ADVERTISEMENT

Why Journalism (and Society) is in a Downward Spiral . . .

Flo works the vast majority of the time. Well worth the annual subscription.

I do wish they would redo their rankings hub to something more user friendly.

Hmmm. I'll have to backtrack a little from a PP. After some conversations this weekend, this rumor might have a higher probability to be true than I previously thought. Not based on anything specific... just taking 2+2 and getting 4. I hope I'm wrong.

Hmmm. I'll have to backtrack a little from a PP. After some conversations this weekend, this rumor might have a higher probability to be true than I previously thought. Not based on anything specific... just taking 2+2 and getting 4. I hope I'm wrong.

lets just hope that the itch gets scratched and cooler heads prevail.

you're a journalist. It seems like a call to psu/suriano to get a comment would be the reasonable action. You have to have someone on the penn state team/staff that could knock down the rumor or confirm its veracity

No, he's not a journalist. Working for the media (if you can characterize in that manner) does not, by default, make one a journalist. Just like one writing an internet blog does not make one a journalist.

An apparently 'bad' or 'ill informed' tweet from intermat wrestling writer . It appears he was 'had' but I still have my fingers crossed.
Again.

Josh Lowe‏@JoshMLowe

Media reports out there that 2016 NCAA AA David McFadden will be transferring from Virginia Tech to home state Rutgers, fills spot at 165.

At least he doesn't have to forfeit a year of eligibility, although I suppose he would without a release from VT, since he took his redshirt year.

At least he doesn't have to forfeit a year of eligibility, although I suppose he would without a release from VT, since he took his redshirt year.

lol, no such luck lol

David McFadden‏@davidd_mcfadden

David McFadden Retweeted Christian Pyles

I will never buy an intermat platinum subscription!

David McFadden added,

Christian Pyles@CPyles8
Lol. What media reported that? This one is even more far fetched than the Suriano one.
A Rutger's fan is wetting his panties over the McFadden and Suriano transfer news. Projecting a Rutger's NC until it is revealed that the McFadden transfer news is fake news. Also, Rutger's fans welcoming PDIII with open arms. Maybe JM will also transfer there. Meija will announce for RU and Macri will change his mind or maybe they all wind up at that school in Ohio.

W

Who would forfeit a year of eligibility, you have lost me but then that is easy to do..Yes McFadden would if not given his release. So who would lose a year?

W

Who would forfeit a year of eligibility, you have lost me but then that is easy to do..Yes McFadden would if not given his release. So who would lose a year?

McFadden. My post came right after the post about McFadden, so I thought it was obvious to whom I was referring.

Reactions: minnhawkeye
Im a close relative to the R.U. AD. They are dropping N.S. bid to join the team.
I'm curious about something though. You posted awhile back that there was absolutely no truth to the Suriano to Rutgers transfer...according to your credible source. Now you are telling us that the RU AD is dropping the bid to get Suriano to transfer in. Umm... something seems out of whack with your two total posts...

Could you explain?

Reactions: tiltman
Cause the AD finally got told about the sneaky squirrels and he was like F that. After the shirt debacle they don't need another fight at the moment and bad press for a truly up and coming program is just stupid.

Cause the AD finally got told about the sneaky squirrels and he was like F that. After the shirt debacle they don't need another fight at the moment and bad press for a truly up and coming program is just stupid.
Couldn't do both, had to choose between battling Cael for Nick or battling Brands for PD3?

Kyle tweeted back to send him the contract and he is in.
That'll be the end of it right there. There likely never was $50k, just Downey running his Twitter mouth. Again. Hard as that is to believe.

For all I know Crutchmer is bluffing, but he's right: online feud + no contract = no fight.

Reactions: ev_flores0331
That'll be the end of it right there. There likely never was $50k, just Downey running his Twitter mouth. Again. Hard as that is to believe.

For all I know Crutchmer is bluffing, but he's right: online feud + no contract = no fight.
I'd subscribe to a two-tier payment, just to watch. $50 initially, and I'd throw in an extra $100 at the end if Crutchmer breaks PD's jaw and all of his fingers.

Reactions: El-Jefe
So has this board determined if Penn State Willy is a "journalist" or not for breaking the Suriano transfer story.

You really have to wonder what Brands was thinking even attempting to bring PD3 into the Iowa program.
I'll be so bold as to say desperate. At that point in the season, Iowa wasn't projected to be very good at all. To their credit, they HAVE exceeded expectations.

But, yes, to even want that poison anywhere near your wrestling room really makes one question the apparent morality of the Brands'.

What an idiot. What I wouldn't give to be his age again just to get one good shot into his loud mouth.

I loathe few people, but this nincompoop is one of them.
PDIII sure was saying the right things when his eligibility was still in question. He's done a complete return to self since. A leopard doesn't change his spots.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT