ADVERTISEMENT

Why Journalism (and Society) is in a Downward Spiral . . .

He's been pushing it on the Lion's Den. Well, more than pushing it - completely over the line - he's always pushing it. I suspect he's in time-out. He repeatedly was encouraging posters to, in effect, commit an NCAA violation and was warned multiple times by the moderator. It may be that, or it could be something else.

I've suspected T.O., too. I also imagine that seeing these transfer discussions but not being able to weigh in must be killing him by now...

actually Im surprised someone at flo hasnt tried to contact people associated with the team/nails/cael/psu/etc....

at least get a source "close to the team" to end this. WaPo shows you dont need names to write a good story.

Reactions: letsgohawks44
actually Im surprised someone at flo hasnt tried to contact people associated with the team/nails/cael/psu/etc....

at least get a source "close to the team" to end this. WaPo shows you dont need names to write a good story.
You certainly would do that if you were a journalist, but Willie has been quite clear that he is not.

RUMOR: If FloWreslting has a Happy Hour in Austin, CentexLion will buy the first round and the last round plus deliver the July Slush fund check.

Once again you do understand Flo put this out there NOT HR. Stop deflecting blame and go to the source. This would be HUGE news but if you want to blame someone go to the source of the rumor....

Once again you do understand Flo put this out there NOT HR. Stop deflecting blame and go to the source. This would be HUGE news but if you want to blame someone go to the source of the rumor....

Flo put out the rumor that Suriano is transferring to Iowa? I must have missed that. Could you provide a link? :rolleyes:

Flo put out the rumor that Suriano is transferring to Iowa? I must have missed that. Could you provide a link? :rolleyes:

If you read the thread the focus is on Rutgers and once again I'd be more focused on the source of the rumor but I see you didn't mention that........

Reactions: Gobblin
If you read the thread the focus is on Rutgers and once again I'd be more focused on the source of the rumor but I see you didn't mention that........

Correct, because NO ONE in this thread said that the rumor of Suriano to Rutgers was started on HR. Maybe you should try actually reading the posts.

Correct, but you're omitting that HR did start saying that Suriano and his family are dissatisfied with the way PSU handled his injury. That's the only thing HR was accused of starting.
This is true. One poster did claim to hear this and put it on the board.

I think its about time HR and BWI have a straight up street brawl Anchorman style. No grenades please..

Willie will obviously fight for the kitty kats. But me thinks he may need to sit this one out because he already looks beat up. Idk, maybe thats how he always looks. Anyways y'alls better watch out cuz ive been eating lots of steak. Im all beefed up and ready to rumble!

Correct, but you're omitting that HR did start saying that Suriano and his family are dissatisfied with the way PSU handled his injury. That's the only thing HR was accused of starting.

That same poster also inferred that the family did not like the "atmosphere" in the PSU room.

Uhh, i did not start the rumor. The rumor has been chatted about for months and is now on the NJ Wrestling FB forum.

Reactions: Knight563
I think its about time HR and BWI have a straight up street brawl Anchorman style. No grenades please..

Willie will obviously fight for the kitty kats. But me thinks he may need to sit this one out because he already looks beat up. Idk, maybe thats how he always looks. Anyways y'alls better watch out cuz ive been eating lots of steak. Im all beefed up and ready to rumble!
We'll be sure to eat a lot of bad Mexican to gas you from bottom

I want jerot....

Do we meet on a bridge?

Reactions: WildTurk
Not just the "atmosphere". The "vibe" in the PSU room is also reportedly disliked. :eek:o_O
No surprise. I heard this guy creates the vibe:

8c42e3a3ce9e1857bcdb26b49ca1ef52.jpg

Uhh, i did not start the rumor. The rumor has been chatted about for months and is now on the NJ Wrestling FB forum.

Got it, you just SPREAD the rumor to this board where no one was paying any attention to it without doing your job and checking if it had any legs at all. Well done.

Reactions: Bob_Anderson
Got it, you just SPREAD the rumor to this board where no one was paying any attention to it without doing your job and checking if it had any legs at all. Well done.

spread it to this board?

i sent a tweet. not an article; a single tweet.

is anyone else surprised that this hasnt been addressed in one way/shape/form by Flo, the team, the individuals officially? Flo is a recognized media entity of the sport and this is a BIG deal.

I mean it is a bit irresponsible, unless it was designed to elicit a response? in which case carry on.

if PSU is already cold to Flo, this surely wont help that relationship :cool:

is anyone else surprised that this hasnt been addressed in one way/shape/form by Flo, the team, the individuals officially? Flo is a recognized media entity of the sport and this is a BIG deal.

I mean it is a bit irresponsible, unless it was designed to elicit a response? in which case carry on.

if PSU is already cold to Flo, this surely wont help that relationship :cool:

Brings up an interesting discussion. Do we take Flo more seriously than Flo takes itself? What's the role of the media in regards to rumors? I don't know, I'm just a fan.

Brings up an interesting discussion. Do we take Flo more seriously than Flo takes itself? What's the role of the media in regards to rumors? I don't know, I'm just a fan.

Their track record steaming live events answers that question.

I see this as more of a beer summit, than a throw down. And, if that isn't a thought ripe for a slush story, I don't know what is.

Gotcha. So I can watch Flo Nationals but get burned on the major events. Pass.
Not me. Way to much other good stuff on there. They have gotten progressively better over the last few years, with more coverage of more tournaments.

Not me. Way to much other good stuff on there. They have gotten progressively better over the last few years, with more coverage of more tournaments.
We complain about all of them...FLO, Trackwrestling..you name it but I don't want to see any of them go away. Hell, I look forward to my Tuesday and Thursday evenings just to watch FRL. I'm actually dissapointed when they have to take a night off.

I bitch about things but I don't want what they give us to ever go away. I'm old school and grew up in an era where you never got wrestling news. Now I get it 24/7. They aren't perfect but it sure beats the old days.

ADVERTISEMENT