ADVERTISEMENT

Why "Social Media" is great....

As a fan, it's hard to see ability like that squandered because of poor decisions. The bright side is that many eventually learn from their mistakes, and are often the better off in the long run via the tough lessons. I still wish Gavin well. Not sure, I guess that applies to PD3 too? I'm not going to say definitively. ;)

Reactions: PASLP2 and hlstone
OMG his preceding tweet is a comedy gold mine. Though gold might not be the right substance ...

You have to blow up the pic of his ink to see how train-wreck awful it truly is. (Hint: the gorilla's Austin Powers teeth.)

The bio-hazard hat, on a guy throwing away his college career for drugs, is a nice touch.

OMG his preceding tweet is a comedy gold mine. Though gold might not be the right substance ...

You have to blow up the pic of his ink to see how train-wreck awful it truly is. (Hint: the gorilla's Austin Powers teeth.)

The bio-hazard hat, on a guy throwing away his college career for drugs, is a nice touch.

I don’t think that is biohazard, brojefe.

Those eyes are saying something.......and it isn't good. :(. Wishing him the best

• Sad
Reactions: PSUer1989
I hate to see a kid throw away such opportunity. I hope he figures life out sooner rather than later. What ifs are painful to live with😔

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
I haven't been able to photograph wrestling since the EIWAs in March, and since I'd finally purchased the long zoom lens I'd be renting, I put it to use shooting the migratory birds that stopover in Central Park each Fall (and Spring). A nice way to spend mornings and an interesting challenge--birds are more unpredictable than wrestlers. Here are a few:

He says a lot of things.

From the Baltimore Sun article about the Oct 2010 fight that landed him in the headlines:
"Though many wrestling programs stopped recruiting Downey because of his legal troubles, a college wrestling coach with knowledge of Downey's recruiting process said Wednesday that N.C. State, Arizona State and Edinboro (Pa.) are still recruiting him. But school officials at N.C. State said Thursday that they had never recruited Downey."

This isn't really Penn State related at all, but I'm a Sarah fan, for sure, and thought this display of vulnerability was worth praise.

Check out the Jared from Subway looking Iowa troll in that twitter thread.
Clearly they haven't been serving turkey subs in prison.
giphy.gif

:rolleyes:

What percentage of MM’s losses to date were against guys one or TWO weight classes higher?

And when was the last rostered Hawkeye to make a world team?
9 of his 11 losses are to a bunch of jabronis named Martin, Venz, Caffey, Parker, Trent Hidlay, Marsteller, Wick, Womack, and Chavez.

1 national champ, 1 world medalist, 1 other world team member, and 6 other AAs -- Mike Evans is not impressed.

9 of his 11 losses are to a bunch of jabronis named Martin, Venz, Caffey, Parker, Trent Hidlay, Marsteller, Wick, Womack, and Chavez.

1 national champ, 1 world medalist, 1 other world team member, and 6 other AAs -- Mike Evans is not impressed.
Makes one wonder what Spencer’s record would be against Yianni, McKenna, Nick, and Red, doesn’t it?

Makes one wonder what Spencer’s record would be against Yianni, McKenna, Nick, and Red, doesn’t it?
Tom Ryan wonders what Snyder's record would be against Coon.

More seriously: Manville has a bunch of not-bad losses, but doesn't have the good wins yet. Best wins so far are Skidgel 2x and Kosoy. Of course, that's after 1 varsity year.

To me the funny part of that exchange is the notion that a Senior World Team member has somehow regressed in college.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT