ADVERTISEMENT

Why "Social Media" is great....

That was funny as hell First time I think I've ever seen Cael a little uncomfortable. Shak was bringing some inside stuff out in the public..good to see
Someone please tell me he knows to us he's the Shraken... @RoarLions1 ?

And, on a totally different topic, does this mean they're putting in white seats at the BJC (sorry, it's still Penn State, but I couldn't resist....)?

Last edited:
Reactions: Creek Side
Someone please tell me he knows to us he's the Shraken... @RoarLions1 ?
Sorry, no idea. Not a big nickname guy myself, except for those the wrestler himself embraces. Told me once to simply call him Shak (I asked early on, as there was some confusion about calling him Corey or Shakur)...so that's what I do. That, and when I do get the chance, and it comes up (it doesn't often) I don't recommend going to any social media...

Sorry, no idea. Not a big nickname guy myself, except for those the wrestler himself embraces. Told me once to simply call him Shak (I asked early on, as there was some confusion about calling him Corey or Shakur)...so that's what I do. That, and when I do get the chance, and it comes up (it doesn't often) I don't recommend going to any social media...
Fair enough--but if I run into him, I'm going to make sure he knows. :)

Shots fired!

First came Jeff Karam's interview after state duals:

which is apparently not how Kiski would have handled it. (Be sure to read the comments as well.)

How is BeCaHi not in a private school league? Kind of crazy they recruit and aren't competing with Blair and WySem.... I don't know PA HS rules. Is this common in PA? Is this just sour grapes by Kiski?

How is BeCaHi not in a private school league? Kind of crazy they recruit and aren't competing with Blair and WySem.... I don't know PA HS rules. Is this common in PA? Is this just sour grapes by Kiski?

It's the same thing in Jersey..think of Bergen Catholic..they recruit but are still part of the NJ States..

There's always gonna be sour grapes in this sort of stuff..

It's the same thing in Jersey..think of Bergen Catholic..they recruit but are still part of the NJ States..

There's always gonna be sour grapes in this sort of stuff..
Bergen Catholic wrestlers participate in the individual state tournament in NJ. The team state tournament has 2 Parochial divisions, for the private schools.

PIAA allows religious schools and some other private schools. A few other notables: Pittsburgh Central Catholic (Cenzo), Erie Cathedral Prep (Starocci), Bishop McDevitt (Harrisburg; Nye, Pipa), Bishop McCort (Johnstown; Jones, Walters), etc.

The way Beca gets away with it: they recruit in Jr High. PIAA HS transfer rules don't apply to incoming 7th snd 8th graders, or to kids transferring from out of state (Anderson).

And, yeah, they can be pretty obvious about it. Example: Zeke Moisey attended Beca. Younger brother Cade attended Northampton.

If you think the outrage is bad now, it was worse a few years ago when Beca wrestled AA. A couple years ago, one rival coach ordered his team to forfeit every weight at District 11 Duals. (He got fired for the stunt but got a lot of attention.)

How is it sour grapes to point out that you have teams limited in enrollment by geography, competing against squads that can cherry-pick the best of the best from a much larger geographic area?

Have all the private schools compete in their own team dual meet championship, and the public schools compete in their own ... and then let the individual wrestlers compete together, without monitoring team points accumulated.

Reactions: dbldoofus
How is it sour grapes to point out that you have teams limited in enrollment by geography, competing against squads that can cherry-pick the best of the best from a much larger geographic area?

Have all the private schools compete in their own team dual meet championship, and the public schools compete in their own ... and then let the individual wrestlers compete together, without monitoring team points accumulated.

Depends on who he pointed it out to. Should be the PIAA for allowing this IMHO. I know in MD and VA private schools cannot compete in state championships against the public schools in any sport. I'm betting most states are like that.

The children later complained that the whole event was over too quickly. "Mark read his book in maybe a minute, and then Bo read his in 55 seconds. They celebrated and split. We were told either Shakur Rasheed or Anthony Cassar would read to us next--they still weren't sure which one--but we'd prefer Matt McCutcheon because we at least know we'll get seven minutes of book time."

Last edited:
The children later complained that the whole event was over too quickly. "Mark read his book in maybe a minute, and then Bo read his in 55 seconds. They celebrated and split. We were told either Shakur Rasheed or Anthony Cassar would read to us next--they still weren't sure which one--but we'd prefer Matt McCutcheon because we at least know we'll get seven minutes of book time."

And Tan Tom said it was not how he would have done it, he would have had the pin chain reading to the children and would have moved the event to the cafeteria instead of the home library.

Mark Hall is actually holding Iowa's 3 inch binder of "How to compete with Penn State", as obtained from the HR Board. He finished the chapters about PEDs, Burner Phones, Overpayment at Clinics, Forgiveness of Student Debt, Negative Recruiting, and Fake Scholarships. He is shown reading the Chapter titled "First You Must Contact the Recruit". I can tell it is the 3" binder, because it is all cartoons and fairy tales pictures with pretty colors. Bo is also sporting some HR Fantasy socks for the occasion.

Also of note, it is strange that the group project was to draw pictures of TnT in a typical pose mat-side, as posted on the wall behind Bo and Mark.

Reactions: Afw6006 and tikk10
And Tan Tom said it was not how he would have done it, he would have had the pin chain reading to the children and would have moved the event to the cafeteria instead of the home library.
Ohio State reads to kids at elementary school visit:

images

Kids also said it was better than last year, when the guest reader no-showed and they saw a huge boat in the parking lot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT