if any part of either wrestles touches off the mat they are OOB.

Reactions: nitlion6
F&M, Purdue, tOSU, Michigan, Navy, V Tech
That's a fascinating school list, partly because I'm not sure whether he plans to go 197 or HWT. I'm presuming HWT, because he's facing Nate Schon at 230 lb at the upcoming PA Power Wrestling event.

Anyway, in order:
- F&M: This might be like Snyder having Maryland in his list. Feldman is from Solanco. He would be the best wrestler on the entire roster on Day 1.
- Purdue: Purdue has a need at HWT, and Ohio's Vanadia (top 10 nationally at 195) committed at 197. Feldman beat Vanadia at Ironman.
- Ohio State: Feldman would go HWT here -- they have Shumate at 197 in the same class. Nick Boykin (true FR HWT, JR Greco World Team member) is a possible obstacle. They're also still in the hunt for Schon.
- Michigan: Weird situation because of Gaige Garcia's weight. If Garcia holds 197 (which seems a bad idea for his football positions), then Feldman would clearly go HWT. But if Garcia goes HWT, Michigan has absolutely nothing at 197. (Unless Gavin Garcia commits there and grows to 197.)
- Navy: Kolat would want Feldman at HWT, with Ryan Catka arriving next year at 197. Risk of sitting one year behind Birchmeier, at a school that does not permit shirting.
- VT: They have a clear need at 197, and no need at HWT with Hunter Catka now on campus.

Does it seem as if most of the Nittany Lion Wrestling Club athletes are now lions with full beards? Nickal, Joseph, Gilman, Snyder, Retherford ...?

That's a fascinating school list, partly because I'm not sure whether he plans to go 197 or HWT. I'm presuming HWT, because he's facing Nate Schon at 230 lb at the upcoming PA Power Wrestling event.

Anyway, in order:
- F&M: This might be like Snyder having Maryland in his list. Feldman is from Solanco. He would be the best wrestler on the entire roster on Day 1.
- Purdue: Purdue has a need at HWT, and Ohio's Vanadia (top 10 nationally at 195) committed at 197. Feldman beat Vanadia at Ironman.
- Ohio State: Feldman would go HWT here -- they have Shumate at 197 in the same class. Nick Boykin (true FR HWT, JR Greco World Team member) is a possible obstacle. They're also still in the hunt for Schon.
- Michigan: Weird situation because of Gaige Garcia's weight. If Garcia holds 197 (which seems a bad idea for his football positions), then Feldman would clearly go HWT. But if Garcia goes HWT, Michigan has absolutely nothing at 197. (Unless Gavin Garcia commits there and grows to 197.)
- Navy: Kolat would want Feldman at HWT, with Ryan Catka arriving next year at 197. Risk of sitting one year behind Birchmeier, at a school that does not permit shirting.
- VT: They have a clear need at 197, and no need at HWT with Hunter Catka now on campus.
Schon got hurt in football 2 weeks ago.

ADVERTISEMENT