ADVERTISEMENT

Why Journalism (and Society) is in a Downward Spiral . . .

the audacity. rumor-mongering tweet whose first word was 'rumor'. completely unprofessional. he's not a journalist.

Not audacious. Just incredibly lacking in discipline. Prefacing the post with "rumor" doesn't negate the fact that you are spreading a rumor.

Perhaps, as a journalist, you could inquire with the person you are spreading rumors about. You know, find out if the rumor is "legit".

Not audacious. Just incredibly lacking in discipline. Prefacing the post with "rumor" doesn't negate the fact that you are spreading a rumor.

Perhaps, as a journalist, you could inquire with the person you are spreading rumors about. You know, find out if the rumor is "legit".
Maybe he was looking for his intended audience to sh!t a cruise liner...

Wow, this is the definition of trolling. The hatred from HR is so obvious, it is a shame that what was once a great place to discuss wrestling with knowledgeable people has indeed turned into a dumpster fire on virtually every thread.

I highly doubt he would be willing to give up a year going to Rutgers, Iowa or any other BigTen team, especially after getting injured last season. Seems like every year we have a transfer rumor. Guess trolls get bored in the off season.

Reactions: diggerpup
You do understand HR didn't start this rumor? Might want to read the first post. I'd love to hear more about this from Willie.

I highly doubt he would be willing to give up a year going to Rutgers, Iowa or any other BigTen team, especially after getting injured last season. Seems like every year we have a transfer rumor. Guess trolls get bored in the off season.

well now that they missed on IMar, PD3, McKenna, Lugo....they might as well start a lineup thread for 2019 with Nails in them.

thanks for the tip, but i'm not a journalist

Perhaps not a high-quality one. But you do attempt to gather, report, and distribute news and information in a professional capacity. It's your choice as to what kind of journalist you want to be -- one that confirms facts before reporting, or one that relies on gossip to tell a story.

Yup. He's all over it! Says he heard if for months from 3 different people.

The good news is now we know it's BS as Gobblin is always wrong about transfers/recruits
Weird. I heard from a reliable source that Suriano can't make 125, so he is going 133 (Cortez to 141), but that Spencer is transferring to backfill 125 and be closer to home. Doesn't have to sit out a year because of an "application error" at Iowa admissions. Spyker got his dad a job at Bucknell, and he has first dibs on rooms at the NLI for the wedding reception for any weekend except for OSU football.

And getting back to starting a comment with the word RUMOR. Is that like starting a comment with "WITH ALL DUE RESPECT". I give you Ricky Smalls Bobby

Last edited:
WNG on Rutger's board has a lot of innuendo and conjecture on a transfer being the reason Paetzell transferred out. Most posters are getting their hopes up based on threads on this board and HR. The Mat is silent and if they felt there was any credence to this rumor they would be all over it. In fact their over/under on PSU NCAA champions next year has Nick as a can't miss with posts made just days ago.

Weird. I heard from a reliable source that Suriano can't make 125, so he is going 133 (Cortez to 141), but that Spencer is transferring to backfill 125 and be closer to home (needs to take the redshirt year to heal). Doesn't have to sit out a year because of an "application error" at Iowa admissions. Spyker got his dad a job at Bucknell, and he has first dibs on rooms at the NLI for the wedding reception for any weekend except for OSU football.

And getting back to starting a comment with the word RUMOR. Is that like starting a comment with "WITH ALL DUE RESPECT". I give you Ricky Smalls Bobby

Love this post.

Reactions: CentexLion
He already said he's not a journalist. Don't gotta be a carpenter to build a deck. Doesn't matter if someone thinks the deck sucks, so long as the guy that paid you is happy.

Some of them really do need a safe space. They refuse to accept what the BigTen transfer rules are because it gets in the way of what they want to believe.

Anyone notice spyker has been MIA for a while? Maybe he did ask Nails. . . and the Russians noticed.
He's been pushing it on the Lion's Den. Well, more than pushing it - completely over the line - he's always pushing it. I suspect he's in time-out. He repeatedly was encouraging posters to, in effect, commit an NCAA violation and was warned multiple times by the moderator. It may be that, or it could be something else.

HR projected 2017-18 Hawkeye lineup
125 Spencer, with a bionic knee. Better than new.
133 Nick Suriano, B1G transfer rules waived.
141 Joey McKenna
149 Zain, Sorenson transfers to Iowa State
157Jason Nolf, Mike K goes to Ames with Brandon
165 IMar, the bull sits a year to study Imar
174 Mark Hall, just because
184 Bo Nickal. the rest of the guys came west, so did Bo.
197 Martin
Hwt Snyder

The last two just because they want to worship with Gable.

There you go, because Gobblin reports he has heard it from 3 very reliable sources.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT