ADVERTISEMENT

Why "Social Media" is great....

Saw a funny thing reading this Intermat article about Dan Dennis coming back to IC. Skip down to the bottom at the comment section. Ban Basketball(?) giving a shout out to El Jefe. Very random. Tip of the cap to BB for carrying a grudge against a PSU fan on an article about a HWC guy. That's dedication.

https://intermatwrestle.com/articles/23733?
Ban suffers from Jefe Derangement Syndrome.

Saw a funny thing reading this Intermat article about Dan Dennis coming back to IC. Skip down to the bottom at the comment section. Ban Basketball(?) giving a shout out to El Jefe. Very random. Tip of the cap to BB for carrying a grudge against a PSU fan on an article about a HWC guy. That's dedication.

Ban Basketball: "Interesting story. I'll be interested to read the all-knowing, El-Jefe's refutation of the idea that Dennis will miss Chattanooga."

He'll be interested "to read..." Notice he didn't say, "to discuss." Ban has been kicked off of every reasonably well-read wrestling message board that there is, including Rutgers' site. Let that sink in for a moment.

Anyone else besides me who uses an ad-blocker notice that the ad-blocker suddenly no longer kills the constantly looping football videos on BWI? Is there a way to circumvent it besides paying money?
I tried to PM it, but I don't think you can on these forums. Maybe that's a premium feature as well.
If you have Adblock+:
While on this site click the Adblock button (top right)
Go down to block element
Click on the video and a box will pop with a long address, I don't recall exactly where I put it, but I shortened the URL and added an asterisk (/*)
Refresh page
Now the ad box is there with no video. Repeat steps and this time the address should say something.something.container
After blocking that element it's gone

I tried to PM it, but I don't think you can on these forums. Maybe that's a premium feature as well.
If you have Adblock+:
While on this site click the Adblock button (top right)
Go down to block element
Click on the video and a box will pop with a long address, I don't recall exactly where I put it, but I shortened the URL and added an asterisk (/*)
Refresh page
Now the ad box is there with no video. Repeat steps and this time the address should say something.something.container
After blocking that element it's gone
Thank you, that worked. I had already tried blocking element, but hadn't thought to chop the URL all the way back.

Since I'd successfully blocked that video for years by non-elaborate means, Rivals must've recently attempted to circumvent my and others' circumvention. The black box isn't optimal but a huge improvement on watching the same practice footage on loop. Thanks.

FWIW, element you want to block is ||c5x8i7c7.ssl.hwcdn.net/*

*.hwcdn.net may also work.:cool:

I do sometime. feel bad for bwi to lose revenue—does gold status remove ads?

*.hwcdn.net may also work.:cool:

I do sometime. feel bad for bwi to lose revenue—does gold status remove ads?
Yeah, I get that the system breaks if everyone does what I and a few others do, but (a) everyone won't--in fact most won't b/c even installing and maintaining an ad blocker requires a degree of technical proficiency most don't have, especially with this board's demographic; (b) I don't care about football, at least as compared with wrestling, and will probably visit here less often if I'm subjected to that same football video that you can't even scroll away from. There are plenty of ads I'm willing to suffer to support a particular site, but videos that autoplay and can't be scrolled away from are obnoxious; (c) I get that sites either need subscriptions or ads or both to survive but I've never quite gotten what my $100/yr subscription to BWI would get me other than a visual indicator conveying my willingness to part with $100 to read and post to a message board I could already read to post to without spending that money. The ability to receive and send PM isn't much in the way of value added since it only allows you to read and send messages from other gold members, of which there aren't many on the wrestling side. I imagine the football boards might be significantly busier and upgrading might make sense, but I don't know because I don't visit.

Reactions: jtothemfp
So hockey is returning August 1 to hub cities Toronto and Edmonton.

This might only be funny if you're a hockey fan or self-loathing Edmonton resident.

This might only be funny if you're a hockey fan or self-loathing Edmonton resident.

That was hilarious. I feel like you could have substituted New Jersey for Edmonton and it would have been just as funny :)

Now at three posts and counting...all focused on bwi posters.

Reactions: IAChief32
Pretty funny that he's using Intermat to reply to posts on boards where he's banned.

Also more than a little sad. He probably stalks his exes online too.
I think maybe we should bring him back during the slow months. Maybe a bad idea though

Siri is so improved that even a guy in a straitjacket can post! :)
I love his new words
discussants and Ioway
And he uses discussants in a post where he calls someone else REELY SMART

Well I will admit I am wrong, discussant is an actual word, but normally means someone taking part in a symposium discussion, so he still kind of used it wrong. But he is also still responding, up to 4 posts now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dogwelder

Funny wheezer for sure. I assume that doughboy is an ex hockey player despite his current retired physique. At least I can only count a couple of teeth.

I can't think of a better person than Mark Hall to be a founding member of such an organization. Character counts, even more so in today's polarized and rude/crude environment. Mark's character has always shown brightly. He has always carried himself with honor and distinction. I wish Mark and the organization great success. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Blue Whit
... Mark ... has always carried himself with honor and distinction ...
Absolutely! Mark even represented North Forsyth High School with honor and distinction! :)

NF_MarkHall_1_010417_web.max-1504x846.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT